rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

Bascal, many other users have suggested precisely the same suggestion before you. Please use the search function so you can instead bump another thread, as the Developers are likely to pay more attention to threads with a lot of discussion on it rather than notice 50 different threads of the same nature. Thanks.

Reported for a merge with another thread.

1) 30sec logout timer for disconnecters.

2) When a player logs in he will spawn 200 metres away from players and zombies close to where he logged out. This will stop players spawning behind you in a building you have already cleared and made safe.

Hi, Can we get a 10 Sec Log out timer like in WoW and in other MMO's to stop people from disconnecting in combat. This how ever wouldn't stop closing the game clients (Alt+F4) so is it possible to make the Log out timer sever side; So that if the game client is closed the character would still be in game for that period of time.

Quoted my other post from another thread instead of typing out a new one.

Many other users have suggested precisely the same suggestion before you. Please use the search function so you can instead bump another thread' date=' as the Developers are likely to pay more attention to threads with a lot of discussion on it rather than notice 50 different threads of the same nature. Thanks.

Reported for a merge with another thread.

[/quote']

Merged a few threads.

Not trying to play backseat mod here, but wouldn't it be more fair to delete the surplus threads instead of punishing those who actually use the official one by turning it into a cluttered mess?

Anyway, on topic:

I agree there should be a logout timer, but I think that a login timer is equally important. With a logout timer only, barrack hopping and behind-you-teleporting is still possible.

Do anyone disagree? I would like to hear why, maybe I have ovelooked something. It happens.

If u do so..., please make wirefences muchmore rare or toolboxes less rare...

Last times i loaded in game, spawned in firestation( cause logged out there before) and couldnt leave it because the whole staion is "wired". i changed server...same thing....server change....same thing....server change....NO Wire! Horray!!!!

So please fix this before making this update!

1) 30sec logout timer for disconnecters.

2) When a player logs in he will spawn 200 metres away from players and zombies close to where he logged out. This will stop players spawning behind you in a building you have already cleared and made safe.

I second this but I think 20 seconds is enough. And for server hoppers, I'd suggest that you have a cooldown before you can join another server so it encourages people to stick to the same server. I think a 5 min cooldown would be good.

I'd say 30 seconds. 10 seconds is still short enough to possibly escape and just server ghost to a new position. Possibly even prevent you from joining a new server for up to 5 minutes.

How about if they could implement a system that would just auto-ban you from any server you quit from for an hour or so? If would completely prevent server ghosting to kill others, and if you’re just trying to find a server that’s playable, it won’t affect you, and it would also help you by keeping you from joining a server you’ve already checked. In a server but need to take a short break, and still want to play on the same server? Just quit to the lobby and come back in once you’re ready to go again. A system like this could be setup to only ban you once you fully quit from the server.

This solution seems to me to be the best: 30 second timer coupled with being temp-banned automatically for 1 hour from any server you quit from.

This solution seems to me to be the best: 30 second timer coupled with being temp-banned automatically for 1 hour from any server you quit from.

This would prevent teleporting but not server hopping for loot. If you add a n-second freeze on connect, you get the best of both worlds.

i have read every single input into this debate and its more than obvious that 95% of people are upset with this problem having been a victim of it them selves ...

so pulling together the suggestions of the many and trying to put them in to practice i suggest the following and if you support it bump it untill there are enough of us with a big enough voice to get rockett to listen..

1 ..

no login delays or logout delays while in normal gameplay roaming, looting etc

a..reason =

the servers are to buggy and often you hop to find a decent one ..also sometimes things come up that you have to do (in real life) so loggin out you shouldnt be penalised also a large number of players would shoot you on sight loot your corpse in its delayed state ..

as suggested a flag system say 3 bars(like the eyes /ears on your screen) that lasts say 90seconds per bar thats been activated ( its a long time in a fire fight)

when its allerted with gunshots(very close to you/ at you or you fire)or damage to your character through zombie or other player interaction it prevents you from logging out with anything other than an alt f4..of which if a player does so hes data is sent for review for cheating (continued f4 use = month ban etc..)as f4 use is using the mechanic's of the server's and the sandbox system not the individual gameplay intended on the 1 server .we are not wizards that can morph/teleport we are humans trying to survive /hunt

3.. server hopping

..popping out for a smoke or making a coffee takes time (5mins or so) or if a server isnt to your taste (its dark/laggy/your mates arn't there etc) then joining another should be no problem..but if you then try to rejoin the server you just left ie "1 server back" then the info is stored on your exit from the server like a(timer clock) cookie and you are prevented from rejoining for a 5 min period or a freeze/pass out upon rejoining ..preventing quick return to take out a player that you chose not to face in the first place.

This way legitamate players get to enjoy the game and go about thier other everyday tasks (work /school etc with being penalised) while the in game players have to finish what chain of events they have started before being able to log out..and if you die because you couldnt use the mechanics of the game to bend the rules then seriously you need to get better at the game itself not look for loopholes around it ..

This would prevent teleporting but not server hopping for loot. If you add a n-second freeze in connect' date=' you get the best of both worlds.

[/quote']

I agree

agreed (for what it's worth)

where's the fun in doing this? it's like those idiots on FIFA that know how to score for certain exploits...it's not a measure of skill, it's cheating and ruining the game

This is the single biggest problem right now, as there are no consequences to this behavior. It ruins firefights, it's abusive and exploitative and unsporting.

support and bump

i have read every single input into this debate and its more than obvious that 95% of people are upset with this problem having been a victim of it them selves ...

so pulling together the suggestions of the many and trying to put them in to practice i suggest the following and if you support it bump it untill there are enough of us with a big enough voice to get rockett to listen..

1 ..

no login delays or logout delays while in normal gameplay roaming' date=' looting etc

a..reason =

the servers are to buggy and often you hop to find a decent one ..also sometimes things come up that you have to do (in real life) so loggin out you shouldnt be penalised also a large number of players would shoot you on sight loot your corpse in its delayed state ..

as suggested a flag system say 3 bars(like the eyes /ears on your screen) that lasts say 90seconds per bar thats been activated ( its a long time in a fire fight)

when its allerted with gunshots(very close to you/ at you or you fire)or damage to your character through zombie or other player interaction it prevents you from logging out with anything other than an alt f4..of which if a player does so hes data is sent for review for cheating (continued f4 use = month ban etc..)as f4 use is using the mechanic's of the server's and the sandbox system not the individual gameplay intended on the 1 server .we are not wizards that can morph/teleport we are humans trying to survive /hunt

3.. server hopping

..popping out for a smoke or making a coffee takes time (5mins or so) or if a server isnt to your taste (its dark/laggy/your mates arn't there etc) then joining another should be no problem..but if you then try to rejoin the server you just left ie "1 server back" then the info is stored on your exit from the server like a(timer clock) cookie and you are prevented from rejoining for a 5 min period or a freeze/pass out upon rejoining ..preventing quick return to take out a player that you chose not to face in the first place.

This way legitamate players get to enjoy the game and go about thier other everyday tasks (work /school etc with being penalised) while the in game players have to finish what chain of events they have started before being able to log out..and if you die because you couldnt use the mechanics of the game to bend the rules then seriously you need to get better at the game itself not look for loopholes around it ..

[/quote']

simply support and bump ..lets get something up and running that we can work with rather than having our ass's handed to us by people abuseing the system

support and bump

Wall of badly formatted text

simply support and bump ..lets get something up and running that we can work with rather than having our ass's handed to us by people abuseing the system

Please don't spam the thread with your own post. If people want to support your idea, they will do it without you telling them to.

This would prevent teleporting but not server hopping for loot. If you add a n-second freeze on connect' date=' you get the best of both worlds.

[/quote']

Yeah, I think something like a 15 second timer where your character is basically 'waking up' upon login.

If it could be done where logging off has you 'making your bedroll' where it puts you in the 'doing something' animation for that period of time (which you can cancel if you move or fire), the same mechanic and animation could be applied when logging in, except you cannot cancel it by moving. Have some kind of sound effect going in both states such as the sound of someone rolling up or unrolling a sleeping bag so if someone is nearby it gives you a warning that someone is logging in or out.

Couple this with a temp-ban from servers you quit from, it would likely solve almost all of the complaints.

And before anyone says 'well what if I login inside a building and someone is there' then that's your own fault. It's already incredibly stupid and risky logging into ANY building even without any kind of protection mechanic. I've already killed quite a few people who were stupid enough to log in right in front of me when I was searching a building.

Is there a name and shame thread for this.....

I'd just like to say;

To Koen....who I plugged about 50 times at the deer stand east of Novy and Alt F4'd on me earlier on today, you sir are a loser...I hope you died and timed out on the next server you joined. I tracked you for 10 minutes, even in your ghillie suit. Shit for brains.

How about your progress in game IS NOT saved unless you are out of a ciy/spawn zone. It will prevent loot farming, server hopping in combat in cities at least, and dcing because of zombies. This way you also take more risks not only when shootig at people but when going into towns for loot

This would prevent teleporting but not server hopping for loot. If you add a n-second freeze in connect' date=' you get the best of both worlds.

[/quote']

I agree

1 hr ban for leaving is too long and arbitrary, I say if you leave server A you can rejoin server A without penalty... unless you connected to another server (Server B) in which case you have a 10min ban on server A.

That would stop the more obnoxious ghosting and wouldn't unduly inconvenience people either.

[/quote']

I agree

1 hr ban for leaving is too long and arbitrary, I say if you leave server A you can rejoin server A without penalty... unless you connected to another server (Server B) in which case you have a 10min ban on server A.

That would stop the more obnoxious ghosting and wouldn't unduly inconvenience people either.

20 sec staying on server when disconnecting + 20 sec freeze on connecting. How about that?

How about your progress in game IS NOT saved unless you are out of a ciy/spawn zone. It will prevent loot farming' date=' server hopping in combat in cities at least, and dcing because of zombies. This way you also take more risks not only when shootig at people but when going into towns for loot

[/quote']

Sounds like a duping nightmare. And it still won't prevent people from shooting at you and DC'ing.. most people once they reach a certain point don't care about loot they just want to kill people.