rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Gender change is a one time thing' date=' the dialog when you login. If you don't select yes then you will not have the option to change again.

Vehicle repairing should work fine.

[/quote']

Uhhh that never appeared for me, sooo.

See' date=' I'm not doing [i']too terribly at the moment, surprisingly. The last frame rate hiccup (before the hotfix on Wednesday) had me at about 10-12 FPS. It was awful, I couldn't play at all. This one has me closer to 30-40 FPS, because I can creep in-game and work my way around if I'm careful enough - I wouldn't risk a shootout right now, because if anybody has a higher frame rate than me, I'm the proverbial fish in the virtual barrel.

Man the frik up. I'm on Day 27 of this character.

I average 14 FPS in open fields.

7 FPS is fantastical whilst deep in Cherno.

10-12 FPS is not unplayable.

thanks rocket! you deserve lots of beer.

Now. Time to switch to female, change name to 'Aileen Wuornos' and do what I was born to do.

Because the only good man is a dead man.

See' date=' I'm not doing [i']too terribly at the moment, surprisingly. The last frame rate hiccup (before the hotfix on Wednesday) had me at about 10-12 FPS. It was awful, I couldn't play at all. This one has me closer to 30-40 FPS, because I can creep in-game and work my way around if I'm careful enough - I wouldn't risk a shootout right now, because if anybody has a higher frame rate than me, I'm the proverbial fish in the virtual barrel.

I agree man, Its amazing what people have become used to with todays modern computers...

For the longest time I was happy to have 10-15 FPS in any modern games.

Lol so much trolling in this thread. You entitled bitches act like this is release. It's an open alpha. This is probably the first time that's even ever happened. Even counterstrike was years long beta. You're not playing with the final product. Things change in alpha. It's best not to get too deeply attached to the role-play aspect of the game and focus on broken mechanics, and report them so there's a working product to critique.

I apologize for busting my ass to have a computer that functions properly, gentlemen.

Lol so much trolling in this thread. You entitled bitches act like this is release. It's an open alpha. This is probably the first time that's even ever happened. Even counterstrike was years long beta. You're not playing with the final product. Things change in alpha. It's best not to get too deeply attached to the role-play aspect of the game and focus on broken mechanics' date=' and report them so there's a working product to critique.

[/quote']

Sounds like you're the troll.

Anyway Arma 2 is still Beta.

Battlefield 3 is still Beta.

Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout series still Beta.

And many more titles, basicly beta. Buggy, messy, runs bad etc.

Sounds like you need a better computer, 7 fps is waaaay too low to play anything for me. I need it to be at least 20 fps or I can't do anything.

Lol so much trolling in this thread. You entitled bitches act like this is release. It's an open alpha. This is probably the first time that's even ever happened. Even counterstrike was years long beta. You're not playing with the final product. Things change in alpha. It's best not to get too deeply attached to the role-play aspect of the game and focus on broken mechanics' date=' and report them so there's a working product to critique.

[/quote']

DayZ revolves around role-play you dippy.

Or at least pretty much, the players make the world. It's a sim pretty much.

Say a female chooses female' date=' but then, as this forum shows, gets hounded for her gender and feels uncomfortable?[/quote']

Did you ever fill a test where they ask about your gender? It's the same here.

Now imagine yourself going o the guy after have delivered the paper, asking: "Hey, may i change my gender after? Coz i'm not sure if i feel confortable with the current one".

C'mon, stop childish, and press the damn button, it's not that hard.

I tried using search but found no info abouut 1.6.0.1 patch. Anyone knows what has changed?

I tried using search but found no info abouut 1.6.0.1 patch. Anyone knows what has changed?

If i'm not wrong they introduced the scoop for the female character.

/waiting for som' Syrasa rage.

Not aimed at any one particular person, but regarding male/female selection:

If the devs were not open to the criticisms and suggestions of players there would be no point to half this site. If an individual believes they are doing something wrong and puts that idea forward in a civilised manner, "fuck you it's rocket's mod he can do what he wants" is not a valid counter-argument, and you're a terrible person for thinking it is. Rocket could implement a vengeful god that flies around the map killing people at random if he really wanted to and we couldn't stop him, but I'm pretty sure most people here would happily say that's a really bad idea and he shouldn't do it.

If the stance really is that you are expected to play your own sex/gender/whatever ingame then why is it not also a requirement that you take photos of yourself and create a custom skin for your face to use in game, submit a detailed report on how much you can bench to calculate how many items you're allowed to carry before you collapse and present evidence of your IRL marksmanship skills to determine how accurate your shots are? Why is it not the case that death really is permanent and you only get one character, ever, per CD-key?

Answer: It's a goddamn roleplaying game. You create a character and play a role, and that character may die and you create a new one. The point of RPGs is NOT to be forced to be yourself; if rocket thinks that doing so is a good game design then he's wrong. Mandating that all an individual's characters must be the same sex is ridiculous and stating that players should only play characters of their own sex is likewise absurd. It's an arbitrary restriction for which there is no good reason, only irrational and unfounded prejudice against "men who want/pretend to be women" (whether homophobia, transphobia, or simple sexism). It's illuminating how much people are freaking out about the idea of men playing women but nobody, bar nobody, seems to give a single damn about the idea of women playing as men.

As implemented this is a mechanic I disagree strongly with and feel ought to be changed to a choice upon the creation of a new character. It's also evidence of a view which needs to be challenged. Rocket's mod it may be, but as long as it's being publically distributed I'm free to say he's doing it wrong, and as long as he's soliciting feedback I'll say that to his own face/forum.

I went into this thread expecting a lot of sexism and I'm sorry to say I was not disappointed.

EDIT: Mercilessly eliminated a wayward apostrophe.

Nice patch, only thing I am disappointed by is that female characters have been added. :(

My guess is that Chernarus will be filled with amazon women characters that actually are male nerds in reality.

pre-patch found about 5 crashed choppers all no loot.

after patch. found 1 crashed chopper. still no loot.

Also after patch I couldn't sit in gunner seat as usual?

Gun looked turned in toward co-pilot seat and something like a muzzle flash pointing off of it.

I never got any dialogue window at all when I hopped into the game after patching to 1.6.0.1

Sooo Im stuck as Bandit male :D

Not aimed at any one particular person' date=' but regarding male/female selection:

If the devs were not open to the criticisms and suggestions of players there would be no point to half this site. If an individual believes they are doing something wrong and puts that idea forward in a civilised manner, "fuck you it's rocket's mod he can do what he wants" is not a valid counter-argument, and you're a terrible person for thinking it is. Rocket could implement a vengeful god that flies around the map killing people at random if he really wanted to and we couldn't stop him, but I'm pretty sure most people here would happily say that's a really bad idea and he shouldn't do it.

If the stance really is that you are expected to play your own sex/gender/whatever ingame then why is it not also a requirement that you take photos of yourself and create a custom skin for your face to use in game, submit a detailed report on how much you can bench to calculate how many items you're allowed to carry before you collapse and present evidence of your IRL marksmanship skills to determine how accurate your shots are? Why is it not the case that death really is permanent and you only get one character, ever, per CD-key?

Answer: It's a goddamn roleplaying game. You create a character and play a role, and that character may die and you create a new one. The point of RPGs is NOT to be forced to be yourself; if rocket thinks that doing so is a good game design then he's wrong. Mandating that all an individual's character's must be the same sex is ridiculous and stating that players should only play characters of their own sex is likewise absurd. It's an arbitrary restriction for which there is no good reason, only irrational and unfounded prejudice against "men who want/pretend to be women" (whether homophobia, transphobia, or simple sexism). It's illuminating how much people are freaking out about the idea of men playing women but nobody, bar nobody, seems to give a single damn about the idea of women playing as men.

As implemented this is a mechanic I disagree strongly with and feel ought to be changed to a choice upon the creation of a new character. It's also evidence of a view which needs to be challenged. Rocket's mod it may be, but as long as it's being publically distributed I'm free to say he's doing it wrong, and as long as he's soliciting feedback I'll say that to his own face/forum.

I went into this thread expecting a lot of sexism and I'm sorry to say I was not disappointed.

[/quote']

You have made some very valid points and I agree with everything you wrote (1+point)- hope that Rockets see your post.

I could not have put it better, myself. Your argument is very convincing, grammar nearly spotless, and the points are delivered with precision.

Bravo, sir. I wish I had your eloquence.

-Snipped-

I wish everybody was like you. Civilized and sophisticated. Hopefully Rocket will see your post. Very good argument.

pre-patch found about 5 crashed choppers all no loot.

after patch. found 1 crashed chopper. still no loot.

Also after patch I couldn't sit in gunner seat as usual?

Gun looked turned in toward co-pilot seat and something like a muzzle flash pointing off of it.

I noticed the same thing. Saw a downed gray heli in a field. My eyes lit up. Used a whole clip of ammo clearing out the zombies around it only to find no loot and no interaction options once I got there...

awesome' date=' could not play all day with rolling updates and patches for patches. Have some tears.

[/quote']

After not being able to log in most of Sunday, I finally managed to spawn in the evening. Still had my old character, very hungry but managed to get him to a supermaket and stock up on supplies. This bearded dude is alive almost 2 weeks now:cool:.

All is good in Zland again. 2 ours of gameplay somehow make up for all the trouble and butthurt. Good job devs, good job Rocket. I am now requesting my tears back.

Answer: It's a goddamn roleplaying game. You create a character and play a role' date=' and that character may die and you create a new one. The point of RPGs is NOT to be forced to be yourself; if rocket thinks that doing so is a good game design then he's wrong. Mandating that all an individual's characters must be the same sex is ridiculous and stating that players should only play characters of their own sex is likewise absurd. It's an arbitrary restriction for which there is no good reason, only irrational and unfounded prejudice against "men who want/pretend to be women" (whether homophobia, transphobia, or simple sexism).

[/quote']

Incorrect. It's rocket's anti-game. I suggest you read up on what he's trying to do.