Sign in to follow this  
porkyham

Remove livestock/animals/raw meat from the game

I think this would be an interesting change, make up some backstory that all the animals/livestock became infected and died, thus making them inedible. It would make players from all 'levels' have to venture into towns to retrieve supplies on a regular basis, which would stop alot of the griefing/camping. Would be a nice change to see :) your opinions?

Anyone with a car ( and enough storage in it) would laugh all the way from loots and players on foot would be IMO the only ones pretty much f**d up, trying to make their way out of town to far north, only to die of hunger

No, it promotes camping more than it stops it.

In what way? food items spawn mostly anywhere, so there would be no specific place to camp to kill people looking for food, and would make people who do camp elektro/cherno etc have to come down into close quarters situations to restock. Would be good to see never the less, seeing as its an alpha, it would be cool to gague how the community reacts and responds to the change.

Anyone with a car ( and enough storage in it) would laugh all the way from loots and players on foot would be IMO the only ones pretty much f**d up, trying to make their way out of town to far north, only to die of hunger

Its rather comical to think of a bus loaded with baked beans lol, however it seems more realistic than carrying arround raw/cooked meat without refridgeration. In a zombie apocalypse, if animals were infected too, canned and long-life food would be the only other viable alternative.

It would also make trips more fun in that you would have to plan your route, this is already in place somewhat due to the placement of adequate water supplies, and having to follow these in some cases to refil when needed.

Meat is the best way to regen blood when playing solo. Unless they add another method, I don't think meat should go anywhere.

Meat is the best way to regen blood when playing solo. Unless they add another method, I don't think meat should go anywhere.

Yea, its the only viable way when playing solo to recoup blood loss, however is it all bad if its removed? maybe people would be more cautious about situations where they may lose blood, or maybe they could make beans more rare but have them recover more blood than other canned food.

Just seems abit silly when carrying around 12 pieces of cooked meat in your backpack for days on end, diarrhea here i come! lol

No, if this was realistic, hunting/gathering would be the main way that people would survive. Cities/towns would be completely barren after a matter of weeks.

Edited by Velocirapetor

No, if this was realistic, hunting/gathering would be the main way that people would survive. Cities/towns would be completely barren after a matter of weeks.

But what if animals also carried the infection/became infected during the 'event'? i guess we will never know as the lore is minimal at best, most likely until the standalone. But it would be fun to see the changes implemented, if they did make the changes they could add a little story to it also to make it more believable, such as alot of/most of the animals became infected, and eating them would increase your chances of infection of becoming sick etc.

The more changes they make while its an alpha, the better in my opinion, as long as they are well thought out and dont unbalance the game too much, but in some cases you wont know this till you try :)

Worst idea ever, its already hard to travel with snipers around. Just think about it, without food source in the forest, more ppl would concentrate in villages on the way to the north. Now imagine snipers camping near these villages because its the only food source when traveling. Hunting saved my chars many times and allows to be more stealthly.

would make people who do camp elektro/cherno etc have to come down into close quarters situations to restock

I think most of them either server farm or hack-spawn their gear, or have tents set-up on the server and dupe their stuff.

Most couldn't care less about the length of their character's life, or how much equipment they lose when killed.

However, I camp in the country and avoid other players as much as possible. Since tinned food is very scarce in villages,

hunting is the main way I can recover from injuries and hunger. Take away that, and you'd be forcing me to go to larger

towns and cities to be sniped by a brain-dead ten year old an elite highly skilled player.

I don't mind if the energy level of cooked food, or the number of steaks you can get from a large animal, is lowered a bit.

But it would be a shame to get rid of hunting altogether, and make the game even shittier for survival gameplay.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

But what if animals also carried the infection/became infected during the 'event'? i guess we will never know as the lore is minimal at best, most likely until the standalone. But it would be fun to see the changes implemented, if they did make the changes they could add a little story to it also to make it more believable, such as alot of/most of the animals became infected, and eating them would increase your chances of infection of becoming sick etc.

The more changes they make while its an alpha, the better in my opinion, as long as they are well thought out and dont unbalance the game too much, but in some cases you wont know this till you try :)

It would be the same as if humans became infected with that disease, and your assuming that some people wouldnt die, so you MUST assume that some animals have atleast a chance for survival.. Probably thinking about it too much, but oh well. Thought i'd add my 2 cents. Deffinatly not a stupid idea though.
  • Like 1

I think most of them either server farm or hack-spawn their gear

Sorry for double post, but your a donkey if you truly beleive that. But im hoping it was just a misscommunication, if not, then dont be that kid that ASSumes everything.

They should also remove bullets because that promotes the injuring of other players and harmless windows. Someone should also do something about these zombies because they are really getting in the way of my marathon routes from Kamenka to Berezino.

• Like 1

I posted about removing canned foods and soda while making hunting and water sources the only way to survive.Its how I play with water and rabbits being all I consume.When I see cows in fields surrounded by starving zeds its easy to see that that would never happen.Rabbits though can easily get away as they are fast and escape easily.Its hard to play like this and makes the game feel like its all survival since you get only one steak per rabbit.I find myself running around with less than 5K usually and am constantly searching for any signs of game....rabbit droppings being my trail and the delicious meat of the rabbit my prize.I get close to death at times but a rabbit appears right when I am about to drop.Was thinking that maybe a boar could be a great find for me and allow me 3 steaks to eat for 2400 blood but I do not save them so its one time eating feast.

Sorry for double post, but your a donkey if you truly beleive that. But im hoping it was just a misscommunication, if not, then dont be that kid that ASSumes everything.

I'll clarify then - I think that most snipers (and deathmatchers) do not walk around the map after spawning to gear-up 'fairly' or 'naturally'.

I think most have tents on private/empty servers to gear-up, and then they server hop onto populated servers.

If they get killed, they can be back in their favourite sniping spot within ten or fifteen minutes.

Some don't even bother with tents, and just spawn their gear with a hack and then teleport to their favourite spot.

How is that NOT an accurate description of what's currently going on?

I think this would be an interesting change, make up some backstory that all the animals/livestock became infected and died, thus making them inedible. It would make players from all 'levels' have to venture into towns to retrieve supplies on a regular basis, which would stop alot of the griefing/camping. Would be a nice change to see :) your opinions?

Stop a lot of camping?

I don't see people camping cows and sheep...

Grocery stores and towns on the other hand people already camp lots, this would only make it worse.

Having a method to obtain food and water outside of items in cities is a must...

lol how old are you 5 ?

Worst idea ive read. It would do more bad than good. Hunting(as basic as it is) is an excellent game mechanic it just needs to be worked.

Ha damn son your logic is abit bent around the opposite way to most, I mean who the hell wants to venture into towns on purpose anyway ??

hahaa oh dear...

Edited by liquidcactus

While I can see where OP is comming from... most pathagons would be killed by cooking the meat to high temperatures anyway... [most foodborne illinesses come from not cooking the meat to a proper temperature, and most thigns that would cause a food borne illness can be cooked out of meat if you meet the proper temperatures] so uh... yeah... And let's not forget plenty of people stored meat for long peroids of time simply by using salt.

Yall too hung up on the modern ways.

• Like 1

I agree with this. Having to go into towns is a big part of the game, but with meat and waterbottles, I have no need to venture into them. This will actually provide a lot more longevity into gameplay.

If you play solo, you should accept that you will need to communicate with friendlies for assistance in blood transfusions.

Yea, its the only viable way when playing solo to recoup blood loss, however is it all bad if its removed? maybe people would be more cautious about situations where they may lose blood, or maybe they could make beans more rare but have them recover more blood than other canned food.

Just seems abit silly when carrying around 12 pieces of cooked meat in your backpack for days on end, diarrhea here i come! lol