domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Hello, here is a feedback,

I really do LIKE your rcon tool, in my opinion it is very complete, has all features you need. Love especially the flag feature.

However, I think the chat is not very UI friendly. We administrate servers with 40~50 players on peaks and EPM rcon tool is much more easier to monitor chats due to its colors/chat.

If could, in further release, inspirate yoursel from it, or make the chat more readable well it will be by far the best tool around, regards!

DomiStyle, on 22 Sept 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

Yes, the database format was changed in v2.

However, if you copy v2 over v1 it will convert your database to the new format by itself.

A backup of your old databases will be kept incase something goes wrong.

Can you explain more in detail how to convert v1 database to v2 database format?

Normaly I can just copy/paste the players (Data base file) from the old version to the new and it loads in my old file just fine. However with this new version that does not work and when you have over 10,000 players in your database that's a lot to lose.

Funny thing is the new version does not have a players (Data base file) or comments file located in the data\db folder. Is this now pushed into one file named "dart" now?

Edited by SyCo

Hi, firstly thanks for a great tool! However, I could do with a couple more things if I'm to switch off other Rcon programs and just use Dart v2...

1. Can the console.log append every time you open Dart rather than truncating and starting again?
  2. Not sure if it's just me but, the timestamp in console.log worked to start with but now doesn't. I have tried switching off an on in settings and relaunching but the timestamp now seems to have gone forever....
  3. Is there any chance we can pick what colour the global say uses? The red often can be ignored by players as they are used to it normally being BE info about kicks for seagull, anti-hack ram check file not running, combat logging etc...
  4. Can you add scheduled messaging? Not sure if you wanted to go in this direction but, we like to put up some scheduled messages for things like an admin event happening in a few days etc. without having to change the BEC scheduler.xml file each time...

I'm currently using Gotcha for points 1 and 4 and would really like to decommission it as it's unsupported now and use Dart instead... :)

Thanks

EDIT: I would also like to know how many instances of Dart could/should be connected to a single server at any given time and what sort of lag problems there are, if any, in having multiple instances connected. Does anyone else have all their admins using Dart?

Never been an admin or anything on a Arma 2 server and a server owner is going to give me admin for me to experience it, so I was wondering is there any videos on how to use this I know he will show me but I would like to see someone using it so I have a better idea?

Thank you.

There are none by me but maybe you can find some via YouTube by searching for "dart rcon".

Doesn't show players when connected.

I do have players because BEC says i do and there chattingattachicon.gifdart.png

Hard to tell without further information, does it work by now or do you still have this problem?

Hi, firstly thanks for a great tool! However, I could do with a couple more things if I'm to switch off other Rcon programs and just use Dart v2...

1. Can the console.log append every time you open Dart rather than truncating and starting again?
  2. Not sure if it's just me but, the timestamp in console.log worked to start with but now doesn't. I have tried switching off an on in settings and relaunching but the timestamp now seems to have gone forever....
  3. Is there any chance we can pick what colour the global say uses? The red often can be ignored by players as they are used to it normally being BE info about kicks for seagull, anti-hack ram check file not running, combat logging etc...
  4. Can you add scheduled messaging? Not sure if you wanted to go in this direction but, we like to put up some scheduled messages for things like an admin event happening in a few days etc. without having to change the BEC scheduler.xml file each time...

I'm currently using Gotcha for points 1 and 4 and would really like to decommission it as it's unsupported now and use Dart instead... :)

Thanks

1) There will be an option in the next version which should be out by next week.

2) I will take a look at it

3) You mean ingame? Sadly this can't be changed via RCon. You could try to use caps on your name though, maybe it can get the attention of the players. For example: [REDBARON] Message here

4) I added a console-only mode to DaRT a long time ago which had features like these. I have left it in untested since then. I will take a look at it though.

I'm having an issue with 2.0 where I ban people across my 5 servers, but the bans never show the GUID/IP (regardless of online status) and when I reload the bans - even though it says it succeeded, about 50% of the time the bans do not stick.  

My routine has become: 

1. Disconnect/Connect to the server

2.  Manually add multiple bans

3.  Reload bans

4.  Disconnect/connect to the server

5.  Check to see if the ban happened.

6.  If no, rinse and repeat.  

Any chance you could have a look at that?  As Dante said above, we would love to talk to you.  We are admins on a very active Arma 3 based community and would love to talk to you about features etc.  

We love DaRT, and want to help you make it better.  

That's strange, do you have alot of traffic going over RCon? (Log files, chat, ...)

There currently is no check in place which would make sure the user has been banned, DaRT and RCon in general assumes a somewhat stable connection between you and the server.

Hey everyone! Didn't know if anyone found a fix for this, but IP's do not show up in the ban list if you're using the Ban Relay System. Any fixes or thoughts? Thanks!

I will take a look at it. Does it work without BRS?

after i download the v2..

I restored the database,but i dont see any of the old players who joined the server..

What shall i do??

Would you mind to send me your player database? (can be found in /data/db/players.db or /data/db/players_old.db)

Hello, here is a feedback,

I really do LIKE your rcon tool, in my opinion it is very complete, has all features you need. Love especially the flag feature.

However, I think the chat is not very UI friendly. We administrate servers with 40~50 players on peaks and EPM rcon tool is much more easier to monitor chats due to its colors/chat.

If could, in further release, inspirate yoursel from it, or make the chat more readable well it will be by far the best tool around, regards!

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean the colors being on the foreground instead of the background like on EPM? Or just the chosen colors in general?

Can you explain more in detail how to convert v1 database to v2 database format?

Normaly I can just copy/paste the players (Data base file) from the old version to the new and it loads in my old file just fine. However with this new version that does not work and when you have over 10,000 players in your database that's a lot to lose.

Funny thing is the new version does not have a players (Data base file) or comments file located in the data\db folder. Is this now pushed into one file named "dart" now?

The new version merges all the data into dart.db, would you mind sending me your players.db or players_old.db so I can take a look at it?

EDIT: I would also like to know how many instances of Dart could/should be connected to a single server at any given time and what sort of lag problems there are, if any, in having multiple instances connected. Does anyone else have all their admins using Dart?

Depending on the amount of traffic that goes over RCon (server logs, chat, ...) you can have more or less admins online.

I didn't do any real testing on that but I know of servers that have many admins online at once.

If you do not send any logs via RCon you should be fine though.

1) There will be an option in the next version which should be out by next week.

2) I will take a look at it

3) You mean ingame? Sadly this can't be changed via RCon. You could try to use caps on your name though, maybe it can get the attention of the players. For example: [REDBARON] Message here

4) I added a console-only mode to DaRT a long time ago which had features like these. I have left it in untested since then. I will take a look at it though.

Depending on the amount of traffic that goes over RCon (server logs, chat, ...) you can have more or less admins online.

I didn't do any real testing on that but I know of servers that have many admins online at once.

If you do not send any logs via RCon you should be fine though.

Hi Domi, thanks for getting back. On point 3, I will definitely try that, good idea, I hadn't thought of just changing up caps on my name and had been upping the case on the whole sentence in the past which looks aggressive.

What I meant in my question though was, is it possible to link it to the in-game global chat colour which is a kind of white/blue/grey colour and is always read by players....?

On the performance question, I think if I understood you correctly, you could have say 4 admins all running Dart with all the 'local' filters switched on so all the chat shows in Dart but, would need to keep all the server filters (the BE logs) switched off and then the function to 'Save a log file' also switched off?

If this is the case, is there any way to make the settings dialogue window ask for an admin password? Also, could perm ban require the admin password as well? 

Where I'm going with this, some of my admins have asked to use Dart so they can monitor chat, questions, admin calls etc remotely while at work etc. but, I wouldn't want them to be able to switch all the server BE logs on and the chat save to log (if that can lag). Also, I'm the only person who can perm ban on my server and I would like to keep it that way...

What do you think? Is this asking too much? I don't mind if it is as I would just keep dart to myself but, would still need the append to log and timestamp to work before I could finally switch off old Gotcha :D

And maybe one more thing...sorry! Currently the player DB only keeps the last IP of players. I have witnessed with some hackers that they will rarely use a number of IP's. Currently, Gotcha also adds the IP to the log file with the arma key in the player connect entry. This way, when banning a hacker by IP, I can search the log against their key and ban them by all their IP's (manual entry to the bans.txt file). Is there anyway the IP could also be added to the log file when the player connected entry is added?

Thanks for your time looking into this. :)

I am currently having an issue that when our server reaches high pop (30+) people, Execute\Reload Scripts doesn't always work.

I edited a certain restriction in the .txt file cause a player was having a problem, then i saved the file.

Then went over to DaRT to reload the scripts. Reloaded several times and the player still kept getting kicked for the same restriction. Problem was resolved when the server restarted.

:huh:  

Edited by Markokil321

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean the colors being on the foreground instead of the background like on EPM? Or just the chosen colors in general?

Yes, we think, when the chat is kinda flooded that having the color in the background are better than the font. I was not refering about the color choice.

I took two screenshots as example

Dart:

[HIDE]http://i.imgur.com/zkBLmRl.jpg?1[/HIDE]

EPM

[HIDE]http://i.imgur.com/riopljm.jpg?1[/HIDE]

I will take a look at it. Does it work without BRS?

IP's are shown in the ban list perfectly without BRS.

Hi there,

I was just wondering why I can no longer see any bans for the server I administrate; I've had this issue with v1 and now it's on v2 too!

Please optimize Dart 2.0 for change window size high value.

German language i miss, maby you can integrate it?

Edited by hopsi66

Is there a way to make the bans list load consistently in Dart?  I am unable to get the bans list to load most of the time with Dart, but with BattleWarden it tends to always load.  Perhaps there is some error checking or something you could turn on.  

I prefer Dart to BW for a multitude of reasons, but I am unable to remove bans with Dart since it almost never loads that list properly.  

I just received this crash error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at DaRT.GUIcrash.submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DaRT
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/DaRT/DaRT.exe
BattleNET
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/DaRT/data/lib/BattleNET.DLL
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Mono.Data.Sqlite
    Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/DaRT/data/lib/Mono.Data.Sqlite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi DomiStyle,

just a few suggestions:

-a function to show cross references between GUIDs, nicknames and IPs would be awesome. For example a coloured highlight on the player in the list for each kind of cross reference with details shown up by clicking the highlight. Or maybe an own gap. Don't know, maybe others got better ideas?

-a function to scroll through last used command lines by pressing up or down arrow

-ability to set custom highlight filters

-database entries for legacy and owner GUIDs (maybe with cross reference function, too?)

That's just my first impression. But anyways, great job and thank you very much!

Kind Regards

WonG.

*Edit*:

Some shortcuts could be a huge improvement, too. For example to copy the GUID of a marked player and so on.

*Edit 2*:

Maybe a virtual timeline for the players list. Just to illustrate at which time which players were online. Or for example to show up all players, which have been online in a specific period of time.

Edited by WonG.

Hey guys.

We're running an Arma 3 Server and some guys of us having some issues with Dart.

The problem is, if I connect to Dart everything is loading except the banlist. Two of us having the same issue and for the others everything's working fine - banlist is loading.

i tried different ways to figure out, what's the problem:

- Disable Firewall

- Add exceptions with Firewall enabled

- running BRS ( With BRS enabled the banlist was not loading for the other's, too. )

- Copy / Paste Dart files from an admin where Dart is working fine

- I also tried to use an older version but still the banlist won't load

- Trying other tools like EPM, BEC and Battlewarden

The Message ist everytime the same: "There already is a pending ban list request, please wait for it to finish!"

Changing the ban request ticks value to 1 gives me the message "Ban request timed out!" and to the other direction it has no effect.

Can anyone tell me why it is not working?

And more interesting why it is working for some guys and for some guys not?

• Like 1

^ Same problem as paLka here. I really need to get this sorted. Would appericiate a reply asap

I just received this crash error.

Oops, my fault. Thank you for reporting it. :)

Hey guys.

We're running an Arma 3 Server and some guys of us having some issues with Dart.

The problem is, if I connect to Dart everything is loading except the banlist. Two of us having the same issue and for the others everything's working fine - banlist is loading.

i tried different ways to figure out, what's the problem:

- Disable Firewall

- Add exceptions with Firewall enabled

- running BRS ( With BRS enabled the banlist was not loading for the other's, too. )

- Copy / Paste Dart files from an admin where Dart is working fine

- I also tried to use an older version but still the banlist won't load

- Trying other tools like EPM, BEC and Battlewarden

The Message ist everytime the same: "There already is a pending ban list request, please wait for it to finish!"

Changing the ban request ticks value to 1 gives me the message "Ban request timed out!" and to the other direction it has no effect.

Can anyone tell me why it is not working?

And more interesting why it is working for some guys and for some guys not?

^ Same problem as paLka here. I really need to get this sorted. Would appericiate a reply asap

Would you guys mind testing it with the official BattlEye BERCon client?

It can be downloaded here: http://www.battleye.com/downloads/BERCon.exe

Edited by DomiStyle

Hello DomiStyle and thanks for your respond,

I tried BERcon now and the result is the same. Actually not really the same - if I try to load the bans with "loadBans" then nothing is going to happen and if I try to show the list with the command "bans" the server is not longer responding and I get disconnected.

I have a picture for you to show what happened:

BERcon.png?_subject_uid=4963959&w=AAAWoE

I started this program once as normal user and once with admin rights. Same picture.

I am desperate! :/

Hello DomiStyle and thanks for your respond,

I tried BERcon now and the result is the same. Actually not really the same - if I try to load the bans with "loadBans" then nothing is going to happen and if I try to show the list with the command "bans" the server is not longer responding and I get disconnected.

I have a picture for you to show what happened:

BERcon.png?_subject_uid=4963959&w=AAAWoE

I started this program once as normal user and once with admin rights. Same picture.

I am desperate! :/

Is the player list loading properly?

If yes, would you mind trying to clear your ban list and try refreshing a blank one?

Is the player list loading properly?

If yes, would you mind trying to clear your ban list and try refreshing a blank one?

The player list is loading fine like the database, it's just about the ban list.

I will give it a try. We have about thousand bans in the ban list and we don't want to remove them just like that.

Is there a way to save the old bans anywhere else but they left still active and we can work with a clear ban list? ( Just in case this works with a clear ban list, can't try it out now. I have no root acces and need to wait for one who have )

Edited by paLka

Okay it is not working.

We have used an empty ban list but still I get the message "There already is a pending ban list request, please wait for it to finish!".

I baned myself to check if this is happening when the ban list is empty but it also doesn't work.

Do you have another idea? :/

Okay it is not working.

We have used an empty ban list but still I get the message "There already is a pending ban list request, please wait for it to finish!".

I baned myself to check if this is happening when the ban list is empty but it also doesn't work.

Do you have another idea? :/

You could try getting in touch with @AMD-FX.

Maybe you can compare your servers in order to find overlapping details (hardware, connection, firewall, software used, ...).

Not really sure what else could be the problem when the player list is working but ban list is not.

You did reload the ban list or restart the server after trying with an empty one though, right?

Is there a way to talk to you both about teamspeak or something, that would make it easier. I need to get it work :/

After finding a solution then we could post it here for the others with the same issue?

Edited by paLka

Ok well I'll try to explain what the hell I did to get it worked :D

I was completely frustrated and wanted to check out if Dart works on the notebook from my girlfriend.

I closed Dart with the box checked "Use Dart Ban Relay Server" in the settings.

Downloaded and opened Dart on the notebook and the ban list loaded without any issues.

I was more confused then before, so I decided again to give it a try on my computer.

I opened it and tried to load the ban list - it doesn't work. I started to compare the settings on both computers and changed every setting on my computer so it's exactly the same like on the notebook.

Meanwhile I was changing the settings I must have got this message: "This server is not running BRS or the server configuration is faulty!"

I unchecked the settings for BRS and clicked on apply.

After refreshing the ban list again, the ban list loaded.

I dont really know why, this is a way from how I left Dart on my computer to how I changed the settings to the same like on the notebook.

Stupid instructions but hope dies last! Maybe this is working for some guys too. GOOD LUCK!

And thank you DomiStyle for the time you invested in to help us out! I am sure there is an other way to get it running, but this is how it solved it for me ;)

Well that didnt work for me hehe :P,  I actually got the banlist to show with the BERcon. But dart is still bugging  out.  Ive tried everything tbh, and have noe ideas left