zq7

'new' bandit skin is terribad..

Just look at it:

http://i.imgur.com/qkJXK.jpg

Why would a brutal murderer wrap his head with a towel when he is in a forest most of the time? Does not make any sense at all, his head might as well be attached with a chem light.

My suggestion is that we get this:

http://media.pcgamer...-hall-mocap.jpg

Spandex uniform Rocket style.

Seriously though, there must be something a bit more authentic out there..

Edited by zq7
  • Like 20

I agree lol, I thought it would at least fit with the current basic outfit, why not switch back to the old days and have the full bandit uniform, instead of that lol.

That just looks silly

• Like 2

It's good. Stop complaining. Atleast we now know who is a Bandit

• Like 10

Everything Rocket does is half-baked so I'm not sure why you're surprised. Just be glad there's a way to tell who's a bandit now.

I agree lol, I thought it would at least fit with the current basic outfit, why not switch back to the old days and have the full bandit uniform, instead of that lol.

That just looks silly

Unfair advantage since the bandit skin camo is much better then the survivor skin.

• Like 1

That looks like something that certain fighter's in middle east would wear.

But I still think a player should be able to choose if they want to towel themselves.

Btw, how do you get that? 1st kill? 5th kill? kills/day?

Why would a brutal murderer wrap his head with a towel when he is in a forest most of the time? Does not make any sense at all, his head might as well be attached with a chem light.

Maybe the idea is that he wants to hide his identity since he's been killing people?

• Like 10

i'm really not agenst it, at least we know whos a bandit or not (and mabey i wont be getting my head blown off by a thermal scoped sniper rifle or lee enfiled every time i enter cherno because of the lack of trust)

trust is hard enough to get without that bandit incatior around to show if you really do have a chance to trust them without getting backstabed

Edited by Yukimare

lol. I'm in favor of bandit labels, as I've pointed out several times... and usually when I chime in on suggestions I do so with 8 paragraph essays or whatever...

but for this, 'terribad' is good enough. lol. I like the idea, implementation can use some work however :)

• Like 2

My goodness thats horrid.I post suggestion like...please show us what look your giving bandits and heroes and no response or anyone even agreeing with that.Now wwe have to live with this tacked on turbin head. Where is the artistic freedom a modder has to make a bandit look like a bandit rather than a NYC taxi driver???Will the standalone just be tacked on stuff or will it have an apocalyptic look?

Isn't there a ski mask terrorist head already in A2?

• Like 2

I don't like bandit skins, since you can't tell who's a murderer in real life just by looking at them, but it's a useful stop gap until there's a better way for players to find and punish murderers in-game. The biggest reason people kill is because there are no real consequences, which is pretty unrealistic.

If you play the game like a moron you deserve to look like a moron. What's the prob?

• Like 15

Do we really have to go over the alpha thing again? He is testing the mechanics of it, not the cosmetics. If you like I think there is a game where you can dress up Barbie any way you want.

Maybe the idea is that he wants to hide his identity since he's been killing people?

Nope, I just think that it looks silly and unrealistic, that is all.

Why not just add blood to the old models? That is at least somewhat authentic and would be easy to spot.. granted my photoshops skills are nonexistent but you get the idea

http://i.imgur.com/xgLfU.jpg

Next step is making the females have this skin if they are bandits:

http://www.armaholic...ookers_3321.jpg

I also like wolfstrikeds one a lot better than the current one, armaholic has thousand of custom skins that Rocket could easily get a license to use or get someone to make one just for DayZ..

• Like 1

I agree that the new bandit skin is terrible, simply because it looks ridiculous. The full bandit skin looked awesome!.

• Like 2

Oh my dayz.. such negativity towards suggestions in the suggestion sub forum, people really need to get over themselves ;)

I think it's fine. A murderer often shields his identity. Even though the true bandit lower face cover is better... This is still fitting. This will allow you to blend in better anyways. You think a f**king ball cap provides more than this? Lol...

Sorry, I'm tired of everyone looking the same. I'm going to try my best to get one if I don't already upon logging in (have a few murders.)

Why are you complaining? It makes logic. Bandits are refuges that refuse to follow the rules, hence they are like criminals. They use it, so people can't see their face.

+Survivors now know who a Bandit is

Seriously, stop with the freakin whining, you are ruining the game!!!

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 2

Why are you complaining? It makes logic. Bandits are refuges that refuse to follow the rules, hence they are like criminals. They use it, so people can't see their face.

+Survivors now know who a Bandit it

Seriously, stop with the freakin whining, you are ruining the game!!!