rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Having some issues with tents/vehicles being rolled back... It seems similar to when the ID's went over 1 million and they stopped syncing. I've tried numerous times changing the items out, saving the tents/vehicles, waiting a long time and saving them.. But EVERY time the server restarts, they get rolled back, regardless of whether or not you save them.

[New] Beartraps are randomly spawned in the forest, to annoy players and whiners!

[New] Random chance of a tank busting through the walls and screaming "Oh yeah!"

[broken] Broken the AS50 because people keep whining about it.

[broken] Broken the thermal for the L85WS.

I <3 this post

You should seriously do random hotfixes like that to mess with people :)

Having some issues with tents/vehicles being rolled back... It seems similar to when the ID's went over 1 million and they stopped syncing. I've tried numerous times changing the items out, saving the tents/vehicles, waiting a long time and saving them.. But EVERY time the server restarts, they get rolled back, regardless of whether or not you save them.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68181-1725-tents-and-vehicle-inventories-not-saving/

Having the same exact problem. Made a post about it right there. Was thinking it was more of an isolated incident seeing as how tent and vehicle inventories not saving no matter what would be more widespread.

Another typical Rocket patch. Nothing has actually been fixed. Graphical glitches still present and ammo count just as buggy as ever. This is like the third fake patch we've gotten in a row.

This is unacceptable I would demand a refund, oh wait we did not have to pay for this! ;)

Ok sorry sarcasm off.. look its still in alpha testing if you do not have the patience to deal with a very buggy mod, you should wait for a later more stable build?

I vote for a complete roll back to 1.7.2.3 since the game is in the worst playable state since I started playing.

• Like 9

My two cents, for what its worth.

I have noticed a few glitches so far, the first and worst by a long way is the 'loading' bug, I have spent the best part of a day looking for servers which aren't keeping me in limbo, and when I manage to find a server that will let me play I log in to be confronted with starting somewhere completely random. The first time this happened I managed to find some half decent gear before being kicked for a high ping (100), pfft seriously.

So on I went in my fantastic journey of finding another server. I found one eventually and used my one AKM clip to polish off a couple of friends who were meeting up at the coast, one had just a hatchet but the other was armed to the teeth with high-end gear, so I walked away with NVG's, rangefinder, and some serious firepower, nice. The next issue I encountered was something completely retarded and may be totally unrelated to the patch, but it happened anyway, and I feel I should report it, I aggro'd a zombie from what must have been 100m whilst crouch running, I can deal with this, I have an M9 SD from my previous firefight and was able to headshot him before he even got close, problem was, another zombie was headed my way (now a good 200-300m away from Kamenka, the nearest settlement), he managed to hit me and knock me to the floor with a single swipe, and as the egg timer dwindled down to nothing, I awoke with 6k blood left on the board, which should easily be enough to stand back up and deal with the one zombie problem, however I couldn't move, I couldn't use my guns, I couldn't stand, I was literally a sitting duck. I had my brains eaten. Fun :)

I did have some luck in respawning at Kamenka, and running for maybe 1 minute to reclaim my gear and log out safely, god knows I needed it. I feel it may be a couple of days before I log back in, so the shitstorm can ride a little. I had originally wanted to log in to report if the dead body glitch had been fixed, as I had logged out at the military camp on the soccer field in Berezino. Unfortunately I didn't get even remotely close to there today.

I know it's probably a pain to fix all the bugs floating around at the moment, and deal with the upcoming standalone, so you have my patience and understanding.

I vote for a complete roll back to 1.7.2.3 since the game is in the worst playable state since I started playing.

Roll back yourself, at least 10% Servers still running 1.7.2.3 ;)

ok i can defenitly confirm dead soldiers causing artifacts. was getting them at airfield then large barn behind airfield followed them to source, they were coming from dead soldiers.

Hi Rocket, the consensus is that the Graphical Artifact issue is not fixed. It also does not seem linked to any specific ARMA 2 Beta Builds. Users are still getting the problem in 1.7.2.5 on builds from 1.62.95248, 1.62.95310, 1.62.95389, 1.62.95417, 1.62.95660, 1.62.95724, 1.62.95777, 1.62.95819, 1.62.95883.

Some even are getting them in Cherno itself.

This info was collected from 40 people whom submitted some details on a quick Google Web Form I stuck up.

Cheers!

• Like 2

I replaced all the files in the DayZ folder with the new ones from the torrent. I can get past the server screen that lists the players, but get a loading message after that. Loading.... but I never get into the game. I've tried several servers.

Graphical issues still present. Same type and appearing from the same objects. Although, they appear to be worse now. I've tried flushing, as well as changing graphical settings. The only thing that worked for me in 1.7.2.4 was actually going in and rolling back certain animation .pbo files to an older patch, I think it was the 1.7.2.3 files. Doing that, it worked. I don't want to try it with the new update as to not screw anything up, but yes... the graphical bugs are still present and worse.

• Like 2

About midday (gmt +2) I managed log in many servers

Now time is 23.00 and I cant log any servers. Loading window just stay forever.

I have

1.7.2.5 and beta 95883 and I try log in servers with same versions.

problems will come & go. they always do , keep up the grate work & stay true to your idea . 45k new players in under a week says more than your just on the right track so dont look back ! as we will be there pushing you forward but only you can chose the direction we push you in .

no names , no groups , no classes stand above the norm .

Feeding ....

- No more ammunition "replenishing" at server restart/reconnect. As said fixed, but damn, I miss this. Was it really needed?

- Player position data now gone off server reports.. fixed as promised, but just in case I'd add an option to turn this on, to analyze logs for hackers and such (same player, too many different position updates).

- Graphics glitch seems not to be fixed, at least not near starey sobor, and seems to be caused by barbed wire. Running on leshcat gfx drivers+radeon 6770M)

- Broken vehicle respawn, my red Lada after a scheduled restart turned into a bicycle.

- Bigger tendency to stuck at "Loading", which resulted directly after the update performed. Such lock-ups always plunge me back to the coast, or to the debug area.

- Duping disabled, this increased difficulty a lot. At least fix those zed respawns; they respawn almost immediately after getting shot.

1.7.2.4 had its bugs, but was better. This version just introduced more (more-or-less announced) headaches, unfortunately.

Edited by climatex

Updated to latest beta ARMA2_OA_Build_95883, grabbed 1.7.2.5. from http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/ .

Joined server, quite fast, saw message that I was killed and I've appeared in debug forest.

Quited and went to another server, spawned on the beach without anything (bye coyote backpack), with 9400 blood (as I have before) and also with kill counter showing some numbers.

Now when I am joining servers, Im often stuck at black screen with "loading" :-(.

Friend did the same installation and he is playing fine and he has reported no glitches in Cherno / Elektro and he was even in Fireguard station which was glitching as **** for us before.

Oh and my other friend is now getting some weird error "cannot open objects dayz\characters\man_survivor.p3d" which we have seen for the first time. Deleting @dayz and updating via SixUpdater then extracting 1.7.2.5. there did not help anyway.

Shot and gutted a boar, it vanished in seconds before I could take the meat.

Stanag ammo was refilled from last session, M9SD ammo was not.

And yeah, the thermal on L85 works just fine.

It's not in six updater, thats why it's experimental, if you don't want to die, don't test experimental patches, but since it's an alpha, you would do better for the game if you die by testing than stay alive by playing it already.

So I updated six updater earlier today. Didnt take long at all. Didnt take long to get into a server. But then i noticed that there is no humanity meter in my debug window. And the six updater screen isnt at 1.7.2.5, it shows 1.7.2.4. So Ive always updated threw six and havent ever had trouble at all. Is there some new step that im missing. So besides a slightly harder time finding a server that works for me im happy with everything. Even got a teleport to balota which was nice when i last logged in. So any help would be great thanks. And Rocket keep up the good work you'll get it all figured out eventually.