Sam Maunder

DayZ Development Twitter

I find it a little bit disturbing that we're a week into January and it's been crickets since November with regard to the status of the Standalone.

• Like 1

Yeah, basically nothing new what we've already know.

My favorite part is:

Where is the game? Where is the Tumblr post?

Obviously they aren't there yet and I promised that. I also promised more contact, and then I disappeared off the face of the Earth. Now isn't really the time to get into all that, so all I am going to do is say that on all those account I failed and I'll deal to those in good time.

I'm really sorry that on those three counts I've failed, hopefully in time the reasons will all make some sense and the end product will justify all the madness of this year. Now is not the time for me to rush out a tumblr update, nor rush out a build. Both of those will, for the moment, need to wait - and both mean I didn't do what I said I would.

Where he didn't answered none of those 2 questions.

Edited by zaiks
  • Like 1

Q: Where is the game? Where is the Tumblr post?

A: Both of those will, for the moment, need to wait - and both mean I didn't do what I said I would.

• Like 5

I find it a little bit disturbing that we're a week into January and it's been crickets since November with regard to the status of the Standalone.

Yeah I find it odd aswell. Kind of losing interest in the DayZ experience to be honest. Come on guys, give us a good update with a screenshot. We love your game and understand about work load, but it would be great to see what might be new/what you are up to.

Q: Where is the game? Where is the Tumblr post?

A: Both of those will, for the moment, need to wait - and both mean I didn't do what I said I would.

Why arent you a blue anymore?

Yeah I find it odd aswell. Kind of losing interest in the DayZ experience to be honest. Come on guys, give us a good update with a screenshot. We love your game and understand about work load, but it would be great to see what might be new/what you are up to.

He doesnt want to leak anything to the competition.. Its understandable, but some communication would be nice.

You didn't hear? He found out he was the long lost nephew of billionaire! He is the only surviving member and was left the family fortune. He is now soaking up the sun in a paradise, surrounded by super models and jet setters. He no longer has the time to be bothered with the riff raff 'round these parts. Personally I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to that kind of abuse! I can only rationalize it as those baby blues are a cult of insane manics. I am glad to see Max has broken free from their grasp.

I had neither the time nor the inclination anymore, so I quit. Then, they all got test-invites.

Talk about timing, eh?

• Like 5

I had neither the time nor the inclination anymore, so I quit. Then, they all got test-invites.

Talk about timing, eh?

:(

The twitter is surprisingly lacking of actual DEVELOPMENT news though...

I don't (a long with many others I could imagine) give two shites about who made a herpderpingly funny DayZ machinima video or what gaming magazine most recently conducted a mind-numbingly boring interview with Rocket.

Your wrong, i (and many others) care :P

Talk about timing, eh?

Wot a planck :P

Tbh Rocket and the BI team owe you nothing (not even a response)

You have not paid for the Dayz Standalone so you are owed nothing :P

Patience my dear man!

• Like 1

Talk about timing, eh?

I am certain you should have received a test invite. Matt is checking now... If not will be rectified.

• Like 3

I am certain you should have received a test invite. Matt is checking now... If not will be rectified.

o Рокету Question: are there going to be invited to the PTA groups of participants (active) You Know This site here:REDACTED and here is my page: READACTED , I am active and here noob. Or will be invited only from the larger communities. I'm just interested to know that

Anyone taking part in *anything* will be contacted.

Please stop spamming the forum with urls.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Talk about timing, eh?

you were my favorite blue... Oh wells life comes first

I just hope that the people who do get an invite can provide reliable and constructive feedback; I've done some beta testing for software before and found out the majority of public testers will just completely ignore any sort of bug reporting and forget that it's not an early invite to the game, but a test phase used to iron out any problems that may arise.

Quality over quantity (in most cases)

• Like 1

I just hope that the people who do get an invite can provide reliable and constructive feedback; I've done some beta testing for software before and found out the majority of public testers will just completely ignore any sort of bug reporting and forget that it's not an early invite to the game, but a test phase used to iron out any problems that may arise.

Quality over quantity (in most cases)

Well, I think that this is more case of Open Beta tests. My full time job is testing software products for one international company and I can see that if people are excited about something they can be very generous.

So people which are picked for these invites are in Major so happy to be IN that they will repay with hard work. (in most cases)

But not everyone will for sure... and reporting is not all, same importance as reporting is to check that you dont create a duplicate of another bug report. There is no need to have 90% of the same bug only because it is a easy one to find :)

I hope that they will polish game fast, cuz i cant wait :_D

• Like 1

I agree... its useless to test with people that JUST want to play.

Like most of us that are hyping and screaming it to be released... these are most likely the ones that wont bother to "notice" or register the possible bugs, but just play the game.

Person that just want to play will most likely to come across most of the bugs that will matter most for the gaming experience but wont bother to do anything about it. Then the "testers" will most likely test "less" relevant stuff that could be fixed later that doesnt inflict the casual gameplay "so much"..

I have not been part of game "testing" but cant avoid it at work...

It could be good if they would test it with gamers that are now involved with the mod development, and other that have contributed the new content like good maps, modding etc within arma2. Also people from their own development that knows how the stuff works and people that really has time to play it..

• Like 3

What was the invitational plan?is it just random people or some "special" people?i mean is there is a chance to be in for us,mortals?

Edited by QuartzOne
  • Like 2

What was the invitational plan?is it just random people or some "special" people?i mean is there is a chance to be in for us,mortals?

i can't find the source but i may humbly say that the higher chance or the reserved slots would you call it that way, aka invites are for Forum Moderators, and for Community People who shared useful informations and stuff, and somehow helped out the Mod, mostly people out of this category "which know what the mod has gone through" if i recall the words correctly.

hope i haven't hurt anyone's feeling

i certainly am not in one of those categories

The selection of people testing as Rocket stated would be first and fore-most the people that have openly contributed to the MOD with great effort.

That of course being Forum Admins, Persons who maintained large test networks on multi-server hives, both private and public, and major contributes to the mod - and also I keep seeing people that are very popular on twitch, or youtube getting invites, as they will be able to release nice quality footage of the game rather then amateur stuff.

Now... if they are really getting invites is beyond me. They could be lying. I've yet to see anything gameplay/gamefootage and I don't know if the testing has even begun.

I would imagin the development team, will be asking the forum mods to highlight people from the forums that would deserve an invite.

So if you have been an annoying A**hole to the mods or other users, contributed nothing but negative views about Day z, are new to these forums/Day z and cannot spell or have general poor grammar I.E your posts look like this "Ye wos wunderin, wen da gam wod b out" then you will probably not be invited, but that only matters to the forum users.

I would imagin quite a few youtubers will be invited Jackfrags, NormalDifficulty, Frankieonpcin1080p(Hacker or not he knows the inside and outs of Dayz) TotalBiscuit and a host of others. They won't all be invited for their technical know how, but as they stream a lot of content and people are allowed to stream in the closed beta. It will be great free advertisment for the game developers, to show people not in CB. My question is with an NDA in place what content will they be allowed and what they won't be allowed to stream?

Oh and one other thing let me have a beta key please please please. Well it was worth a try :)

• Like 1

Enough with the Frankie Stuff, this isn't the place to discuss it do it on another website.

• Like 8