domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Ok, so when i connect my pc to my mobilephones network it loads.  So there seem to be something blocking it from my router or something.. werid tho as it has worked well all time until 1 month ago 

Okey, so me and  Palka have talked on ts now, but we think we require your help here. So if you could pop on ts3.mgtrolls.eu when u have time it would be wonderfull. And thx palka for your time! :)  :thumbsup:  B)

• Like 1

Just started getting a couple crashes today.  The only thing that changed is I installed a few Windows updates.  Here's the first error:

---------- Info ----------DaRT v2Time of crash: 12/11/2014 8:40:19 PMTotal used memory: 20 MB / 13776 MBThreads: 10---------- Error ----------Configuration system failed to initialize---------- StackTrace ----------   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_UpgradeConfig()   at DaRT.GUImain..ctor(String version)   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

And once I close it out then I get this:

---------- Info ----------DaRT v2Time of crash: 12/11/2014 8:42:31 PMTotal used memory: 27 MB / 13699 MBThreads: 10---------- Error ----------Object reference not set to an instance of an object.---------- StackTrace ----------   at DaRT.GUIcrash.GUIcrash_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

Ideas??

Hey.

If I use the ban relay server I get an error called "Could not read password from beserver.cfg! Exiting..."

My beserver.cfg contains a rconpassword...so what is the reason why it can not collect the password? 

Any help is appreciated

I alread tried to start the programm as administrator.

Hi ! I got problems with DART :(
Unfortunetly it completly don't work for me ... I Can connect to my server but it don't show any information...I can only send Server info to people who's playin...
Maybe i got bad BEserver.dll or something ?
Can anybody help ? :)

BTW : Version 1.0.1 Shows information how many players is playin and their ping... but it say that they are all the time initializing and there's no flags or GUID :/

Edited by Smok4v

Only slight inconvenience i have noticed recently is that every now an then when the server has a high amount of players on (40+) that when DaRT refreshes the players list will go completely blank and it will show players: 0 until the next DaRT refresh. Happens occasionally, haven't taken much time looking into the details of this but mainly the issue occurs when the player count is high. 

@DomiStyle if you need any help with live testing DaRT i am more than happy to offer our server for the job, we are currently getting 40-45 players during peak hours.

Hey Domi,

just popped by to say thank you for your great efforts in making this application, it is dutifully used by myself and co-admins. Will be making a donation shortly. ;)

Cheers,

Sinnaman

Hello! I have been using this RCON Tool for about two weeks now and it has been working flawlessly. Although I don't loads any bans from ban.txt file in to this tool, I use the server side for that.

One thing that I would like to see is an timer on how long time has passed since server started and what time is still remaining before server restarts. Some sort of timer setup you could use input data from server files to log, read and compute from? If possible off course. I am not quite sure if any files or readouts can be taken out from server files anyway.

Thank you for a great little app that works great for my purposes, great for getting the GUID's from your friends to add to the white list file also. (Many don't have a clue how to do that manually hehe)

Anyone can tell me actually how to use this?

I downloaded this, got it on my desktop, tried to connect to my server and it always crashes.

I have NO IDEA how to use it, zero experience with these things. Just want a way to ban people from my server.

Edit: Nvm, downloaded it again and have been able to log. Probably the first download was corrupted or something.

Great tool, dude!

Edited by Violence

Hi there,

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for making such a wonderful/easy to use tool.

Secondly, Just wondering if DaRT would be updated in anyway to include the new logs from DayZ SA?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just wondering if DaRT would be updated in anyway to include the new logs from DayZ SA?

Damn fine question. Yet to find the way this has been implemented and/or can be accessed. 

Hi there,

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for making such a wonderful/easy to use tool.

Secondly, Just wondering if DaRT would be updated in anyway to include the new logs from DayZ SA?

Thanks.

Damn fine question. Yet to find the way this has been implemented and/or can be accessed. 

You guys got any more infos about the DayZ SA logs?

Would love to update DaRT to work with the DayZ SA but it seems server administration is not a high priority for the dev team. ;)

• Like 2

Figured it out, definitely would love a DaRT update/implementation. Also different color text for different log info would be a huge help. Ex. Blue login and logout. Green disconnected/dropped. Yellow for kills and red for errors. Maybe just for the timestamps.

• Like 1

Seems the chat, connect/disconnects show in the Console, Chat tabs but the kills/deaths do not. The color text mentioned above would be awesome too.

You guys got any more infos about the DayZ SA logs?

Would love to update DaRT to work with the DayZ SA but it seems server administration is not a high priority for the dev team. ;)

Understand, what would you need from us to push this further? From what I can gather it just streams the same as the player connect/disconnect/chat does from the server. But I have very limited knowledge on the subject, but any help I can be in pushing this forward I'll do my best.

Again, great tool, really makes server admin roles THAT MUCH easier, thanks.

• Like 1

Like wise from me. Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate.

One quick question off topic of kill logs - is there any way to implement Admin Global Messages to show up as White text in game like Direct Chat and Global messages do if an admin was on the server and logged in???

It gets so frustrating messaging players to say something important, to have them simply shrug it off as a normal server message because it shows as Red text in game.

Just curious.

Regards

I personally would recommend holding off of any big new feature additions and would focus on any possible stability/ functionality improvements for DaRT.

There were many things that were fixed in DaRT 2.0 but i still witness bugs/ crashes / connection losts even with DaRT 2.0 especially when we have a high player count online.

Just saying i think it would be better to perfect all the current features prior to adding any new ones ;)

Some issues we experience running DaRT 2.0 for an A2:OA DayZMod server: 

- Frequent random player request time outs/connection lost - http://i.imgur.com/pPBj4BS.png (all admins reporting this happens from time to time, server still is online and responds 'normally' to other things, mainly happens during high player count and usually reconnects instantly next auto refresh - still very frustrating. I have been using default player / ban ticks as i didn't want to edit this yet)

- Player list shows up as empty and with 0 players online - Also happens randomly, upon a refresh the player list will show up as empty and the player count as 0, the list usually comes back fine during next auto or manual refresh. (possibly related to first problem?)

- Execute > Reload Scripts not functional -  I used to be able to edit BE filters and then reload scripts making the changes take effect immediately, now no matter how many times i select reload scripts my changes will not take effect until the server is restarted again.

- Occasionally chat gets logged twice in DaRT, sometimes it will only 'double log' one or two lines and other times it will do it for an extended period of time until a DaRT restart.

http://i.imgur.com/IW4OuOD.png (Ingame)

http://i.imgur.com/Nwbyivw.png (DaRT)

- Replace 'Allow new messages' with 'Auto Scroll' again (or add both options?) - i preferred the auto scroll option as you would still receive new messages and could manually scroll through them as you wished.

- Allow banning of IP from player database - isn't this easily possible as the ban format is the same as with a GUID, and DaRT would have their IP logged anyways? Would definitely be much easier than manually adding IP bans for offline/ logged players.

- Add 'Both' or 'IP and GUID' under Ban Type when banning players so that both GUID and IP get banned (http://i.imgur.com/5zjtVUa.png), currently you can only choose between the two which is very inconvenient if you have to then manually add an IP ban in addition.

- Sorting player database / ban lists - This is a disabled feature i would really like to see implemented in a version of DaRT

Can't really think of anything else but any general stability/ bug fixes you can think of would be much appreciated by myself and i'm sure many other admins also. :D

If you require a live server to test DaRT on hit me up i'd be happy to allow this.

Edited by Markokil321

@DomiStyle ever since i started my PC this morning DaRT keeps crashing for me when i run the .exe, the tool doesn't even start properly i just get this report: 

---------- Info ----------DaRT v2Time of crash: 3/4/2015 4:44:43 PMTotal used memory: 19 MB / 11111 MBThreads: 9---------- Error ----------Configuration system failed to initialize---------- StackTrace ----------   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_UpgradeConfig()   at DaRT.GUImain..ctor(String version)   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

DaRT was working fine last night for me and i have not changed anything recently that could prevent the tool from starting, any ideas?

EDIT: I restarted my PC which still has not resolved the issue (same message)  - DaRT seems to still be working fine for a friend of mine.

EDIT 2: The issue was fixed by me renaming the folder DaRT was in from 'DaRT' to something else. IE: DaRT\DaRT.exe = crash but if you were to rename that folder to anything else the tool loads up fine IE. yoloswag\DaRT.exe = fine, very strange...

Edited by Markokil321

---------- Info ----------DaRT v2Time of crash: 3/12/2015 10:25:56 AMTotal used memory: 20 MB / 11516 MBThreads: 9---------- Error ----------Configuration system failed to initialize---------- StackTrace ----------   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_UpgradeConfig()   at DaRT.GUImain..ctor(String version)   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

Getting this crash again after installing windows updates last night, tool was working fine prior to this.. Dragged DaRT into a differently named folder and was greeted with "this appears to be first time using DaRT, we've found an existing database..." and it works again after that.

Edited by Markokil321

Hello,

First of all thank you for this wonderful software. I am a director of SA 2 DayZ server and it makes my job easier. I have a question, is it possible to merge two different databse? This will permit this and share them between admnistrateur of different server.

thank you in advance

Figured it out, definitely would love a DaRT update/implementation. Also different color text for different log info would be a huge help. Ex. Blue login and logout. Green disconnected/dropped. Yellow for kills and red for errors. Maybe just for the timestamps.

Seems the chat, connect/disconnects show in the Console, Chat tabs but the kills/deaths do not. The color text mentioned above would be awesome too.

Will try to get some additional colors in there for the next version.

Understand, what would you need from us to push this further? From what I can gather it just streams the same as the player connect/disconnect/chat does from the server. But I have very limited knowledge on the subject, but any help I can be in pushing this forward I'll do my best.

Again, great tool, really makes server admin roles THAT MUCH easier, thanks.

Like wise from me. Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate.

One quick question off topic of kill logs - is there any way to implement Admin Global Messages to show up as White text in game like Direct Chat and Global messages do if an admin was on the server and logged in???

It gets so frustrating messaging players to say something important, to have them simply shrug it off as a normal server message because it shows as Red text in game.

Just curious.

Regards

It probably won't happen until there are server files available for DayZ standalone so I can take a look at it myself, sorry for that.

I personally would recommend holding off of any big new feature additions and would focus on any possible stability/ functionality improvements for DaRT.

There were many things that were fixed in DaRT 2.0 but i still witness bugs/ crashes / connection losts even with DaRT 2.0 especially when we have a high player count online.

Just saying i think it would be better to perfect all the current features prior to adding any new ones ;)

Some issues we experience running DaRT 2.0 for an A2:OA DayZMod server: 

- Frequent random player request time outs/connection lost - http://i.imgur.com/pPBj4BS.png (all admins reporting this happens from time to time, server still is online and responds 'normally' to other things, mainly happens during high player count and usually reconnects instantly next auto refresh - still very frustrating. I have been using default player / ban ticks as i didn't want to edit this yet)

- Player list shows up as empty and with 0 players online - Also happens randomly, upon a refresh the player list will show up as empty and the player count as 0, the list usually comes back fine during next auto or manual refresh. (possibly related to first problem?)

- Execute > Reload Scripts not functional -  I used to be able to edit BE filters and then reload scripts making the changes take effect immediately, now no matter how many times i select reload scripts my changes will not take effect until the server is restarted again.

- Occasionally chat gets logged twice in DaRT, sometimes it will only 'double log' one or two lines and other times it will do it for an extended period of time until a DaRT restart.

http://i.imgur.com/IW4OuOD.png (Ingame)

http://i.imgur.com/Nwbyivw.png (DaRT)

- Replace 'Allow new messages' with 'Auto Scroll' again (or add both options?) - i preferred the auto scroll option as you would still receive new messages and could manually scroll through them as you wished.

- Allow banning of IP from player database - isn't this easily possible as the ban format is the same as with a GUID, and DaRT would have their IP logged anyways? Would definitely be much easier than manually adding IP bans for offline/ logged players.

- Add 'Both' or 'IP and GUID' under Ban Type when banning players so that both GUID and IP get banned (http://i.imgur.com/5zjtVUa.png), currently you can only choose between the two which is very inconvenient if you have to then manually add an IP ban in addition.

- Sorting player database / ban lists - This is a disabled feature i would really like to see implemented in a version of DaRT

Can't really think of anything else but any general stability/ bug fixes you can think of would be much appreciated by myself and i'm sure many other admins also. :D

If you require a live server to test DaRT on hit me up i'd be happy to allow this.

Thanks for the summary.

To answer some of this:

• High server load causes Arma servers to not respond to certain RCon commands. There is not much i can do about that but I am still looking for a way to solve this.
  • Indeed related to the first issue. Failing to aquire a player/ban list will cause DaRT to blankall of it so it does not display any outdated data.
  • Did you try to reload events? Documentation on this commands is spare.
  • I am aware of this issue, looking into fixing it.
  • Forms/C# has some serious issues with locking a scrollbar. Which is exactly the reason I decided to manually handle it by not adding anything to it until you are finished. Doing it the official way sometimes caused very jumpy behaviour which I disliked more than the current solution.
  • Already in the new version
  • Already in the new version
  • Looking into it.

@DomiStyle ever since i started my PC this morning DaRT keeps crashing for me when i run the .exe, the tool doesn't even start properly i just get this report: 

---------- Info ----------DaRT v2Time of crash: 3/4/2015 4:44:43 PMTotal used memory: 19 MB / 11111 MBThreads: 9---------- Error ----------Configuration system failed to initialize---------- StackTrace ----------   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_UpgradeConfig()   at DaRT.GUImain..ctor(String version)   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

DaRT was working fine last night for me and i have not changed anything recently that could prevent the tool from starting, any ideas?

EDIT: I restarted my PC which still has not resolved the issue (same message)  - DaRT seems to still be working fine for a friend of mine.

EDIT 2: The issue was fixed by me renaming the folder DaRT was in from 'DaRT' to something else. IE: DaRT\DaRT.exe = crash but if you were to rename that folder to anything else the tool loads up fine IE. yoloswag\DaRT.exe = fine, very strange...

Try to navigate to %localappdata% and delete a folder called DomiStyle.

It should resolve the issues you mentioned. Sorry for the trouble.

Hello,

First of all thank you for this wonderful software. I am a director of SA 2 DayZ server and it makes my job easier. I have a question, is it possible to merge two different databse? This will permit this and share them between admnistrateur of different server.

thank you in advance

Certainly. DaRT uses the common SQLite format. Any well-made SQLite editor will be able to merge the 2 databases for you.

They are located in DaRT/data/db/dart.db (ignore any other database files).

You can simply do a export on the first one and an import on the second database.

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 1

Awesome DomiStyle, and yeah deleting the %localappdata%\DomiStyle folder fixed the problem, thanks.

Will be looking forward to any new versions of DaRT. :)

Edited by Markokil321

Hello DomiStyle.

I have a problem and i hope i will find some help here. Since a few weeks i am using DaRT tool to manage my DayZ SA servers. For any reason the DaRT tool will not showing me any bans. Normaly i just manage my banns via my ban.txt in my ACP ( my servers hosted at Vilayer). So i am just using players steam ID´s to bann Hackers or Cheaters.

A few days ago i made a mistake banning a wrong player via DaRT. He ofc is not listed in my ban.txt at Vilayer´s ACP. I tried to check his bann but i cant unban him becuase as i said no bans showing up in my DaRT tool.

Any idea how i can unban him (i already wrote a ticket to Vilayer ofc) or better how to get my DaRT tool working correct (showing bans)?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards .. ... 

*DayZ4All

Been using DarT for a long time now and its a great tool.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to skin it?  It is this bright white that tends to hurt my eyes.   Would be great,  thx