rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Did I read something about a 1.6.0.2 patch?

I would hope so. The fps I get is just ridiculously low.

Nope. Just checked the download site.

What a shame, I sure hope it's fixed soon, I can't ambush poor survivors with 7 fps :'(

I've had no fps issues whatsoever, but it does seem to be a recognized issue. Be patient - hotfix will be in the works.

I've had no fps issues whatsoever' date=' but it does seem to be a recognized issue. Be patient - hotfix will be in the works.

[/quote']

If only BI could improve their engine so it doesnt run really bad on the highest end hardware, or well, all hardware combos.

Nope. Just checked the download site.

What a shame' date=' I sure hope it's fixed soon, I can't ambush poor survivors with 7 fps :'(

[/quote']

I haven't stepped off of that precipice, yet. I'm getting better than 7, but not great.

FWIW since the 1.6.0.1 patch, I had been getting terrible FPS (7-11 whereas I was getting 25-60 on 1.5.8.4). However tonight I happened to hop on a server that had just restarted, and my FPS was back to the 25-60 range.

For everyone still mentioning the lag issue, Rocket has acknowledged that the new update (1.6.X) has brought a large increase in lag, and as other players have pointed out the longer a server has been online the more lag it has (stream problem?).

With a female character you're going to have low FPS' date=' especially when turning on the vacuum cleaner.

[/quote']

Another tasteless joke from another master at humor!

Please! Tell me an original one!

I think men tell their 'jokes' because they're just afraid that it turns out women are just as good as them!

I mean look at how often they're making them here? A simple female character addition and suddenly they feel threatened.

So thus they make poor humor in an attempt to reassert their 'dominance'

With a female character you're going to have low FPS' date=' especially when turning on the vacuum cleaner.

[/quote']

I think men tell their 'jokes' because they're just afraid that it turns out women are just as good as them!

I mean look at how often they're making them here? A simple female character addition and suddenly they feel threatened.

C'mon Syrasa, i posted to have a laugh about your reaction. Don't take it so seriously. :)

PS: and i'm not one of those that believes we are "better", in fact im convinced of the opposite: women are far better than men... using a vacuum cleaner.

[/quote']

C'mon Syrasa, i posted to have a laugh about your reaction. Don't take it so seriously. :)

PS: and i'm not one of those that believes we are "better", in fact im convinced of the opposite: women are far better than men... using a vacuum cleaner.

Well then by all means I apologize. I've just grown so used to seeing that on nearly every internet forum and game. It's merely an observation.

Oh you sly bastard. But my dad is way more knowledgeable at cooking and cleaning than I am!

I wouldn't have much of a beef with it if you could just be original. Every joke I've heard here I've already heard around 4000+ times.

I sent off an email... here's hoping I can get my skin fixed. :(

That sucks. I hope you can fix it soon!

I'm not going to stop you from using those jokes. After all' date=' we have jokes for men as well, its just that they're all old as hell [years old in fact, time to get some new ones~']

I wouldn't have much of a beef with it if you could just be original. Every joke I've heard here I've already heard around 4000+ times.

The way you quote is just so annoying gosh.. also dont forget the kitchen jokes! :D

I'm gonna stop anyway or i'll get banned for being OT. But before leaving, you must know that everytime i'll read your nick i'll think about a kitchen joke.

Status: I am going to slowly inch myself towards your stove, and then cook your delicious eggs with beacon. After, I shall take the dishes to wash, and leave the lunch rest to those adorable, hairy dogs.

The way you quote is just so annoying gosh.. also dont forget the kitchen jokes! :D

Oh boy the kitchen jokes are some of the oldest. I've been hearing those since I was a wee lil lady.

Of course I never took up the art of cooking and contrary to popular [or rather' date= male] belief I spend most of my time in the basement doing this :p

My dad on the other hand is an excellent cook and is obsessive with having a clean house. He's far from girly too [in fact, he looks like he could seriously hurt somebody].

also how is my quoting annoying? :<

I'm gonna stop anyway or i'll get banned for being OT. But before leaving' date=' you must know that everytime i'll read your nick i'll think about a kitchen joke.

Status: I am going to slowly inch myself towards your stove, and then cook your delicious eggs with beacon. After, I shall take the dishes to wash, and leave the lunch rest to those adorable, hairy dogs.

Got it

now when is the hotfix going to come out? I'm hoping tomorrow because I've had nothing to do because of the crappy performance :<

Lower everything (gfx options) until they comes up with a hotfix. I've used to have around 50FPS with everything almost maxed (570SLI) ... but with the recent patch my FPS (luckily only sometime..) goes down to 8FPS .. so i lowered everything and now i'm having crazy FPS, but when things goes wrong (low FPS), they remains high enough to play confortably.

The gfx is shitty indeed.. but it's ok for a couple of days.

On top of that I've heard loot and stuff is bugged although I've never seen it myself.

Lower everything (gfx options) until they comes up with a hotfix. I've used to have around 50FPS with everything almost maxed (570SLI) ... but with the recent patch my FPS (luckily only sometime..) goes down to 8FPS .. so i lowered everything and now i'm having crazy FPS' date=' but when things goes wrong (low FPS), they remains high enough to play confortably.

[/quote']

I have lowered everything. Everything's at the lowest it can go and my resolution is at 1024x768 [my monitor's supported is 1920x1080 so a huge size difference]

Would setting it to native give me a performance boost? I've actually seen that with games like HL2, at least on my card [a 512mb sapphire 4870]

On top of that I've heard loot and stuff is bugged although I've never seen it myself.

Lower everything (gfx options) until they comes up with a hotfix. I've used to have around 50FPS with everything almost maxed (570SLI) ... but with the recent patch my FPS (luckily only sometime..) goes down to 8FPS .. so i lowered everything and now i'm having crazy FPS' date=' but when things goes wrong (low FPS), they remains high enough to play confortably.

[/quote']

I have lowered everything. Everything's at the lowest it can go and my resolution is at 1024x768 [my monitor's supported is 1920x1080 so a huge size difference]

Would setting it to native give me a performance boost? I've actually seen that with games like HL2, at least on my card [a 512mb sapphire 4870]

That depends on what your other pieces of hardware is, mainly the CPU.

This is how it works.

The lower the Resolution the more CPU is used (processor)

The higher the resolution the more GPU is used (Graphics)

So having a Strong GPU means its best to have a higher resolution.

Having a Strong CPU but weak GPU, better to have it a notch below the native resolution, like 1600x900.

[/quote']

That depends on what your other pieces of hardware is, mainly the CPU.

This is how it works.

The lower the Resolution the more CPU is used (processor)

The higher the resolution the more GPU is used (Graphics)

So having a Strong GPU means its best to have a higher resolution.

Having a Strong CPU but weak GPU, better to have it a notch below the native resolution, like 1600x900.

Would have been great to know that as my cpu is weak [Core 2 Duo @ 2.13GHz]

so basically native should theoretically run better than the 1024x768 resolution?

One thing... just to be sure.. atm you're having normal (your usual) FPS with Arma withtout DayZ mod?

A week ago i had a problem with the drivers, and were going nuts, the FPS went down to 8FPS for no reason, but that wasn't related to DayZ, it were affecting even the vanilla.

so basically native should theoretically run better than the 1024x768 resolution?

This rarely happens.. in the worst case (in my experience) they will run the same because it hits the CPU limit.. but in most case lower resolution = higher FPS.

In your case 1080p should be an OK resolution for your config.

Would have been great to know that as my cpu is weak [Core 2 Duo @ 2.13GHz]

You could always try as it only takes a few secs to change resolution.

Anyway' date=' Id giddy up and invest in a tad faster components in [i']the future (just dont go AMD in terms of CPUs)