zq7

'new' bandit skin is terribad..

Why are you complaining? It makes logic. Bandits are refuges that refuse to follow the rules, hence they are like criminals. They use it, so people can't see their face.

+Survivors now know who a Bandit is

Seriously, stop with the freakin whining, you are ruining the game!!!

theres no rules, and why will i obey your rules, i have the better guns, dont mess with me and follow my law, then you will not die

• Like 1

I don't like bandit skins, since you can't tell who's a murderer in real life just by looking at them, but it's a useful stop gap until there's a better way for players to find and punish murderers in-game. The biggest reason people kill is because there are no real consequences, which is pretty unrealistic.

And in real life there wouldn't be 95% of the survivors as run and gun murders. It would be more like 10%. I think it's a good thing. It adds consequence to being a bandit. People can see that you are and are much more likely to shoot you, while people who aren't bandits are far less likely to get shot at (Except by bandits, of course). It's trying to balance and protect which I think is a good thing, considering this game is basically a giant sandbox arena PvP deathmatch right now.

A balaclava probably fits better in the climate, but a kaffiyeh is something you would find on bandits in the Middle East in real life. One day you would probably get one or the other based on what map you played on. But until then, this one makes sense.

As for people whining about the idea of a mask, it's a lot more realistic than changing your character name and race every time you get caught doing something bad. Hands down, a lot better than the crappy metagaming that plagues DayZ right now.

Edited by BazBake

Holy shit, does the game make you look like a zombie if you have low humanity? That would explain why default bandit skin is a scarf.

That's...kind of awesome. Better once the textures get worked out.

Edited by BazBake

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to force a certain look on to players.. Not only is it less authentic and immersive, but it also significantly decreases the attachment a player can form with the character.

If it is not your player with your personal style and tastes, then it is just a generic avatar which makes you more conscious of the seperation. It doesn't feel like your character at all.. Just a skin you've had forced on to you.

That's why this system is a bad idea in my opinion.

Maybe players don't want to wear a towel on their heads or hide their identity just because they have killed people.. Maybe they were afraid they would be attacked and just see themselves as no different to the survivors, This system will break the immersion for such players who consider themselves as neutral and independent.

Not only that but it could force them to fight players they might not ordinarily have to, as they now have a towel on their head which indicates that it's ok to shoot them on sight, even though that would make them just as guilty as the supposed 'bandit' because they did exactly the same thing as them.. This could increase conflict.. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

But you're trying to force people to play a role that they might not want to play, and you are assuming their intentions behind player killing based on a flawed notion that they obviously would want their faces to be hidden.

Players shouldn't have the games ideals forced on to them, i thought that was exactly the trend this game was meant to buck..

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter.. What it actually looks like is a less important issue in my view

Holy shit, does the game make you look like a zombie if you have low humanity? That would explain why default bandit skin is a scarf.

That's...kind of awesome. Better once the textures get worked out.

No, he chose that skin dude

There are so many suitable skins already in the game that could be used for bandits. For instance there are at least 5 or 6 skins already int the game , such as the Chadaki resistance fighters. Go into the regular game without day Z and use the editor with the independent units and look at the Warlord or Rifleman skin. Just because I chose to take the path of a bandit doesn't mean I should be stuck wearing clothes that make me obvious from across the map.

I'm already wearing a ghillie, if I become a bandit does the "bandit"-skin overwrite it?

edit: PS NEW BANDIT SKIN SUCKS ASS

Edited by Magicool

Just because I chose to take the path of a bandit doesn't mean I should be stuck wearing clothes that make me obvious from across the map.

"Just because I want to loot the supermarket doesn't mean I should get my legs broken by zombies."

What is this, burning man? You make a choice, you face the consequences.

I'm already wearing a ghillie, if I become a bandit does the "bandit"-skin overwrite it?

edit: PS NEW BANDIT SKIN SUCKS ASS

Says the guy who uses an image of one as his forum picture...

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1

Says the guy who uses an image of one as his forum picture...

OMG the KSK uniform in my avatar is camoflaged, I don't have anything aginst bandit skin but you shouldn't look like a freaking lighthouse!

still:I'm already wearing a ghillie, if I become a bandit does the "bandit"-skin overwrite it?

Edited by Magicool
  • Like 1

Consequences are all well and good, i agree that there needs to be consequences. Just not one which is so harsh.

I think people are genuinely underestimating the attachment people form with their characters when they are given the opportunity to personalise it and customise it. You have less incentive to stay alive if you don't bond in any way with the character or pigeon hole you're forced in to.

This actually leads to less consequences to killing people to a certain extent, by making them not give a shit about their 'toon'

You're forcing them to see themselves in a certain way, which might not be concordant with their current mindset or goals. It's immersion breaking and would be a mistake.

am still downloading the new patch, but have will be interested to see if I have the scarf thing on my character,

I dont play as a bandit and have only killed when I have only killed when I have no choice, that being said, if my guy wears the bandit scarf I will be pretty annoyed as that's not my play style, nor do i want to be a bigger target for other players.

OMG the KSK uniform in my avatar is camoflaged, I don't have anything aginst bandit skin but you shouldn't look like a freaking lighthouse!

still:I'm already wearing a ghillie, if I become a bandit does the "bandit"-skin overwrite it?

Nope, ghillies overwrite the bandit/hero skin as far as I know.

Well, with that in mind here is a new suggestion (scratch that blood thing I posted earlier):

Bandanas (http://oscarboots.co...os/bandana2.jpg) as face masks.

Hero = darkish-green bandana, the higher your humanity the greener it gets.

Bandit = reddish bandana, the lower your humanity the redder it gets.

Or w/e color works the best.. they also don't have become super green/red but just enough so it's easy to spot them from a relatively safe distance.

This way, you can still see if the person is a hero or bandit even if they are wearing a camo or ghillie suit.

Edited by zq7
  • Like 1

The getting blood on you idea is pretty good in my opinion, but it should affect everyone equally.

Old Bandit uniform gave them a huge advantage over survivors, awesome camo.. nawww mean?. I think its fine. If you dont like it, find a Ghillie or camo clothes.

Old Bandit uniform gave them a huge advantage over survivors, awesome camo.. nawww mean?. I think its fine. If you dont like it, find a Ghillie or camo clothes.

I agree with you, there should be no advantage/disadvantage for being a bandit or a hero, maybe this is the most suitable option:

http://i.imgur.com/naoQA.jpg

naoQA.jpg

Edited by zq7
  • Like 1

the funny thing is, the bandit skin is crap, the hero looks decent, IMO cool, just that cloth in the head is like nothing new and interesting. Does rocket actually want bandits in his game? It looks like no, but who cares about skin. Survivors,"bandits", ghillies and camos will be KOS, maybe heroes if they find one another.

The failure of this system is the humanity, if a high humanity bandit gets a hero stuff it means he is almost free to KOS, the penalization is big, but by helping out the other members of the group your humanity gets higher(i believe)....

Ohh rocket, i see what you did there, mostly high pvp people or bandit lonewolves will get that skin, nice, maybe in due to that fear can get lower, but this bandit "hero" group will still KOS

Edit: This adds so many more complexity, me like it

Edited by indominator

"The failure of this system is the humanity, if a high humanity bandit gets a hero stuff it means he is almost free to KOS, the penalization is big, but by helping out the other members of the group your humanity gets higher(i believe)...."

Okay, indominator, now you're just making stuff up and that's getting...

Actually, I'm laughing because your breathless panic and bandit tears amuse me.

So far the only way to raise humanity is to wait for it to go back up on its own.

it doesnt mean dick if you have it or not. most of the time the person that killed you wont be seen till its to late or you will never see them at all.