rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

Every single person we've encountered logs out as soon as they get the chance when they're in danger. There was the one that I caught logging back after avoiding one or two zed aggros, he promptly got a .50 cal in his spine, so satisfying. Also just last night we heard a guy being brazen with his lmg, stalked him, saw him running into a big building bleeding, I pop in the door lay 10 - 14 mp5 rounds into his BACK of all things, he had time to spin around shoot me down 6k of blood, I take cover and he quickly disconnects, so frustrating! My teams new policy is we don't shoot unless its a %100 that we can kill them, although in that last situation I was extremely confident I could kill him but somehow he just didn't drop.

Shot a server hopping ghillie suited man out side NE airfield lastnight, covering my mate as he went down the hill, hit him in the chest with a DMR, he disconneted instantly.. and just prior to that got in a firefight with a guy in camo, shot him in the chest to, he ran around bleeding, fired 2 shots my way and then disconnected, he had a L85. Very aggravating, they both had good gear so didnt want to lose it i guess, pussies!

I will be happy to see this happen. Seems like this is getting to be more and more frequent. If I don't bumrush someone they will DC to save from dying after I knock them down. Tonight ran into a duo of snipers in Berenzino that would shoot' date=' then forcelog to lose zombie aggro, then reconnect to shoot some more. They would pop in and out everytime we tried to fight back and I even bumrush the dang bush they were popping in and out of and tried to grenade it to remove their cover.

Looking forward to either you being killed when you DC while injured or that your character leaves a 'zombie' out for a longer period of time.

[/quote']

been killed by the same two idiots, or at least two idiots with the same behavior. camp berezino, if they miss shots they disconect, only to apear somewhere else few mins later. imposible to loot the tents because of this, becuase they just appear, fire a few shots, if your not dead, they disconect and relocate....

scumbags to the max.

may be scumbags but it is a very effective strategy. i use it on zombies. and i use a high calibre rifle that is a 1 shot kill vs players. they may alt+f4 out but they are dead.

I can agree, I too use it on zombies just because at the moment they are still a little (very) bugged seeing as its still alpha, and sometimes they get very frustrating, like when they walk through doors or walls, and hit you through walls. But using it during PvP is'nt right.

So I am reading these post and there just seems to be the same old reoccurring theme. "I shot this player" here and then an "I shot this player" there. Welcome to the evolution of your game DayZ modders and gamers. Seriously, just browse 90% of the post across the whole of these forums. The bad thing is, it's not really a challenging FPS type of game. Most of the people so proud of their Player kills are just pussy snipers not capable of making it in a more competitive FPS. You don't even have to be super accurate in this game like most others. Man I was so excited for a really good Zombie Apocalypse survival game that wasn't a spray and pray fest and offered more than just a co-op experience, but it's not turning into that. It's actually kind of splitting off into two games. You have one game where Zombie enthusiast try their best to have a more realistic survival experience and then the group that get their epeens stroked by a counter total. Hey man now wait, I know I fired a few shots across your bows. Oh no he said pussy and epeen. Must enrage flame defend peter size. Yeah yeah kiddies. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Just more making a point towards the truth. Don't just try and think your the shit cause you shot a guy with a anti-material rifle from 800m away. This whole thread is a rage towards a symptom. "People disconnecting to avoid death" is not THE problem. I't a symptom of the problem. Maybe if the people rolling with the pink/purple tags here removed all counts of murders in game and out, hmmm funny, you might see some of these symptoms degrade and lessen. So there it is. Return fire.

This whole thread is a rage towards a symptom. "People disconnecting to avoid death" is not THE problem. I't a symptom of the problem. Maybe if the people rolling with the pink/purple tags here removed all counts of murders in game and out' date=' hmmm funny, you might see some of these symptoms degrade and lessen.

[/quote']

This may work & should get tested.Won't magically make those guys that get too attached to their gear vanish but yeah,it will defo degrade

Actually I Disagree with you VOID.

I don't purposely Hunt other players down, but I will shoot any other player carrying a gun because I've been burnt too many times before.

I will agree something should be done where killing players has some kind of consequence unless it's purely for Self defensive purposes.

BUT! one thing I have found is with the prospect of other players (smarter than AI) being out there, my fear factor when entering a super market or high Value Location is massive, adding so much to the game and bringing out what is pretty much the whole feeling you're supposed to be getting from the zombies.

People say "Oh I Alt F4 because the zombies are broken" BULL POOP. Yes they are broken, but you don't need to ALT F4, learn to deal with the problem at hand, they can hit through a wall, don't stay next to a wall that they can do that through, don't close yourself in a corner. I've had some amazing Shoot outs in Supermarkets and other locations where zombies are coming at you from different locations, it's awesome fun and most often than not I come out on top :)

As for People ALT F4 when someone shoots at them, it isn't strategy it's Cheating. The Whole basis around the game is Realism, so unless rocket is going to introduce some super powers like teleporting, ALT F4ing moving to another location then coming back in is purely cheating and pathetic.

Knight you have obviously never been cornered in a supermarket with zombies glitching through the doors and counters, with nothing but a hatchet. Their are times where us as alpha "testers" are forced to Alt-F4 against the bugged AI, but when it comes to disconnecting during PvP, there is nothing wrong with the system, therefor absolutley no reason to disconnect. In the end I believe there just needs to be an unbindale suicide key set to Alt-F4, as well as a disconnect timer so you are unable to disconnect imediatley.

My friends and I do not kill players for murder points. We don't kill them for epeens. We kill other players because we enjoy killing real players.

Go ahead and take away the murder counter. I will still drop everything I'm doing to kill a player over zombies any day of the week, and I hate to see them DC from the game to get away from me. If they catch me and I'm gonna die, guess what... I'm gonna die. I'm not gonna bitch about it, and I'm not gonna DC to get away. Its not sporty.

Void, if you don't like the gun physics of the game then that's fair enough, it's your opinion.

Quote - "It's actually kind of splitting off into two games. You have one game where Zombie enthusiast try their best to have a more realistic survival experience and then the group that get their epeens stroked by a counter total."

I think you may be right, I also think that is what makes the game so unique. I can go days without encountering another player out in the wilds. But when I decide to venture into a high traffic area (Cities ect.) I know I'm gonna have to get prepared and bring my A-game to survive the Bandits purely going for kills. For me, it's one of the things I love about the game and I think the reason it appeals to so many people.

Disconnecting to avoid death really does piss me off though. I think the only real solution is a timer. If you choose to disconnect then maybe you should be forced to wait 10 seconds or so (maybe more). It would really balance things out. Also (I'm not sure if it's possible) maybe a short time needs to pass before you can log back in to discourage sever hopping, I'm not sure how feasable this is though. It's no coincidence that the people I see diconnecting to avoid my gunfire are also the people with good gear that genarally were camped somewhere and attacked me first.

hatchet is the best weapon against zombies..and you should know that you can't stay near walls when chased. i will never disconnect just to get back in a minute, sounds really like bullshit..and i can't imagine how scared are these people from loosing their precious gear..best thing of this game is adapting to environment and gear, i take the most fun from having a life with a sniper rifle and the next with only a pistol, ine with plenty of food, next with all the tools to live in the forest..i think the dc problem is a personal problem of kiddies playing an adult game. anyway a 10 seconds timer when dcing will give the chance to place a couple of control shots ,and maybe the corpse won't dissappear?

Hey, i want an information.

I was sniping a guy (and i got him) in FI 1, but i saw he dc (he disappeared), but re entered game in less than a minute... like he could press the abort button on the ESC menu.

Is it possible?

I got him about 8 times with a hunting sniper, how the f*ck did he survive?

EVERY TIME I could see the blood cloud, and his body going down unconsious.

But the idiot continued to reconnect and disconnect until i ran out of bullets so he began to shoot me back with his sniper rifle.

So, I disconnected too, fed up with this sh*t.

I feel like the only stupid one who keeps get shooted (and killed) on sight, and that can' do the same for unfair players disconnecting.

Alt+f4, It's painfully annoying for the soul reason we get screwed for loot. If you cap another player and they alt+f4 so they are reloaded alive before the point they are shot why not make the server save there state as soon as the player is dead? I've seen it a few times now, I shoot a player they go down but then alt+f4 out, no doubt to be resurrected alive on another server and off they go.

Of coarse this doesn't stop people from d/c'ing before death but what you gunna do? It's perma death, we fear it so if we can avoid it we will. It would be nice for a killed body to stay and be lootable though.

So I am reading these post and there just seems to be the same old reoccurring theme. "I shot this player" here and then an "I shot this player" there. Welcome to the evolution of your game DayZ modders and gamers. Seriously' date=' just browse 90% of the post across the whole of these forums. The bad thing is, it's not really a challenging FPS type of game. Most of the people so proud of their Player kills are just pussy snipers not capable of making it in a more competitive FPS. You don't even have to be super accurate in this game like most others. Man I was so excited for a really good Zombie Apocalypse survival game that wasn't a spray and pray fest and offered more than just a co-op experience, but it's not turning into that. It's actually kind of splitting off into two games. You have one game where Zombie enthusiast try their best to have a more realistic survival experience and then the group that get their epeens stroked by a counter total. Hey man now wait, I know I fired a few shots across your bows. Oh no he said pussy and epeen. Must enrage flame defend peter size. Yeah yeah kiddies. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Just more making a point towards the truth. Don't just try and think your the shit cause you shot a guy with a anti-material rifle from 800m away. This whole thread is a rage towards a symptom. "People disconnecting to avoid death" is not THE problem. I't a symptom of the problem. Maybe if the people rolling with the pink/purple tags here removed all counts of murders in game and out, hmmm funny, you might see some of these symptoms degrade and lessen. So there it is. Return fire.

[/quote']

Without the PVP, the game would not be fun for the vast majority of the people who play it. When I snipe you with my AS50, it's because you did something stupid. You went to a risky area and exposed yourself, or you became complacent and weren't cautious enough.

Everytime something bad happens to you in this game, it is entirely your fault, and nobody elses. I know this, because I don't have the same problems you do. My last life was 17 days and it ended because I glitched into a tree.

So when I hear a person like you bitching and moaning with almost manic rants, all I see is an imbecile who doesn't know how to play the game, and would rather blame the PVP than take responsibility for his own stupidity and poor choices in the game.

Please uninstall, kthxbye.

this has stoped me 4 times from getting killed by hacker TPing everyone to 1 point choppers flying around droping bomb fix the bigger problems plz

Ah, but who's bitching and moaning. As I said, I am just stating a truth. I'm sure that I have been breathing on this life longer than you too kiddo. Sorry for the kiddo, but either you can not read well or you're one of the ones than lends himself just to camping on a hill waiting for some one to cross your sites. No matter which way it announces your adolescences quite well. I actually love the PvP, but PvP and shooting fish in a barrel are too very different things.

Ah' date=' but who's bitching and moaning. As I said, I am just stating a truth. I'm sure that I have been breathing on this life longer than you too kiddo. Sorry for the kiddo, but either you can not read well or you're one of the ones than lends himself just to camping on a hill waiting for some one to cross your sites. No matter which way it announces your adolescences quite well. I actually love the PvP, but PvP and shooting fish in a barrel are too very different things.

[/quote']

Age is one thing, maturity another.

I love you. May I give you a hug?

I insist on it.

I think I'll leave you two alone for a bit. Have fun!

P.S - This really is the bitchiest forum I've ever encountered.

Hello friends!

Just wanted to make a quick reply, as I find that this is indeed an annoying "feature" in the current game :p

If we are all a bit patient, as rocket has stated, this will be fixed.

But when people try to justify this problem with "Oh, I got sniped by someone at 800m away, that's not playing the game, he is just a pussy, bla bla", kinda seems silly to me. First off, this is exactly the concept of being a sniper, you can't expect snipers in here to play like in Counter Strike (ah, good times :D ) jumping around and killing people at 20m lol. The whole point of being a sniper is to be stealthy and kill from a distance. If people complain that snipers should do pvp in close quarters combat, well, just try killing someone wielding a hatchet at 50m, and we'll see who gets chopped to death.

Now that that sniper issue is cleared, this problem still applies to every other situation, many times I found a player looting the same building as me, I engage trying to kill him, as he just runs into some little room and disconnects (mind you, I see this more from people with excelent retaliation capabilities!), which I really don't understand how they can have fun with the game this way. To me the most fun I can get in DayZ is the hunt for other players, and trying to survive while getting chased. The feeling I love the most is when I can feel my heart beats going up during this kind of pvp. If all I would do, as soon as I saw someone trying to chase, would disconnect... Then by all means, people who do this, vote to get some sort of PVE server without friendly fire, and all of you can go play there.

Cheers :D

Ok you know this has really gotten out of control. every single pvp experience ive been in has involved the player disappearing right infront of me then reappearing shortly after somehow behind me. Which leads to another question could they be invisible as they log back in? i wonder if as a person appears it takes a bit for them to load back up on the screen. the worst part of this all is when the bodies disappear instantly because they alt f4 loosing me everything i just used my ammo to get.

The temporary solution we found is an M107 ;)

It kills anyone in 1 shot so they don't have time to disconnect. It requires skill though. If you miss your 1st shot the target will disconnect )