domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Domi, DaRT tool is great rcon tool ! It works for arma3 servers to which i mostly use it for.

I know that it is been made for Dayz but would be great if you could implement mission list like it is in battlewarden tool

untitled.jpg

And connecting to server via DNS name would be cool too beacuse if you have server which is on dynamic ip (chenges every 24hrs) then you have to check which ip is every day and reenter it into rcon tool.

DNS name removes the need of the checking Ip adress every day beacuse server is always at same address even the ip changes .

Now program doesnt support that option.. address like ThisISmyDAYZ.server.com

Edited by eudo

Hi i a was using dart for around a month and suddenly today after a restart the program no longer loads, disabled av ect tried sandboxie and tried running as admin and in safe mode no luck, the program doesnt even load into memory it just closes.. when i try to run compatibility mode it gives me a error:

---------- Info ----------
DaRT v1.0.1
Time of crash: 10/18/2013 12:48:51 PM
Total used memory: 34 MB / 21375 MB
Threads: 10
---------- Error ----------
Configuration system failed to initialize
---------- StackTrace ----------
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_host()
   at DaRT.Config.Read(GUI gui)
   at DaRT.GUI..ctor(String version)
   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

im running windows 7 pro and has worked up until now please have you got a solution

but

EDIT: I redownloaded and installed the files to a different path and it seemed to load....  but if i copy the redownloaded files to the old path and overwrite or make a new folder with same name as the old path the program fails to load again not sure why

Edited by cosacee

I was wondering if there was a limit to how many people could be logged into dart at the same time on a server?

Edited by AtomQuark

Sorry, I was away for some time but I am back now.

I too, am experiencing the issue of DaRT no longer displaying in-game chat. The only chat that appears is Side Channel chat.

Please take in account that other ingame chat only gets transmitted to the server if players are in range.

Which means that Side Chat will only get transmitted if players are on the server.

Direct chat will only be transmitted to the server if players are in range.

Vehicle chat will only be transmitted to the server if players are in the same vehicle.

I have the same issue.  I can see my own Admin chats that I send from DaRT, but no other chats from of the players in the game.  I've got all of the types of chats checked to "show" in the settings screen.

No luck.

Ideas?

See above.

when a admin is logged in and we change the rcon Password the admin is still logged in; we can restart the server or reinstall ist, the (in this case abusive admin) ist still in. Any way to kick him from Dart? seems as long he doenst press disconnet which he never will causehe is a adhs script kiitty who only wants to harm others, is is always in admin command and kill our server. 

Any Idea?

I am actually not so sure about that.

Try changing the password and leaving the server offline for 1-2 minutes.

BattlEye shouldn't accept the user with the old password anymore.

Domi, DaRT tool is great rcon tool ! It works for arma3 servers to which i mostly use it for.

I know that it is been made for Dayz but would be great if you could implement mission list like it is in battlewarden tool

untitled.jpg

And connecting to server via DNS name would be cool too beacuse if you have server which is on dynamic ip (chenges every 24hrs) then you have to check which ip is every day and reenter it into rcon tool.

DNS name removes the need of the checking Ip adress every day beacuse server is always at same address even the ip changes .

Now program doesnt support that option.. address like ThisISmyDAYZ.server.com

DNS support is coming in the next version if I ever get to finish it.

You can already displays missions by executing the "missions" command in the command line.

I didn't implement a GUI for it yet though, expect it for the next version.

Hi i a was using dart for around a month and suddenly today after a restart the program no longer loads, disabled av ect tried sandboxie and tried running as admin and in safe mode no luck, the program doesnt even load into memory it just closes.. when i try to run compatibility mode it gives me a error:

---------- Info ----------
DaRT v1.0.1
Time of crash: 10/18/2013 12:48:51 PM
Total used memory: 34 MB / 21375 MB
Threads: 10
---------- Error ----------
Configuration system failed to initialize
---------- StackTrace ----------
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_host()
   at DaRT.Config.Read(GUI gui)
   at DaRT.GUI..ctor(String version)
   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

im running windows 7 pro and has worked up until now please have you got a solution

but

EDIT: I redownloaded and installed the files to a different path and it seemed to load....  but if i copy the redownloaded files to the old path and overwrite or make a new folder with same name as the old path the program fails to load again not sure why

Please open your AppData folder (C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local) and delete the folder called DomiStyle.

This should cause DaRT to regenerate the configuration. Also note that there must be an intact .config file in the root folder where DaRT.exe is.

I was wondering if there was a limit to how many people could be logged into dart at the same time on a server?

Not directly in DaRT, but from what I know BattlEye has a limit of 5 clients.

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 1

Hello,

Is there any way to track players and their details (on DaRT) that join my server *IPs in Particular* even when DaRT is NOT switched on??

I always IP ban CONFIRMED hackers, but they always seem to join while none of my admins are online.. (-Thus not showing anything in the player DB)

(i would keep DaRT running 24/7 if i could lolz)

Thanks

Marko

Edited by Markokil321

Can we get some beta of 1.2ver ? Or at least some ETA on update ?

• Like 1

Yes I was wondering also when the latest release will come out. In the changelog it says 1.1 community update is unreleased, as well as 1.2 Im using 1.0.1 and wondering if that is the latest current version?

Can we get some beta of 1.2ver ? Or at least some ETA on update ?

I am still quite busy with other stuff but I am working slowly on the new version.

I will try to release it in December or atleast publish the source code and what I got so far till then.

any way to run this in a linux environment?

You should be able to use WINE (http://www.winehq.org). It allows you to run Windows binaries in a desktop environment (like Ubuntu).

Yep, DaRT runs fine using Wine.

Mono support is pending.

Yes I was wondering also when the latest release will come out. In the changelog it says 1.1 community update is unreleased, as well as 1.2 Im using 1.0.1 and wondering if that is the latest current version?

See above.

hey,

im getting some troubles with Dart since a few days. Its not autorefreshing anymore like it set in the settings and its show the flags from the players. 

A friend of mine uses Dart as well on the same Server and his is working as it should be.

I have tried to redownload it a few times but without a result :(

Hope someone can help.

Thank you and cheers

hey,

im getting some troubles with Dart since a few days. Its not autorefreshing anymore like it set in the settings and its show the flags from the players. 

A friend of mine uses Dart as well on the same Server and his is working as it should be.

I have tried to redownload it a few times but without a result :(

Hope someone can help.

Thank you and cheers

I can vouch for this, Me and a few of my admins are getting the exact same issues (No refreshing, No flags, many crashes)

While for others the tool is working perfectly. ( I already tried reinstalling DaRT, but this did not fix it for me.)

Thanks

Edited by Markokil321

I can vouch for this, Me and a few of my admins are getting the exact same issues (No refreshing, No flags, many crashes)

While for others the tool is working perfectly. ( I already tried reinstalling DaRT, but this did not fix it for me.)

Thanks

I have this happen sometimes and almost wonder if its a host thing. Last night dart wouldnt update from be master and wouldnt refresh and today its fine. I know in a day or two it will do the same thing again. It still works but requires manual intervention sometimes.

Not toooo big of a deal as it still logs chat. The only thing I see it affecting is current users logged into the server. A quick refresh and its better.

Hi i have a problem my Dart dont start: Houston weve Got a...  Oh look Dart Crashed Again. Problem! Please describe what you did to cause this crash. what is this? please help

Hi i have a problem my Dart dont start: Houston weve Got a...  Oh look Dart Crashed Again. Problem! Please describe what you did to cause this crash. what is this? please help

Quite a few people seem to be having issues with DaRT lately, including myself. 

but for the love of god don't post the same shit twice, It was understood the first time...

All i can say is possibly try restarting the tool or maybe even re installing it, i don't know.

Good luck  :)

Edited by Markokil321

I like it that a program like this is available, but be honest: it simply sucks.

Crashing all the time, some basic functionality not there, etc. etc.

Please post the source so people that can actually code fix it.

I was wondering we have 3 servers that run on dart and we just swapped one to a new host promoting the question. How can we transfer the ban list from one profile to another.

We have 3 servers all run on Dart. We want to swap ban lists how do we do this?

In the BattlEye folder of your server, you will find a file called bans.txt. All your bans are 'stored' there, you will have to transfer the bans.txt from your old server, to all the other servers... I don't think theres an option to transfer banlists on DaRT

Edited by Markokil321

Since 6 hours our dart, would not connect anymore. Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg and the server is running.

I cant understand this, i changed nothing during the night. rcon pw is set, so i have clue, why dart wont connect.

Any ideas?

Since 6 hours our dart, would not connect anymore. Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg and the server is running.

I cant understand this, i changed nothing during the night. rcon pw is set, so i have clue, why dart wont connect.

Any ideas?

The software is very poorly coded mate. We need real coders to finish this.

The message "Thank you for using Dart v1.0.1, V1.1 will be out soon" has been there for about 2 months now.

Many server hosts say that it's designed very badly too but there's no real coder able to fix this piece of crap because

the makers of DaRT don't post the source code for it. Any software that does not cost money is categorized under the

Freeware license which states that the source code for it has to be available to it's users.

If the code is not available they have to make it cost money and stop getting payed for it using "donations".

I know that the code will be available "soon" but it should have been available already.

Makers of DaRT, fix this and stop making money of a free program.

Any software that does not cost money is categorized under the

Freeware license which states that the source code for it has to be available to it's users.

You're confusing open-source and freeware. Freeware only implies that the software is free for anyone to obtain.