domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

DaRT v2.0 is now out, you can grab it here.

Changelog is in the first post.

edit: On a side note, this thread should probably be moved. :)

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 2

Thank the lord :D

Thanks man :<

@DomiStyle Thanks alot for this release, been using the new DaRT and have to say it's been working great. I have just one small suggestion: In the previous versions when banning players you were able to select "Ban GUID" and "Ban IP". If you had both boxes ticked the player would be IP & GUID banned obviously.

In this new version there is only the option to select ban type "IP" or "GUID". While this is very useful i strongly recommend adding an option to select ban type "IP AND GUID". When you get cheaters you want to ban them in both ways as fast as possible, without manually having to add the IP or GUID to bans.txt.

Other than that, thanks again for the release :D 

Hey,

at firt thx for this great new Update! But I have a problem: On my Laptop it only shows the chat, log in-messages..., but I don't have a playerlist. On my PC it works great! What can I do?

Jonas | Blooddog

German

@DomiStyle Thanks alot for this release, been using the new DaRT and have to say it's been working great. I have just one small suggestion: In the previous versions when banning players you were able to select "Ban GUID" and "Ban IP". If you had both boxes ticked the player would be IP & GUID banned obviously.

In this new version there is only the option to select ban type "IP" or "GUID". While this is very useful i strongly recommend adding an option to select ban type "IP AND GUID". When you get cheaters you want to ban them in both ways as fast as possible, without manually having to add the IP or GUID to bans.txt.

Other than that, thanks again for the release :D

Already done for the next version.

Hey,

at firt thx for this great new Update! But I have a problem: On my Laptop it only shows the chat, log in-messages..., but I don't have a playerlist. On my PC it works great! What can I do?

Jonas | Blooddog

German

Could you take a screenshot?

Nice to see you back and working on your rcon :)

I have to say thank you for the mention in the settings page :P

Nice to see you back and working on your rcon :)

I have to say thank you for the mention in the settings page :P

No problem, thought it was worth mentioning that there are alternatives. ;)

Edited by DomiStyle

Already done for the next version.

Will it be possible to ban both GUID's and IP's from your database?

I currently only have the option to ban GUID's of players that are in my database.

ygb7dK0.jpg

Will it be possible to ban both GUID's and IP's from your database?

I currently only have the option to ban GUID's of players that are in my database.

ygb7dK0.jpg

Sadly this option is not available via RCon. (Player needs to be online)

You're able to place both IP and GUID bans through your database on EPM. Do it all the time.

6wIpBYs.jpg

Edited by Dantesleepy

Sadly this option is not available via RCon. (Player needs to be online)

You're able to place both IP and GUID bans through your database on EPM. Do it all the time.

6wIpBYs.jpg

Hi,

thank for that great little tool, it helps a lot!

Just one point : can I import my player list from DaRT V1 into DaRT V2? Only the newer player are in the v2 list (it looks that the database files are different).

6wIpBYs.jpg

Seems like you are right, will be in the next version.

Hi,

thank for that great little tool, it helps a lot!

Just one point : can I import my player list from DaRT V1 into DaRT V2? Only the newer player are in the v2 list (it looks that the database files are different)

Yes, the database format was changed in v2.

However, if you copy v2 over v1 it will convert your database to the new format by itself.

A backup of your old databases will be kept incase something goes wrong.

Edited by DomiStyle

Seems like you are right, will be in the next version.

Over at our community we're glad your back at it!

We've been constantly going back and forth between Dart and EPM because each had their own unique features.

Excited to see that we may only just have to use 1 soon.

What Dante said.  I've got a few questions for you that may turn into feature requests.  I wouldn't mind donating for the features if it meant you'd have to spend time working on them as well.  ;)

Domistyle,

Is there anyway our staff could get a hold of you via TS or email? We'd really like to speak to you and give you feedback and suggestions. If so message my inbox on these forums please.

it works now, thanks!

Over at our community we're glad your back at it!

We've been constantly going back and forth between Dart and EPM because each had their own unique features.

Excited to see that we may only just have to use 1 soon.

What Dante said.  I've got a few questions for you that may turn into feature requests.  I wouldn't mind donating for the features if it meant you'd have to spend time working on them as well.   ;)

That's really nice to hear.

There is no need for donating in order to get features, it's 100% optional. ;)

Domistyle,

Is there anyway our staff could get a hold of you via TS or email? We'd really like to speak to you and give you feedback and suggestions. If so message my inbox on these forums please.

I wrote you a private message.

Never been an admin or anything on a Arma 2 server and a server owner is going to give me admin for me to experience it, so I was wondering is there any videos on how to use this I know he will show me but I would like to see someone using it so I have a better idea?

Thank you.

Hi, firstly thanks for a great tool! However, I could do with a couple more things if I'm to switch off other Rcon programs and just use Dart v2...

1. Can the console.log append every time you open Dart rather than truncating and starting again?
  2. Not sure if it's just me but, the timestamp in console.log worked to start with but now doesn't. I have tried switching off an on in settings and relaunching but the timestamp now seems to have gone forever....
  3. Is there any chance we can pick what colour the global say uses? The red often can be ignored by players as they are used to it normally being BE info about kicks for seagull, anti-hack ram check file not running, combat logging etc...
  4. Can you add scheduled messaging? Not sure if you wanted to go in this direction but, we like to put up some scheduled messages for things like an admin event happening in a few days etc. without having to change the BEC scheduler.xml file each time...

I'm currently using Gotcha for points 1 and 4 and would really like to decommission it as it's unsupported now and use Dart instead... :)

Thanks

I'm having an issue with 2.0 where I ban people across my 5 servers, but the bans never show the GUID/IP (regardless of online status) and when I reload the bans - even though it says it succeeded, about 50% of the time the bans do not stick.  

My routine has become: 

1. Disconnect/Connect to the server

2.  Manually add multiple bans

3.  Reload bans

4.  Disconnect/connect to the server

5.  Check to see if the ban happened.

6.  If no, rinse and repeat.  

Any chance you could have a look at that?  As Dante said above, we would love to talk to you.  We are admins on a very active Arma 3 based community and would love to talk to you about features etc.  

We love DaRT, and want to help you make it better.  

Hey everyone! Didn't know if anyone found a fix for this, but IP's do not show up in the ban list if you're using the Ban Relay System. Any fixes or thoughts? Thanks!

after i download the v2..

I restored the database,but i dont see any of the old players who joined the server..

What shall i do??