rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Sorry guys, still quite a bit of balancing needed on the temperature system. Will be a while before we get that right.

It's sad to see people be so quick to undermine a system that could play an interesting role in player encounters. If the female skin becomes so corrupted, then there would be no room for variation in interactions between and within sexes. Most importantly though, this new feature will end up as a missed opportunity and irrelevant variable in an otherwise brilliantly interesting experiment.

So I will follow a policy of shoot on sight of any female/male pretenders, in addition to active reporting of any and all sexism I come across. Perhaps even reporting fakes, if such reports are accepted. I would very much like to see how a real male/female dynamic would work in a game like this, so I will fight for its legitimacy in whatever way I can.

Sorry guys' date=' still quite a bit of balancing needed on the temperature system. Will be a while before we get that right.

[/quote']

Rocket, I joined a server and did not get the option to change to female. Other people had the same problem.

Hope the "ONE TIME OFFER" gets a reset option with the help of an admin or DayZ team to help ladies with bad connections.

This is a hard decision... even harder if you can't make it.

Rocket could make the OFFER available in the next patch i hope.

It seems that with the latest 1.6 update or with the latest Hive update, we've got a lot of performance issues.

On the box, it's running fine, but in the server, there's major lag

My server (NL2) is giving players the message that the server is running an incorrect version of the server side app. What to do?

Can't wait for all the people that didn't read the patch notes storming in and being all like: "I stuck as gurl? WTF?"

Sorry guys' date=' still quite a bit of balancing needed on the temperature system. Will be a while before we get that right.

[/quote']

Body temperature should drop at a rate of 0.5 Celsius every hour (on a normal day)

IF you get an infection, it should increase beyond the standard 37 degrees (normal body temperature) up to a max of 44/45, past 40.5 the player should start getting shakes like they need painkillers but only antibiotics will fix it. Then they need to go for a swim or wait for a while to cool down

At night it should drop at a rate of 2 Celsius every hour

Raining should be 2 C

Raining at night should be 4 C

If it gets lower than 30/32 C you should start shaking from the cold and only heat will help

Indoors stops temperature dropping

It's sad to see people be so quick to undermine a system that could play an interesting role in player encounters. If the female skin becomes so corrupted' date=' then there would be no room for variation in interactions between and within sexes. Most importantly though, this new feature will end up as a missed opportunity and irrelevant variable in an otherwise brilliantly interesting experiment.

So I will follow a policy of shoot on sight of any female/male pretenders, in addition to active reporting of any and all sexism I come across. Perhaps even reporting fakes, if such reports are accepted. I would very much like to see how a real male/female dynamic would work in a game like this, so I will fight for its legitimacy in whatever way I can.

[/quote']

How is choosing to play as a woman being a detriment to the game?

It's sad to see people be so quick to undermine a system that could play an interesting role in player encounters. If the female skin becomes so corrupted' date=' then there would be no room for variation in interactions between and within sexes. Most importantly though, this new feature will end up as a missed opportunity and irrelevant variable in an otherwise brilliantly interesting experiment.

[/quote']

I didn't said it would be a detriment.

[/quote']

I didn't said it would be a detriment.

Then how is it "[undermining] a system that could play an interesting role in player encounters?"

I'd love to get some testing on my mirror' date=' please try using the German mirrors!

[/quote']

Works fine, good speeds. been using it since its up. Thanks for the mirror!

[/quote']

Body temperature should drop at a rate of 0.5 Celsius every hour (on a normal day)

IF you get an infection, it should increase beyond the standard 37 degrees (normal body temperature) up to a max of 44/45, past 40.5 the player should start getting shakes like they need painkillers but only antibiotics will fix it. Then they need to go for a swim or wait for a while to cool down

At night it should drop at a rate of 2 Celsius every hour

Raining should be 2 C

Raining at night should be 4 C

If it gets lower than 30/32 C you should start shaking from the cold and only heat will help

Indoors stops temperature dropping

Sounds legit. And it came from a Doktor, who am I to question this? For cereal though, this sounds good.

I've seen lots of heatpacks, but not skins. Where do they spawn Mr. Rocket? I went back to survivor skin again, gay.

The skins are a very low spawn. They should spawn in higher quantity at the crashed helicopter, and also in other buildings. It would ruin the exploration a bit if I told you more :)

You DONT want skins, they make you stuck in swim mode on dry land, wait for a fix.

Edit: Rocket, posted a bug report - it needs appoval.

The skins are a very low spawn. They should spawn in higher quantity at the crashed helicopter' date=' and also in other buildings. It would ruin the exploration a bit if I told you more :)

[/quote']

Sounds great :)

Is it just me with performance issues btw? (Server side)

I finally have a repairable chopper... and as I am collecting my parts (alone cuz everyone left me) I have been killed 3 times in a row now by the fucken idiot cod players who just shoot everything that moves... -_-

If I dont have a chopper in the air soon, IM GOING TO FUCKEN FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally have a repairable chopper... and as I am collecting my parts (alone cuz everyone left me) I have been killed 3 times in a row now by the fucken idiot cod players who just shoot everything that moves... -_-

If I dont have a chopper in the air soon, IM GOING TO FUCKEN FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Complains of COD noobs

- Wants chopper

What

[/quote']

That's cool about your new SoS policy, but the rest is just silly. Corrupt the female skin? This grand social experiment stuff is overreaching, asking us not only to play the game but to conform to a particular vision of why we play and what makes it significant. I'm grateful for the software, but don't need to be instructed on the rest.

I want to adopt a tough, survivalist persona when I play this game. Nothing says tougher to me than a woman scrapping her way through this world.

Eh... Skins shouldn't really be that of a low spawn, jeez :/ Clothing is EVERYWHERE. Hoping they aren't as rare as NVGs either.

That said, as I mentioned previous, a screenshot of the female might be helpful for those who are considering changing y'know. Personally, I'm sticking with a male.