Jony_RocketInMyPocket

Why are so many 'Bronies' into DayZ?

After seeing the 4chan board, and various other 'bronie' sites.

"Grown" men sexualising a childs cartoon? Fucking disgraceful.

not all of us sexualise the cartoon.

I'm surprised I haven't seen many Furries dwelling within the forums for an exception of just two.

Edited by ty5142

Furries are one thing, bronies are something else entirely. Like something creeped down into a basement for 10+ years and never came back up because it learned to use a computer. Then from there it learns of this cult where it could be accepted for what it is as everyone else has been living the same life as it. And in that cult you do nothing but use the same childish comebacks over and over to anyone that knows what you truly are. Then the worst of them actually name themselves after the characters in the cartoon itself because the imagination and thought process is completely screwed up from something that messed up their head in the past.

But yeah they're in this game because they have to infest anything and everything to make people hate them as much as possible, once you say ONE THING to them their day is complete because someone said something to them, whether it was negative or not. They feed on attention and the hate of other people, they can't be stopped because they are too asinine, ignorant and stubborn to have a reasonable thought process go through their heads.

• Like 1

didnt know what bronies are, i could have died happy without reading this thread.

wtf is wrong with these people, that is sick... like in pedo sick.

Oh for fuck's sake.

That fucking show has outgrown its target demographic. The pop culture references (The Big Lebrowski, Dr. Who, Madonna, Rolling Stones, etc etc) are aimed at adults in their early twenties. The characterization is good, the plot is fairly complex, and the art style/animation is more impressive than many animated shows out there today. These are things I noticed after watching like three fucking episodes with my daughter. If you can't appreciate the intrinsic value of something, don't fucking criticize it. You're not a critic then; you're just some asshole with an opinion. A shitty opinion based on ignorance of neutral judgement.

And for the love of GOD the bashing of these guys has to stop. Yes, a portion of them are socially inept neckbeards with no lives. Yes, a minute quantity of them may well be pedophiles happy to find a mainstream clique to fit in with. Yes, some of them may sexualize the show and it's characters. You know what the percentages of bronies are those three types? Probably the SAME FUCKING PERCENTAGES of people in ANY group in society.

Betcha you know a few bronies. Bet a few of them were near your children too. You know what he was thinking about your kids? Nothing because he was a normal fucking guy like you with a job, a girlfriend, bills to pay, a house to keep. Dude just happened to think MLP was a pretty cool thing. Who the hell cares?

Bronies can be fucking annoying. Seriously. I'm all for theming but for the love of god, do you really need ponies in every part of your profile? I'd think that was cool if it wasn't the umpteenth time I've seen it. And the threads, the injection into every single fandom ever. Again, it'd be fine if it wasn't EVERYWHERE. Bronies, your crime is of being kind of loud and obnoxious and omnipresent.

But fuck, at least they're NICE about it.

Edited by MoronToTheKore
  • Like 2

I don't care why so many people who play DayZ watch MLP. But I do care that so many of them call themselves bronies.

Brony culture is twelve different kinds of stupid and unnecessary. But MLP is okay.

I had to Google it, and its about grown men who enjoy watching My Little Pony.

I've seen this before on other forums, and I just don't get it. Why do grown men get so excited over a kids cartoon that's meant for girls?

But hey, each to their own, but I'll stick with watching programmes that have less sinister connotations.

Single socially awqward males

Wow, you guys actually watch a childrens show. How original and unusual, please continue to tell the world.

Because one facet of a person's being (Gender, ethnicity, things they enjoy, etc.) should not exclude them from being a part of other communities and enjoying other things.

It's the same reason why it's okay for girls to play videogames. One facet of your personality does not and should not define you completely, should not define what you supposedly do or do not do. It would be terrible for people to treat you as if all you did was play DayZ, right? There is much more to you than simply DayZ. Just as there is much more to every person. Human beings are all deeper than simply one of their defining characteristics.

The truth resists simplicity,

Single socially awqward males

Not really. I'm a married, socially-average male that enjoys MLP:FIM. It's a show I can watch and enjoy with my daughter when she's older (currently 1 month).

We really shouldn't judge each other based on one facet of our personalities. We should treat each other as multi-faceted, complex human beings because that's what we all are.

Except you over there, Tom. You suck.

• Like 1

Not really. I'm a married, socially-average male that enjoys MLP:FIM. It's a show I can watch and enjoy with my daughter when she's older (currently 1 month).

We really shouldn't judge each other based on one facet of our personalities. We should treat each other as multi-faceted, complex human beings because that's what we all are.

Except you over there, Tom. You suck.

There's a difference between you and bronies, for instance you probably don't go running around the internet named after one of the show's characters yelling "MLP IS THE BEST SHOW EVER UR STUPID FOR NOT WATCHING IT" or someshit to that relevance.

Imagine what the parents of "bronies" feel like when they find out their son watches little girl cartoons. I feel absolutely awful just thinking about it, all that shame and disappointment they must feel deep down. :(

There's a difference between you and bronies, for instance you probably don't go running around the internet named after one of the show's characters yelling "MLP IS THE BEST SHOW EVER UR STUPID FOR NOT WATCHING IT" or someshit to that relevance.

This. I am 20, male, and watched all the episodes. I even converted a hater into a lover by telling him everything about the upsides of MLP. I truly like the show. But don't count me in on the "brony side". I have yet to receive any directed hatred for my perception of the show. Well, that's because I don't let healthy enthusiasm turn into weird obsession, all while running around and rubbing my excessive fanatism into the faces of people who enjoy something less than me, spamming overused catchphrases of the show, calling out to other members of "the herd" with weird shoutouts and brohoofs and whatnot. I don't treat a TV show like a revolutionary embodiment of old human virtues that modern society needs oh so desperately. I don't decide I now have to love and tolerate every asshole on the planet because a TV show with pedagogical value suitable for 8 year olds said so.

Wake the fuck up.

That is all.

• Like 1

The same reason they're bronies. The psychological profile of bronies is a constant. They seek a group the be part of, and they become part of it. Being part of a subculture is comforting for some people, the most notable example being hipsterism. Because DayZ is popular, it is a fad, and the more people into a fad, the more likely it is that people will jump on, seeking appreciation from other people. Those that are 'bronies' will be more susceptible to the bandwagon effect.

In other words, they come because their friends did, they stay the same reason we do; It's fun. :D

By the way, I'm not talking about the people that legitemately like the show, I'm talking about the people who like it because it's a subculture. The former are largely independent, and the latter being bronies.

Edited by TurtleMadness
  • Like 1

But yeah they're in this game because they have to infest anything and everything to make people hate them as much as possible, once you say ONE THING to them their day is complete because someone said something to them, whether it was negative or not. They feed on attention and the hate of other people, they can't be stopped because they are too asinine, ignorant and stubborn to have a reasonable thought process go through their heads.

Infest? I started playing DayZ because I found it entertaining and fun, not to share my fandom of my little pony.

I'd rather be a Brony than a sniper.

Lol, I found this post funny because of this

(Note that you need a battlelog account in order to watch this.. I think.)

Edited by Guest

Try asking that on the board of every game forum, doesn't matter which game..

Wait WHAT??? are you telling me that these people with the pink ponies as their avatars are grown men who watch my little pony??It is kinda weird IMO.I mean most people that are into Arma2 have sick ass avatars yet when you post in Dayz forums you see magical colorful ponies everywhere instead.makes me wonder about myself LOL.

Wait WHAT??? are you telling me that these people with the pink ponies as their avatars are grown men who watch my little pony??It is kinda weird IMO.I mean most people that are into Arma2 have sick ass avatars yet when you post in Dayz forums you see magical colorful ponies everywhere instead.makes me wonder about myself LOL.

Avatars are there to show a small image about you, your interests etc etc, I think it is fitting to put one of my favorite shows on there. Thats what avatars are for right? They arent there to make you cool, they are there to represent you.. so to speak :P

Avatars are there to show a small image about you, your interests etc etc, I think it is fitting to put one of my favorite shows on there. Thats what avatars are for right? They arent there to make you cool, they are there to represent you.. so to speak :P

Agreed. Derpy fits the bill perfectly for me... and yeah military Derpy goes well for DayZ and well cos i was in the military lol.