rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

Lucky you.

Server crash/restart/battleye not responding/ping kick/game crash. Some are my fault' date=' many are not ;)

[/quote']

Wait, I'm telling lies, dirty rotten lies. I have lost connection once, Battleye did it. Still, I think it's a minor inconvenience to lose connection every once in a while, and accept the risks that goes along with it, compaired to playing a game with cheaters galore and zero immersion.

This is fucking ridiculous.

I have fight with a CCCP clan.

I killed 2 of them and they respawn. Then my friend killed them 4 times and they respawn.

They were all fully geared.

M4 silenced As-50 GPS NVG range finder etc. Even theirs backpacks(coyote military one) was with the same items. Exactly the same.

CCCP clan. Ugly cheaters.

We killed them and they just come back few second later.

It was ridiculous.

It was on DE 123 TRB server. The Running Bullets.

I mean WTF.

Seriously it is just sad.

What in the point playing this game in this state?

This is fucking ridiculous.

I have fight with a CCCP clan.

I killed 2 of them and they respawn. Then my friend killed them 4 times and they respawn.

They were all fully geared.

M4 silenced As-50 GPS NVG range finder etc. Even theirs backpacks(coyote military one) was with the same items. Exactly the same.

CCCP clan. Ugly cheaters.

We killed them and they just come back few second later.

It was ridiculous.

It was on DE 123 TRB server. The Running Bullets.

I mean WTF.

Seriously it is just sad.

What in the point playing this game in this state?

The point is to test it and provide feedback. Did you report the cheaters in the 'Cheat Reporting' forum?

Yeah I do that. Don't really believe in any effect.

Seriously I need to find server.

The selflockin one whose kick disconnected players from a lobby and ban cheaters and exploiters.

I don't give a shit what they do but they need to do something, otherwise we will find our own "solution".

I would never understand what's the point of playing pvp game, if you're afraid to get killed by other players. a decent number of people stoically take the fire and play the game. but the majority disconnects on every sign of a threat. I hope there will be some anti-pvp zombie mmorpg soon, for all these people specifically. so they all could leave Chernarus once and for all

I disconected once because that timer would not go away after 5 minutes..........was that a bug?

wtf man. five of my friends and i were at the NW airfield yesterday. four of my mates looted all the buildings and one mate and i were on the other side of the airfield with snipers supporting our mates. in about ~1:30 hrs we encountered six strangers, all from different directions on the airfield and everyone fucking disconnected as we were starting to shoot at these guys. someone even disconnected after he shot at us and missed. one guy got hit by us and disconnected while bleeding, the other ones disconnected as soon as we opened fire. in the end, we only got one guy which didn't disconnect as we were starting to shoot at him.

this sucks. i know we should have aimed better at these guys, but it's fucking ridiculous.

Whats gonna be funny is all these people that are disconnecting upon any kind of threat are gonna be fucked when Rocket releases some kind of fix for it.

fix this shit please rocket. 90% of poeple disconnect when fired upon. it has come to the point that I actually feel proud for dying. how ridiculous is that? I aactually feel good when I get killed because at least i'm not a disconnecting scumbag.

Yesterday in Cherno, i approached a newly spawn player from behind.

He is busy searching the floor for some loot.

He has an axe.

I have an AK.

And i'm thinking i need this axe to go north and get some wood.

But i dont shoot.

I use my mic :

"Hey there! You are getting robbed. I wont shoot if you go prone right now. I'll just steal your axe and be on my way."

He slowly turn around.

I repeat:"go prone now, you have 5 second."

He deco..................................

It is ruining the game.

We really need this

------------->NEW : 3min timer when you disconnect from a server. Please use caution when disconnecting.

------------->NEW : When you just disconnected from a server, you won't be able to join AN OTHER server for 7 minutes. Please go make yourself a coffe if your internet went down.

With these 2 things in the changelog, no more coward deconnection, and no more server hoppers. And if you think 3 mins or 7 mins is an unbearable amount of time to wait, then you clearly shouldn't play this slow paced game.

We really need this

------------->NEW : 3min timer when you disconnect from a server. Please use caution when disconnecting.

------------->NEW : When you just disconnected from a server' date=' you won't be able to join AN OTHER server for 7 minutes. Please go make yourself a coffe if your internet went down.

[/quote']

3 / 7 minutes isn't much of a deterrent for those who have spent hours and hours collecting gear.

We really need this

------------->NEW : When you just disconnected from a server' date=' you won't be able to join AN OTHER server for 7 minutes. Please go make yourself a coffe if your internet went down.

[/quote']

3 / 7 minutes isn't much of a deterrent for those who have spent hours and hours collecting gear.

I dont get what your saying.

3 minutes of hourglass when deconnecting is more than enough to avoid any sort of exploit dont you think? It means you can't deco/reco just because you aggroed some Zeds. And you can't just deco because you got shot at. As 3 min is enough for your enemy to come closer and kill you. Maybe 5 min would be better though.

And the 7 minutes. You just lost 20 min if you hopped in 3 different servers. If you dont have the luck to find loot then you need to lose even more time. I dont see how this could be fun to anyone.

I connect to a server, i experience lags at this server, i want to change it and I have to wait 7 mins...don't u think it is not a good way? ppl will spend hours just to find a playable server.

It should be - that after DC ur char stas alive for 30sec-1min, as it is in lots of MMORPG. So if u DC u become an easy standing target.

haha, this is getting way out of hand, me and my friend were in a bush watching a guy running a cross a field, my friend shot the sniper rifle, the guy jumped into prone and no word of a lie, he alt f4'd and disappeared before he even hi the ground. WTF lol.

lol@ the people who care so much about what other people do that your going to make it take 7 min to switch server, how ridiculous

[...] And the 7 minutes. You just lost 20 min if you hopped in 3 different servers. If you dont have the luck to find loot then you need to lose even more time. I dont see how this could be fun to anyone.

Just don't server hop for loot. I wish that could be patched out.

Would be nice to see loot vanish in a certain radius of a spawn if someone keeps server hopping in a certain area.

If you ask me, that's even worse then DCing to avoid death.

lol@ the people who care so much about what other people do that your going to make it take 7 min to switch server' date=' how ridiculous

[/quote']

In an online game such as this one people are affected by things other people do, so they care. Pretty obvious if you think about it. I guess you didn't.

some guys server hop to get behind you to kill you and avoid pvp dead. This happened to me and my groupis last weekend 2 times. I need this DC/server hopping fixed ASAP.

I don't know why' date=' but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out.

[/quote']

Exploit or not, with the number of bugs currently in the game it's the only way to survive and I will use it if I have to. I die not to players killing me or infected killing me (legitimately). I die every single time to bugs like infected crawling under the floor of a building hitting me through the floor below me, or infected hitting me from 100 ft away breaking my legs or falling off/through a mezzanine or bullets hitting the ground geometry when prone or players taking a full clip at point blank and not being phased..... the list goes on and on.

Of all the times I've died in this game, only 1 or 2 have been to legitimate deaths. They are all because of bugs, hackers, exploiters, infected/AI effectively "exploiting" if you understand my meaning (as is the nature of AI in this game even in Arma 2 vanilla), etc.

But these issues are mainly with the Arma 2 engine itself. It's completely unreliable. And by that I mean THE most unreliable engine/netcode/etc I've ever experienced in 30 years. Not to mention worst AI in vanilla.

I purchased this game to play DayZ and while I understand it's an alpha and what that entails... Arma 2 itself is technically still an alpha in it's current condition and that will never change. Updates aren't going to be made to Arma 2 that will completely turn it around or even help with Arma 3 on the horizon and this far in to release.

Just tell me that I will not have to pay for the "full" DayZ game when it's "Gold" or I will be beyond turned off and undoubtedly never buy a Arma game again after all the trouble I've had with vanilla/DayZ (no offense to you as it's not your fault).

i saw once a player disconnectet because he aggroed a zombie oO ... so i killed him when he reconnectet, but i cant be everywhere ^^

the only way to avoid this is a, maybe 30sec, waiting time to disconnect. ... like in WoW "20 sec. to exit the game" or so

i saw once a player disconnectet because he aggroed a zombie oO ... so i killed him when he reconnectet' date=' but i cant be everywhere ^^

the only way to avoid this is a, maybe 30sec, waiting time to disconnect. ... like in WoW "20 sec. to exit the game" or so

[/quote']

Yeah this would be a great feature, you also would have to stand still that 20 seconds so you can't run away from zombies that time and just wait to get logged off :)

Exploit or not' date=' with the number of bugs currently in the game it's the only way to survive and I will use it if I have to. I die not to players killing me or infected killing me (legitimately). I die every single time to bugs like infected crawling under the floor of a building hitting me through the floor below me, or infected hitting me from 100 ft away breaking my legs or falling off/through a mezzanine or bullets hitting the ground geometry when prone or players taking a full clip at point blank and not being phased..... the list goes on and on.

[/quote']

If you're THAT good in avoiding death by player or infected AND manage to die "every time" from glitches, you have to learn to avoid the glitches as well as the players or zombies. You obviously can identify them.

Look man, I feel your pain, OK? I got crushed by metal gates, hung up from a roof's ledge by my axe, moved sideways on a ladder when I wanted to go down (hehe...) too, screaming (in my head) "This game is fekking unplayable!" Just don't make a habit out of D/Cing all the time. It sucks, and if you think you can 'justify' it by pointing at imperfections, ableit pretty major ones sometimes, in an unfinsihed (at best) game you're just being a crybaby. Grow a pair, and try again.

Just today I happened to have found my very first ghilly suit, and was wearing it when approaching a deerstand. Lo and behold! A player materialized. I emptied half a AKM magazine toward him (yeah, I am a lousy shot, as well as an unsuccesful opportunist bandit with 0 murders), before he vanished. He probably had the time to even put down his tea. I waited a minute or 4, but he did not come back... rats!

Come to think of it, my not hitting him was probably due to lag and he D/Ced after the first shot.

=DRN= clan DC'd on the friend n i even when it was 2 v 13

killed about 3[confirmed] +2[wounded/dead?] rest DC'd n tried to flank thru server jumps lol

no contest

they play on a UK server called League of Gentleman no PK

[LuLz]

they are an oceanic clan of DC'n noobs who still fail even w/ server jumping

xRbRy.jpg?1

this happened btwn 2am-3am[PDT][uTC -7]

There should be a timer for when in combat. If you get hit by something, whether it was a player or a zombie your account should remain in game for at least another 15 seconds.

I d/c when my character is still in the early phases, but once I acquire some means to stay alive most times I do not d/c when zombies are aggro'd.

It is annoying to have someone d/c when you already have hit them, that is why I have never d/c from a pvp situation. So if you guys set a log out limit for when someone takes damage it should improve this situation.