zq7

'new' bandit skin is terribad..

So the ghillie suit is basically a disguise if you're a murderer...

Back to killing Wookies on sight? Standard operation procedure to me.

Its a bit pointless if the ghillie shuit overwrites it as all the dupers / hackers etc who are most likely to be bandits have an endless supply of ghillie suits.

• Like 2

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to force a certain look on to players..

You force your playstyle on other players too. So why not be on the receiving end for once?? ;)

I like people who want all the benefits but no disadvantages.

• Like 6

The old bandit skin was fine it was not a huge advantage it was more of a reason to be shot on sight and how does a desert skin help you in the forest?

I find the idea of having a forced look pointless and stupid. Allow me to explain.

Let us bring up the old time type of saying "realistically speaking" if a zombie outbreak were to occur I find it highly unlikely that all murderers and "bandits" would don a specific clothing to show they are indeed bad. It pretty much kills the fun of trying to figure out whether or not someone is a bandit or not. Puts you on edge and gets you thrilled.

Second, most people shoot on sight so how does this help??

Third, I believe that the old bandit skin and future skins should be clothing you find throughout the game world just like camos and ghillies to give more variety on what you can wear.

Four, forcing someone to wear something is plain retarded and those of you saying there should be a penalty on being "bad" when their is no structured society that dictates what is bad or good meaning anything goes in this setting of a world.

Some of you may disagree and I would like to know why other than the fact that you want to meet friendlies when that "bandit skinned" guy could just have received the skin because he had to defend himself.

Another note regarding the hero skins,survivor skins, the hell you thinking about putting in "hero" skins?? Hey look I transfused a bunch of my clan members to fool people into getting near me so I kill them. Random people off the coast won't know about a hero when they see them because there are no heroes or evil people out in the world, only people out there with different intentions.

Your idea of good is different from the person next to you, one may believe in helping others and the other may believe killing them is saving them from the zombies. I know what I am saying sounds twisted but try and understand it from that view before shunning my opinion.

Edited by The True Nova

I agree with you, there should be no advantage/disadvantage for being a bandit or a hero, maybe this is the most suitable option:

http://i.imgur.com/naoQA.jpg

naoQA.jpg

Choked on my coffee when I saw that pic, haha. Good stuff...

Everything Rocket does is half-baked so I'm not sure why you're surprised. Just be glad there's a way to tell who's a bandit now.

In this game there is no bandits, only people who think that this game is only about deadmatch. :P

awwww now the bandits are going to get shot. and survivors are going to think twice before being shot. Bandits now cant hide. Just like a survivor cant hide. at least other survivors have a chance to survive properly now

• Like 1

So the ghillie suit is basically a disguise if you're a murderer...

Well to be honest people with ghillies shoot on sight anyway because they want to protect there gear so this wont change much.

I find the idea of having a forced look pointless and stupid. Allow me to explain.

Let us bring up the old time type of saying "realistically speaking" if a zombie outbreak were to occur I find it highly unlikely that all murderers and "bandits" would don a specific clothing to show they are indeed bad. It pretty much kills the fun of trying to figure out whether or not someone is a bandit or not. Puts you on edge and gets you thrilled.

Third, I believe that the old bandit skin and future skins should be clothing you find throughout the game world just like camos and ghillies to give more variety on what you can wear.

Four, forcing someone to wear something is plain retarded and those of you saying there should be a penalty on being "bad" when their is no structured society that dictates what is bad or good meaning anything goes in this setting of a world.

Some of you may disagree and I would like to know why other than the fact that you want to meet friendlies when that "bandit skinned" guy could just have received the skin because he had to defend himself.

Another note regarding the hero skins,survivor skins, the hell you thinking about putting in "hero" skins?? Hey look I transfused a bunch of my clan members to fool people into getting near me so I kill them. Random people off the coast won't know about a hero when they see them because there are no heroes or evil people out in the world, only people out there with different intentions.

Your idea of good is different from the person next to you, one may believe in helping others and the other may believe killing them is saving them from the zombies. I know what I am saying sounds twisted but try and understand it from that view before shunning my opinion.

If anything this skin will add more of that to the game between survivers before people would just shoot on sight because there was no way to tell if they were a bandit or not. Yes this may not be realistic having someone dress differently but its much needed for gameplay reasons.

Edited by Luke688
  • Like 1

I believe the bandit skin is more or less just a place holder anyway, taken from models ARMA and its expansions already have. Eventually I'm sure becoming a bandit will none mean donning a Taliban headdress.

I'd rather see Bandits getting stuck with sunglasses. A little more subtle, and if someone wants to be honest, they can don a pair from the get go, before their humanity drops.

Realistically speaking you would have a face in front of you IRL and a gut feeling you can rely on if someone is pretending or not. The bandit face represents that fact for the time beeing.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

forget the whole in real life thing. for 1 zombies are not real. two, weapons are not found in every building, 3survivors would not be the only humans left alive, soldiers would outlive all because of medical care, training, weapons, numbers, tanks, SOP's, and so much more why soldeirs would stay alive. In real life you can walk and shoot at the same time or run and shoot. there is so much about this game that is not realistic so people need to stop saying you cant be classed as a bandit if you shoot someone because its not realistic. these people who say this are bandits themselves 90% of the time and if they are recognised that means they lose the advantage of looking like everyone else.

I say bring back the days when full bandit costumes were in play

Maybe the idea is that he wants to hide his identity since he's been killing people?

Yes and obviously nothing is better to "hide" your identity than something that clearly identifies oneself as a bandit.

Are you people even thinking this through or are you just raging that someone shot you in cherno?

If you play the game like a moron you deserve to look like a moron. What's the prob?

The "prob" is that the system determining who becomes a bandit and who doesn't is deeply flawed.

I became a Bandit once for surviving 5 attempts on my life in the first 70 minutes of a freshly spawned character. Obviously because I was better/more lucky than my attackers (who funnily enough weren't designated as bandits) and was able to end them, before they could end me I was rewarded with being a bandit.

This is not working as intended and if it is - its stupid.

You people might rejoice at first, but this will in no way at all affect the Cherno whores and stop them from sniping you. it will just ensure that people that aren't bandits by community definition will become rewarded for fighting off a few attackers with DayZ's own official KOS-Tag.

This needs to be adressed before there are any stupid, immersion breaking magical indicators whatsoever.

Edited by Golgo82
  • Like 1

post a picture of the damned scarf or turban or whatever i have no idea what the hell you are talking about

The "prob" is that the system determining who becomes a bandit and who doesn't is deeply flawed.

I became a Bandit once for surviving 5 attempts on my life in the first 70 minutes of a freshly spawned character. Obviously because I was better/more lucky than my attackers (who funnily enough weren't designated as bandits) and was able to end them, before they could end me I was rewarded with being a bandit.

This is not working as intended and if it is - its stupid.

You people might rejoice at first, but this will in no way at all affect the Cherno whores and stop them from sniping you. it will just ensure that people that aren't bandits by community definition will become rewarded for fighting off a few attackers with DayZ's own official KOS-Tag.

This needs to be adressed before there are any stupid, immersion breaking magical indicators whatsoever.

1. Complaining about Cherno when repeatedly going back to Cherno to repeatedly get sniped in Cherno. Problem? Yes, you aren't very smart.

2. Killing someone in self defense is morally correct and makes you achieve hero status? Humanity isn't flawed, your morals are.

I can't believe the Cherno sniper phenomena is still being bitched about. You're like a monkey with a loaded gun repeatedly shooting itself in the foot.

Don't want to end up like a dodo? Don't go to Cherno!

inb4 "I never got sniped in Cherno" Your butthurt level claims otherwise.

Edited by GenerationVII

1. Complaining about Cherno when repeatedly going back to Cherno to repeatedly get sniped in Cherno. Problem? Yes, you aren't very smart.

2. Killing someone in self defense is morally correct and makes you achieve hero status? Humanity isn't flawed, your morals are.

I can't believe the Cherno sniper phenomena is still being bitched about. You're like a monkey with a loaded gun repeatedly shooting itself in the foot.

Don't want to end up like a dodo? Don't go to Cherno!

inb4 "I never got sniped in Cherno" Your butthurt level claims otherwise.

Oh looks like I got myself a smart one here..not smart enough to actually understand what I read, but I'm going to humor you anyway.

1. I have never complained about getting shot in Cherno, Sherlock. I am simply stating that this change will not affect Cherno Whoring whatsoever.

2. I'm not quite sure if you are trolling, not able to read and/or understand what I wrote there, but lets try again.

By successfully defending(you know returning fire) your life against Murder-attempts(you know people that shoot you first) from others you will become a bandit, if these attackers aren't flagged as bandits themselves yet.

This can't be too hard to understand, but if it is - you have my condolonces.