domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Will there ever be functionally to stream other log files? It would be great to have them in other tabs, that highlighted or flashed when there was an update.

It would be so much better than having DaRT open while streaming the log files in separate windows and trying to keep track of everything.

I know you said this wouldn't ever FTP but didn't know if it was also possible through rcon the way you stream the console log now.

Edited by RS-Dolph

Will there ever be functionally to stream other log files? It would be great to have them in other tabs, that highlighted or flashed when there was an update.

It would be so much better than having DaRT open while streaming the log files in separate windows and trying to keep track of everything.

I know you said this wouldn't ever FTP but didn't know if it was also possible through rcon the way you stream the console log now.

There is no way to request any log file via rcon.

Unless BattlEye adds a way to do this I guess DaRT will never be able to do so.

can you make a ipod/android app for this program? i hate minimizing my game :/

Since I don't have an Android/Apple device I would say no.

Is anyone else having trouble with DART reconnecting after server restarts? I know that it will automatically try to reconnect if the Auto Reconnect box is checked, but it seems to "give up" after 2 attempts (within 5 seconds). It just gives the message:

"It appears that the server went down. Please check if the server is online and reconnect."

As it will normally take a good minute for the server to get back up and running, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect DART after every restart. I have adjusted my sleep cycle to sleep only 4 hours, but recently I'm having nightmares about having to PUSH THE DART BUTTON! :o Is there any way to adjust this?

Is anyone else having trouble with DART reconnecting after server restarts? I know that it will automatically try to reconnect if the Auto Reconnect box is checked, but it seems to "give up" after 2 attempts (within 5 seconds). It just gives the message:

"It appears that the server went down. Please check if the server is online and reconnect."

As it will normally take a good minute for the server to get back up and running, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect DART after every restart. I have adjusted my sleep cycle to sleep only 4 hours, but recently I'm having nightmares about having to PUSH THE DART BUTTON! :o Is there any way to adjust this?

The reconnect feature is for reconnect if the connection gets lost for a few seconds, not for a server restart.

I will see what I can do though.

Is there any way to stop the constant crashing? On a normal day Dart will crash 15+ times. Multiply that by the 4 instances I run for, 1 for each server(from separate folders), and I'm dealing with huge amounts of crashes all day. Just in the last 10 minutes I have had 4 crashes.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dart is by far the best Rcon tool and the only issue I have with it is the crashing. I thought it might have been related to either my computer or having multiple instances. But it will still do it with 1 instance and the same thing happens to 2 of my admins.

Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening?

Is there any way to stop the constant crashing? On a normal day Dart will crash 15+ times. Multiply that by the 4 instances I run for, 1 for each server(from separate folders), and I'm dealing with huge amounts of crashes all day. Just in the last 10 minutes I have had 4 crashes.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dart is by far the best Rcon tool and the only issue I have with it is the crashing. I thought it might have been related to either my computer or having multiple instances. But it will still do it with 1 instance and the same thing happens to 2 of my admins.

Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening?

You could post a crash report.

Awesome tool for the most part, but I have some issues with it.

1. Ban list takes FOREVER to load and/or search. Is this just me or the tool?

2. Ban list doenst update unless you disconnect and reconnect.

3. Ban list doesnt seem to correct recently. I have 1881 bans on my list yet DART is only showing 134?? I will close and reconnect and it shows 633 or some other number. Very strange.

4. Is there a way to track players on 2 or more different machines?

5. Player list doenst seem to update until you disconnect or relogin and some players just dont show up on the list.

Awesome tool for the most part, but I have some issues with it.

1. Ban list takes FOREVER to load and/or search. Is this just me or the tool?

2. Ban list doenst update unless you disconnect and reconnect.

3. Ban list doesnt seem to correct recently. I have 1881 bans on my list yet DART is only showing 134?? I will close and reconnect and it shows 633 or some other number. Very strange.

I'm still having some problem with the ban list but most of the time I get all my 2247 bans in my ban list shown properly.

What you mean?

You mean syncing the player database?

5. Player list doenst seem to update until you disconnect or relogin and some players just dont show up on the list.

Can't recreate it, did you actually press Refresh?

Edited by DomiStyle

snapback.pngmaddyn99, on 27 September 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

What you mean?

You mean syncing the player database?

I mean use DART on 2 different computers and the player list is different for each one. Is there a way to grab a centralized playerlist that shows the players no matter where you log in from?

snapback.pngmaddyn99, on 27 September 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Can't recreate it, did you actually press Refresh?

yep. Here is an example...

11:38:23 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem (IP REMOVED) connected

11:38:23 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem - GUID: GUID HERE (unverified)

11:38:23 Verified GUID (GUID HERE) of player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem

11:39:15 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem disconnected

He doesnt show up in the players database. The guy before him and the guy after him does.

On a side note when you right click in the text box in DART there is only clear....can you allow copying without having to CTL C

I mean use DART on 2 different computers and the player list is different for each one. Is there a way to grab a centralized playerlist that shows the players no matter where you log in from?

yep. Here is an example...

11:38:23 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem (IP REMOVED) connected

11:38:23 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem - GUID: GUID HERE (unverified)

11:38:23 Verified GUID (GUID HERE) of player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem

11:39:15 Player #0 {Russian Bears} Totem disconnected

He doesnt show up in the players database. The guy before him and the guy after him does.

On a side note when you right click in the text box in DART there is only clear....can you allow copying without having to CTL C

Currently you can't unless you sync the players.db file with each computer.

There soon will be an option to sync with a global player database as well as syncing with a MySQL server to share between your computers.

The log snippet you posted shows him disconnecting straight away, why should he be on the player list? ;)

Which text box?

How Russian language not support ? can repair this?

09aa6764c53f.jpg

Not at the moment, sorry.

Global chat doesn't seem to be working for me, nobody can see my msges when i send them.

Is your input set to "Say Global" or "Console"?

Do you get a response in the log when writing?

I would need a person that speaks russian to test the new encoding by the way, anyone up? Write me a pm or add me on steam: autdomistyle

Edited by DomiStyle

Having some major problems with DART. Whenever I or any of my admins load up DaRT my DayZ server crashes. This just started happening this afternoon. No changes were made to the server or configs before it started happening. I've tried updating Dart as well as reinstalling the latest Arma update. Anyone got any ideas?? At the end of my rope here!

Having some major problems with DART. Whenever I or any of my admins load up DaRT my DayZ server crashes. This just started happening this afternoon. No changes were made to the server or configs before it started happening. I've tried updating Dart as well as reinstalling the latest Arma update. Anyone got any ideas?? At the end of my rope here!

a) Can you use BERCon to connect?

b) Which Beta are you using?

c) Can you send me the crashdump of the server via PM?

Edited by DomiStyle

When I grade autoup-dating

later any time and if on the server there is a lot of the people

the Dart was crashed after he consuming of 500+ mb ram memory

When I grade autoup-dating

later any time and if on the server there is a lot of the people

the Dart was crashed after he consuming of 500+ mb ram memory

Do you have any error message?

I precisely didn't look, that I noted the only thing, this big consuming of memory

When next time will be crash

I will surely save a screenshot ;)

Edited by darkwoox

a) Can you use BERCon to connect?

B) Which Beta are you using?

c) Can you send me the crashdump of the server via PM?

Yes, BEC connects and the game runs fine. Which leads me to believe that the game itself is ok since BEC connects to it the same as an admin tool.

We are using the 97451 beta

Yes I will send you a PM of the crash.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, BEC connects and the game runs fine. Which leads me to believe that the game itself is ok since BEC connects to it the same as an admin tool.

We are using the 97451 beta

Yes I will send you a PM of the crash.

Thanks for the help!

Could you try to update your Beta patch to 97678?

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

It had alot of server side fixes.

I had one person before that had a similar problem.

I sent the crashdump to Bohemia Interactive so they can solve the problem, I will do the same with yours.

Not really anything I can think of that could lead to a crash when using RCon but maybe it got fixed with 97678.

Edited by DomiStyle

Global say nor messaging seems to work.

Global messages won't appear in-game nor will PMs.

And yes, I used Global Say not Console when sending global.

19:01:13 Message sent to [CKS] Leettari!

19:01:13 Player is unable to receive the message

19:02:27 Message sent to [CKS] Leettari!

19:02:28 Player is unable to receive the message

EDIT: Also at the moment, it will not ping anyone correctly, everyone has a ping of -1 and question mark where flag should be.

It worked just fine couple hours ago, now it's all wonky.

Edited by leettari

Global say nor messaging seems to work.

Global messages won't appear in-game nor will PMs.

And yes, I used Global Say not Console when sending global.

EDIT: Also at the moment, it will not ping anyone correctly, everyone has a ping of -1 and question mark where flag should be.

It worked just fine couple hours ago, now it's all wonky.

There is a problem with the master server causing strange ping results.

Also there is a problem with RCon being unable to send messages, I was able to recreate this with BERCon.

Gonna see if I can find out what's wrong.

Atleast it's not an error on my part.

edit: It seems like a BattlEye update is causing all of this.

I will check if everything is working fine after the update is done.

Edited by DomiStyle