holycheeseboy

Admin abuse US1320, restarting the server after vehicle is stolen

Can we like, drop this please? This is becoming a petty e-peen war now.

One group says "hackers, hackers everywhere!"

Another group says "blacklist the server! punish the first offender!"

It's a constant back and forth with the same shit, with insults lathered into it.

As a matter of fact you are wrong. Its actually not two sided at all anymore, all this thread has amounted to now is a necro fest of morons who feel they need to piss on this resolved situation because they somehow beleive they are more mighty and wiser then the rest of the community who obviously do not give a fuck what they think or say.

Can we like, drop this please? This is becoming a petty e-peen war now.

One group says "hackers, hackers everywhere!"

Another group says "blacklist the server! punish the first offender!"

The group claiming hackers was based off of a hearsay that was said over vent (which could have never even have happened) without clear evidence (both visually or the logs; they just found the camp through metagaming and not hacking.)

The group claiming blacklist has visual and logical evidence from multiple sources and separate claims (OP's claim being the strongest.)

Whilst you see an e-peen war, I see a valid argument favoring the blacklist side.

I'm still for blacklisting the server, though. I'm glad he apologized, but what he did is inexcusable. He clearly violated the rules and thought he was in the right. Just because he said sorry doesn't mean he should be let off the hook. Repeatedly restarting the server to save his camp from getting looted isn't fair and given this situation isn't moral. He was restarting the server based on hearsay over vent that it was a hacker raiding his camp without checking the logs.

Again, I am glad he said sorry and supposedly admits he will never do this again, but I still think he should suffer the consequences. This will snowball to other admins blatantly abusing only to say sorry and have free reign as they horde items and vehicles, free reign of shutting down/restarting servers when things don't go in their favor, and free reign to ruin people's fun/effort when they want to legitimately raid a camp.

An admin should never restart or shut down the server unless they validate that it is a hacker or the server is being thunderdomed. I've been thunderdomed many times (and won the deathmatch a couple times; ALPHA MALE!) and afterwards I would find a way to kill myself and start over again. I've also been turned into a cow and lost all my stuff. Point is, I am not attached to my loot. As a server admin you should be doing your best to identify the hacker and report him/her, not protect your own stuff/loot. If your server was more populated, dez, then you would have been more disruptive to the others innocently playing than the "hacker" raiding your base. Also, after you actually checked the logs and found out that he wasn't hacking, instead of posting this, you posted this. A very shameful display.

I hope everyone is happy now, and we can all enjoy ourselves. Good day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, fucks like you need to go buy your own server. If it wasn't for people like us who fork over the money you would have no where to play. Grow up!

And we can shut down our server as much as we please. If I can't access admin control panel I can shut it down as much as I need to to regain access, Nothing wrong with that.

post-45926-0-68016700-1345501335_thumb.j Edited by BobJoeXXI
  • Like 3

"SUPER LONG, THOUGHT TO BE INTELLIGENT POST OF IGNORANCE AND MISUNDERSTANDING. SUCHJ POST MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT READ AS THEY ARE NEVER WRONG AND YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND HERP AND DERP"

now me

As a matter of fact you are wrong. Its actually not two sided at all anymore, all this thread has amounted to now is a necro fest of morons who feel they need to piss on this resolved situation because they somehow beleive they are more mighty and wiser then the rest of the community who obviously do not give a fuck what they think or say.

See where this is going? Where it will end?

You could hae easily said, "Hi my name is dumbguy, in my opinion, an opinion that has 0 rights being posted in this thread, again in my opinion think the server admin should not be given a second chance because second chances for human being who make mistakes it BLASPHEME and we should shun them and make then feel like dog shit"

we are not defending his actions that were reported in OP's post, we are defending his integrity to man up and acknowledge he made a mistake he does not plan on making again. Furthermore, the rules do not specifically say that what he did was wrong.. the rules beat around alot of different bushes im sure you know nothing about.

edit: also.. there was only one set of evidence given in regards to this case.. no one else made any other posts and the rest was just "hearsay" nonsense from 11 year olds upset about the upcoming 1st day of baby school.

Edited by Dj Mikey

I supported the OP and Killer777s on what happened by posting my piece about it here.

But, after reading this thread ... really? 9 F'n pages over all stemming from one evening? What the ever loving F***?

For goodness sakes folks. Dez was hot headed and probably a tad emotional (running servers is a labor of love, I run two solo, so I should know) at the beginning of the event. But Jesus Christ on a pogo stick this thread just needs to DIE.

If he's not blacklisted by now he's not going to be.

Dez, I hope you learned an important lesson and hope it makes you a better server admin from all of this.

Good luck man,

~Drainbamaged

(aka Gravel, server admin for US 1550 and US 2522)

I supported the OP and Killer777s on what happened by posting my piece about it here.

But, after reading this thread ... really? 9 F'n pages over all stemming from one evening? What the ever loving F***?

For goodness sakes folks. Dez was hot headed and probably a tad emotional (running servers is a labor of love, I run two solo, so I should know) at the beginning of the event. But Jesus Christ on a pogo stick this thread just needs to DIE.

Dez, I hope you learned an important lesson and hope it makes you a better server admin from all of this.

Good luck man,

~Drainbamaged

See where this is going? Where it will end?

You could hae easily said, "Hi my name is dumbguy, in my opinion, an opinion that has 0 rights being posted in this thread, again in my opinion think the server admin should not be given a second chance because second chances for human being who make mistakes it BLASPHEME and we should shun them and make then feel like dog shit"

I'm sorry, I thought I was posting on a forum not under the control of a ruthless dictatorship. Oh! That's right. I am posting on a forum not under the control of a ruthless dictatorship. So that means my opinions do matter. I signed up here to post a bug that I had, off-topic goofing around, and opinions that I had on some topics. If that makes you upset, then I'm sorry. Tis the way it is.

Also, I hope you get a chance to read the forum rules; specifically:

Flaming:

Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.

• Like 1

Good luck man,

~Drainbamaged

i can word that, and to Dez

-> dont forget to ban all those serverhopper, ghoster, and other morons! you got the right as a serverowner ... simple as that

[sarcasm]

its also totally ridicolous, you cant bunnyhop? ey, so lets disc. and server hopp .... its even better !

[/sarcasm]

Holy Cheese, people like you make me sick. Let me start out by saying I was the AFK guy on the ground and I went out for a 10 to 20 min smoke break. As soon as I came back, I saw that I was dead. The other guys told me what happened and they thought it was a hacker so I tried to access the admin control panel. Anyways, it kicks me for script restriction and I try rejoining and accessing the control panel once again only to get kicked. Bam I reset the server and I have every right to in order to access my control panel to deal with a hacker that I potentially thought existed. Anyways, every time I restarted the server it wouldn't let me access the panel and gave me various script restrictions until finally it worked. You may have been trying legitly to take our stuff, but I am sure not to let a hacker get away with our vehicles. Now taking the time to look at logs, you are not hacking but in the heat of the moment it didn't matter to me.

To be honest, fucks like you need to go buy your own server. If it wasn't for people like us who fork over the money you would have no where to play. Grow up!

Who do you want to make a fool ...

pls post your remoteexec.log

Edited by Mr. Church

Dez just quit responding. This community seems to go after server admins when they make a mistake like it was nobodies business. Instead of correcting mistakes people just want to see servers blacklisted.

LOL he doesnt just disconnect when he is AFK you are stupid admin owner, OP this guy needs to get blacklisted. chances are he is just making up this "hacker story" because he doesnt want to get in trouble fuck you dez.

ubS4W.jpg

Troll on troll on.

• Like 4

Holy Cheese, people like you make me sick. Let me start out by saying I was the AFK guy on the ground and I went out for a 10 to 20 min smoke break. As soon as I came back, I saw that I was dead. The other guys told me what happened and they thought it was a hacker so I tried to access the admin control panel. Anyways, it kicks me for script restriction and I try rejoining and accessing the control panel once again only to get kicked. Bam I reset the server and I have every right to in order to access my control panel to deal with a hacker that I potentially thought existed. Anyways, every time I restarted the server it wouldn't let me access the panel and gave me various script restrictions until finally it worked. You may have been trying legitly to take our stuff, but I am sure not to let a hacker get away with our vehicles. Now taking the time to look at logs, you are not hacking but in the heat of the moment it didn't matter to me.

You're a fool, if you don't want to host, then don't host. Using hosting as your "getaway card" is simple just abusing your rights, if you had lost your vehicles by a confirmed hacker, then you should report ban the player, and find your vehicles legitly again, what is the point of to a survival simulator, if all you're doing is cheating... seriously? Hell you still had another car, so why complain I have had worse, and I am sure others have had even worse situations than I have ^^

• Like 1

You're a fool, if you don't want to host, then don't host. Using hosting as your "getaway card" is simple just abusing your rights, if you had lost your vehicles by a confirmed hacker, then you should report ban the player, and find your vehicles legitly again, what is the point of to a survival simulator, if all you're doing is cheating... seriously? Hell you still had another car, so why complain I have had worse, and I am sure others have had even worse situations than I have ^^

If people stop hosting you will have no where to play. Keep shooting yourself in the foot.

I think people need to realize everyone is so upset with this issue as a whole and not specificially with the individual.

50% of the servers I have played on had admins who rolled the server back every 5 minutes, and the other servers were total crap buggy pieces of garbage that just deleted tents placed 10 seconds ago or didnt update properly.

you find a car, steal it, server shuts down.

you find a tent, loot it, server shuts down.

you kill a player from that clan, server shuts down.

admin abuse is rampant, how dare anyone here try to defend someone in a situation like this. how dare anyone claim the community has no right to voice its opinion. this will be the downfall of the game when it is released. I don't understand how the Dev team expects this to be a working model as a "polished" stand alone game. If server admins are so concerned with their worthless digital items in a FN alpha mod of a game, how much MORE will they cheat to protect their worthless digital items in a WORKING standalone? This current system will fail and at this point it pains me to say the standalone game will be nothing more than a money grab. I'm still going to buy it, hell I've purchased combined operations for friends to get them to play this, i'm just afraid we will encounter the exact same bullshit we do now in alpha.

• Like 2

His video is garbage, it is all edited time has no limit in that video it could be 1 sec or 30 mins.

You sir. Are mentally disabled.

Well done.

If people stop hosting you will have no where to play. Keep shooting yourself in the foot.

bullshit

Oh, really? All the bad admins stop hosting and I will have no where to play?

On the contrary, I will have everywhere to play. There are thousands of servers with plenty of amazing admins who keep a cool head and follow the rules set by the DayZ staff. If all the bad admins stop hosting then that moves DayZ a step in the right direction.

Edited by BobJoeXXI
  • Like 3

Oh, really? All the bad admins stop hosting and I will have no where to play?

On the contrary, I will have everywhere to play. There are thousands of servers with plenty of amazing admins who keep a cool head and follow the rules set by the DayZ staff. If all the bad admins stop hosting then that moves DayZ a step in the right direction.

As ridiculously restrictive as the rules are, I bet a very large majority of SA's have broken one of them, either on purpose or accidently.

Proof: I recorded the whole thing on video which you can see here:

Sure as hell looks like admin abuse to me..

US 905 did the same thing...babies

US 905 restarts around 10:30 AM / PM every day, depending on what's going on at the time. I manually reset the server, as I still haven't figured out the auto restart times. One of my other admins failed to announce the reset. It was a mistake on his part and has been rectified. We announce every reset and notify everyone to save their vehics. If they return to a previous spawn, say, our camp - which you stole it from and were lucky enough not to get shot, if it's the Ural you tried to take, all you had to do was tell us and we'd have let you come get it. Like we did for [ENF] when their helicopter returned to it's previous saved location in our little basecamp.

Next time you have a problem, come and speak with us. We do our best to ensure FAIR and Balanced gameplay.