rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

So are you just assuming that Thermal is gone based on the joke hidden updates somebody posted on page one or is this legit?

I really don't want my L85 become another "nighttime only" weapon like the godawful NV-FAL

Edit: Nvm, you just assumed it. At least confirm something before raging please...

sr pal i wasnt trying to asuume anything. i was first and foremost defending myself against a little upstart. i was trying to get my point across that nurfing it wasnt a good idea. a scope that has changed even since arma so for new comers to whin and get a change like that was wrong. the game is brutal and all aspects should remain as so including the l85.

Confirming the artifacts/glitches are still there.

On a hill above Novy Sobor, looked with regular zoom (right click) in 3rd person mode towards the warehouse and military tents and artifacts were there. Went to video options and changed memory size from Very High to Default and no more glitches.

Moved a few steps to the right and used binoculars about 3-5 times inspecting the city (mall, houses etc) then moved back to use binoculars on the military tents and artifacts were back. Changed video memory from Default back to Very High and artifacts were gone.

Now I can't be sure if I go all the way down to the tents I will see anything - all I could check so far is artifacts can be made to go away when they pop at a reasonable distance.

Video shows what I mean (once it's uploaded and processed, currently processing) ...

http://youtu.be/ctcm8Wv5A0M

radeon 4850 with 512 mb memory, q6600 4gb ddr2 , dayz 1.7.2.5 from torrent, game on beta 95417 , server on beta 95819

rocket: seriously, isn't it about time to use some sort of SVN or GIT to record your changes to the code and revert back some features if they cause such problems? And what's you testing process, running on the beach shore?

I find it hard to belive you wouldn't notice these just by going through Balota or Novy Sobor... not to mention you can't just read that soldiers and wire are causing glitches and NOT test if other objects or weapons cause those glitches as well...

Edited by mariush
  • Like 4

y didnt my six launcher update it?

it said updating but im still on 1.7.2.4

I have the same problem, I get that rocket wanted to wait ( as in the first post ) But he's obviously released it on six launcher, but it it still states 1.7.2.4?

Edit - hes released something on six though?

Edited by tom_gr7

Hi,

I can't login to the game. Things i have tried.

1. Redownloaded the newest beta and the newest patch.

2. Launched, through steam, dayz commander, six launcher.

3. Tried connecting to .4 servers but said i had .5

4. Tried waiting the load screen out, after 25 minutes no luck,

Any ideas what to try?

Hey i dont know if anyone mentioned before, but at least camo suit is still buggy.

Equiped a camo suit and my alice pack turned into a patrol pack.

y didnt my six launcher update it?

it said updating but im still on 1.7.2.4

Because you didn't bother reading any of the provided notes.

Firstly, I'm not an idiot.

Secondly, I was complaing about the graphical bug in multiple posts in multiple threads. I was also DEFENDING people from the mororns that ran around saying "I have no issues you suck" or "Video memory to default and it will fix it". Those did not resolve the issues for me and many people and I addressed that.

Need I go on?

SO no I was not wandering around in the woods looking at trees.

I went to Green Mountain and NW Airfield. No issues at either place when both were unplayable for me previously.

Previous graphics for me. As you can see I had BAD artifacts.

http://steamcommunit...23/screenshots/

Sorry, I'm not going to get new shots just for you.

I DID change my cfg file back to 300,000 from 100,000, which I set it to previously to try and fix the unfixable problem.

You might not be an idiot, but 99% of people here who post are...

Sorry I didn't research your entire post history, to me you were just another 'I have no issues, you suck' person who logged in on the coast and deemed all to be right with the world. In the future, some context with your test results would be ideal.

Just so you know, you're in the vast minority of people for whom this has done anything. I, like all of my friends are still unable to come anywhere close to any military spawns or locations with dead solider bodies. It has gotten to the point where the game is unplayable because we refuse to dupe, and are running out of ammo for our weapons.

• Like 1

Hi guys, i can confirm that graphical glitches are still there in Stary Sobor.

Seems to me that axes look different? more bloody, the blade used to be bright red, seems more rust/brownish now.

Yup, noticed that too. They look cooler now.

Hi,

I can't login to the game. Things i have tried.

1. Redownloaded the newest beta and the newest patch.

2. Launched, through steam, dayz commander, six launcher.

3. Tried connecting to .4 servers but said i had .5

4. Tried waiting the load screen out, after 25 minutes no luck,

Any ideas what to try?

Same problem. Anyone more?

Beta patch 95883

Runs much smoother and no graphical glitches.

Edited by daniel626
  • Like 1

I have -119298 humanity and did not kill any zombies or players since my last respawn. Can anyone explain why and what this is?

it doesn't "disappear" on death

Everything works like a charm, thx for the awesome update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't "disappear" on death

Shouldnt, unfortunately, mine seems to have reset, I was curious what it was at, but I did get the "Bandit Face". It must have just been a glitch on the counter.