rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

The server I usually play on updated to .2.5 so I diceded to give a try. After installing everything manually from the torrent file and logging into the server I have no more artifacts. Didn't experience the random skin switch either - started at -1humanity survivor skin and now I'm at ~1200humanity survivor skin (about to change for ghillie)

I went from Green Mountain to Stary Sobor and then to NWAF, no artifacts. I used to have probelms with artifacts at same locations, same server and same settings on 1.7.2.4

# Arma 2 beta 95883

# DayZ v1.7.2.5

# Video memory - default

# AA - Normal

# VSync - Disabled

v

No more artifacts... for now.

+1 For graphical glitches

From dead soldiers in Berezinho and North East airfiled

Running newest beta and 1.7.2.5

North east airfiled was tits up almost impossible to do anything

Hi,

still got the artifacts with the new version 1.7.2.5 and the 95883 Beta of OA near balota airfield.

Toggeling VSync on end of fixes the problemfor a few minutes so I can at least play. This Workaround also worked for a friend of mine who also still has the artifacts.

But another "strange" bug hit me yesterday. I was on the same server as my buddy. It was pitch dark for him with the moon up and for me it was before sunset.

Checking the In-Game clock revealed that we didn't had the same time. They were around 2 Hours off. Today I saw that my PCs clock was also far behind. Maybe the Clients time is somehow used in the Game? Not sure.

Greetz

Semidark

If you keep getting artifacts try this, haven't tried this yet.

IF you want to perment FIX the Artifact bug go to your config map arma 2 (Documents) and change the SceneComplexity to =1000 !! and you never get it anymore!!!

Mine was located in

C:\Users\*****\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\MyName (type ARMAOAPROFILE)
Edited by biokemisten

mil tents over in Berezino still give me the crazy screen artifacts but when i change the video memory to default from high it goes away and can play the game like normal i like the speed of the zombies they are no longer track stars and i can ditch them a little better running in the woods some of the complaints that i am hearing are when you are a bandit your skin changes back and forth and you lose your backpack onr of the my clan members had this happen to him 2 times in a row

Edited by Entoc

Im just glad this update is temporary. The hive 0.7.3 entrys have been frozen and you cannot update vehicals or tents. Also, I still cannot see at any military value spawn locations. I know dayz is in alpha but its almost like they are using that as a shield. I wish the devs and/or paid staff would post on the forums more often, just to update/reassure we the survivors. I fear that if this neglect of players wants/needs, we will be survivors of whats left of the Dayz community. I love DayZ, and I consider it a game, not a mod. Most people buy Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA just for DayZ, and Bohemia even knows that. I think that the staff needs to publish a stable version of DayZ, with most major bugs (artefacts) resolved; From there optional beta builds can be published. I know the bugged models can be removed if they can be edited, so it seems like all this "butthurt" about these artefacts is self-inflicted.

Please offer your opinions, but remember I'm not here to hate on DayZ, I'm hear to learn.

~Thoughts

-Perhaps the dev team and most staff are busy talking with Bohemia about the new game?

-Perhaps it could be a issue of time management and work load management, but I'd rather have fixed graphics and savable vehicals instead of bear traps randomly spawning in the forest.

• Like 2

It looks good and very quiet now lots of people cant play. Of course they would be able to if they just disabled AA and set vid memory to default. But of course most wont read or even bother to try this. Those I know with NVidia cards ALL found this fix to work.

Dude you are really getting annoying now with your so called fix.

Many people tried and it DOES NOT fix it for everyone got it?

• Like 1

If you keep getting artifacts try this, haven't tried this yet.

IF you want to perment FIX the Artifact bug go to your config map arma 2 (Documents) and change the SceneComplexity to =1000 !! and you never get it anymore!!!

SceneComplexity simply reduces Object Detail or Terrain Detail (forget which one now) .... the Very Low setting is 10.000 - by setting it to 1.000 you just set Terrain detail or Object detail to Ultra Low.

Now go on a hill about 300 meters away from a town and look towards the town and you'll see some buildings (like malls) start to disappear because they're too complex to render and still be within that small value of 1000. It's not a fix, it makes the game very unplayable .. for example you can't sit on a hill near town and use binoculars to see what's spawn on the floor of a mall because the mall isn't drawn anymore.

Edited by mariush

I am starting to think most server admins arent updating their servers properly. I can log into some servers and have zero glitching at all. But there are quite a few where i get it so bad it is unplayable. The only reason i can see this happening is servers not using all the correct files.

Installed a fresh 1.7.2.5 via the torrent provided here and updated to latest Arma version. Joined a server with both Arma II updated to latest and DayZ and I can confirm artifacts in Stary and NWAF from the military tents/bodies. I did a flush but it did not fix anything, however exactly like 1.7.2 4, if I leave the game entirely, rejoin it's fixed for the meantime.

Just my experience, playing on an i5 2500K, 8GB of RAM, AMD 6870 915MHz clock. Using 12.3 catalyst driver.

• Like 1

Graphical glitches still a big problem for some. NW airfield, Balota, Now new ones in Cherno. There is no consistency that I can tell. It just does it sometimes and not others.

SceneComplexity simply reduces Object Detail or Terrain Detail (forget which one now) .... the Very Low setting is 10.000 - by setting it to 1.000 you just set Terrain detail or Object detail to Ultra Low.

Now go on a hill about 300 meters away from a town and look towards the town and you'll see some buildings (like malls) start to disappear because they're too complex to render and still be within that small value of 1000. It's not a fix, it makes the game very unplayable .. for example you can't sit on a hill near town and use binoculars to see what's spawn on the floor of a mall because the mall isn't drawn anymore.

Okay :(

ok with 1.7.2.5 I am "dying" on logging in and going to debug plains -> sent to coast with no gear almost every time I login now, it happened on occasion in .2.4 but I didn't lose my gear, but with .2.5 I lose EVERYTHING except my ghillie suit and have to make a dash to my last saved position to get my gear back. I could care less if someone killed me and this happened but for it to happen almost every single login because of a bug is annoying and takes any fun out of the game.

So this version is actually released now to players?

Just to confirm because I'm downloading on DayzCommander :P

Could I request that this new update be released on Six Updater, I understand the graphical issue may still be there but I cannot join any of my usual servers that give me a playable FPS as they have updated. I have tryed following the manual instructions but I am having no joy in getting it to work even though I have followed the instructions exactly.

Here is a fix

1. While having graphic issue press escape

2. In Escape menu press options

3. Video options

4. go to advanced

5. Locate to "Video Memory"

6. Switch from what you have it on to something lower or higher

7. ???

8. if it still continues do it again on different settings

This is what happens when you continue to release new versions right before the weekend. People get in, either can't play or have serious issues pop up.. and you piss a ton of people off. Yeah yeah Alpha blah blah. I've seen a lot of working versions come and go. I don't get why that with every patch (even if it seems small), there is some game shattering bug that comes along with it. Anyways, I can't even log into a server. Everything seems slow. I just sit at the loading screen forever. I've tried three of the most recent beta patches too.

Why don't you (rocket)release the beta patch you tested on along with the new version? Instead, you know, of letting us blindly guess and tinker with which one actually works well.

As I have been trying to tell people but they dont listen or read and continue to whinge. SETTING VID MEM TO DEFAULT AND FSAA OFF =NO GLITCHES tried and tested over a week now. Not one single glitch. Will now have to test with AA on to see if artifacting is back. but whatever happens, there is no reason NO REASON AT ALL to set your vid memory to anything but DEFAULT. Don't listen? Don't want to try this fix? Don't whinge. It works.

I'm glad this worked for you and others you know. This does not work for me and others I know.

Several people have reported they have tried those options and it does not resolve the issue for them.

For the gentleman that suggested it would be fine to lock this thread if it weren't for some of the actual needed feedback being given, I say it's fine to lock it anyway. The actual place these issues should be reported is linked in the original post. I think Rocket leaves these threads open so the trolls who have no idea what's going on can feel special.

I still suggest, remove the broken models until further notice (if it's possible and they are not unique to ARMA2 and thus cannot be removed). There are lot of people avoiding military yields because of the problems we have now, thanks!