rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Found a bug a few versions back, still here. Basically, when I tray to move a gun from pouches to backpack, if there isn't enough space, the gun will disappear from inventory altogether and can't be recuperated. It's quite frustrating and annoying to have multiple guns, some of them rare and fine and to lose them so easily.

Loving all the responses people are giving with the 'Waiting for server response' yet it was stated by the dev team this isn't a current issue. Clearly is for a lot of people.

The second reason...well... I respect your lifestyle' date=' honestly, I do. One of my best friends since fifth grade is homosexual, and I think no less of him for it.[/quote']

You don't seem to understand the difference between homosexuality and being transgender. Not everyone who is gay wants to be a girl.

With this update' date=' the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

[hr']

With this update, the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

Congratulation! You are the 1,000,000th person to make this statement!

Dont mean to sound offensive but... should I care? I said the same on the 1.5.9 discussion.

Turning into a bandit was some sort of blacklisting for premature triggerhappy people. It gave you at least a reason not to freak out instantly.

"blablablah, immersion, in real life bandits would be people like us... Implying that real life doesn't have smooth comunication, that you can't see how a person is reacting (body language, expression), seeing if he's hungry and may kill you for food, and some sort of brain response delay known as lag in this virtual world"

The truth is that a survivor-esque player won't like to be a "bad guy" for a long time so he can be shot on sight by survivors. Yesterday i found a player. I did not stop moving, and neither did he (easy headshot if we do). We circled eachother continously aiming due to the lack of voice and we kept going our own way respectively. However I only gave him this benefit of the doubt because he was a survivor.

Knowing that from this point on everyone is equal, this benefit of the doubt turned from 50% to 10%, and since I'm not going to be blacklisted on the eyes of the other survivors modelwise, I can just finish off anyone that represents even the slightest risk.

awesome, could not play all day with rolling updates and patches for patches. Have some tears.

The waiting for server is an issue now, because we had several nodes go down at once combined with a hotfix happening at the same time, as well as heavy website demand. This then caused a cascading failure leading the the central server itself to die. The system recovered but then began falling over as the entire network effectively DDoS'd itself from withing. Even the local nodes themselves (such as NY) got stuck.

Bringing up a network of over 300 server's is pretty difficult. Just as the system was recovering itself, one or two nodes would crack under the pressure and the cascading failure started again bringing down more and more nodes as the central server became overwhelmed and stopped accepting connections. I then bought down the website to try and help the server cope, and took down all nodes myself and manually bought them up (kind of like how you recover after a powercut).

The waiting for server is an issue now' date=' because we had several nodes go down at once combined with a hotfix happening at the same time, as well as heavy website demand. This then caused a cascading failure leading the the central server itself to die. The system recovered but then began falling over as the entire network effectively DDoS'd itself from withing. Even the local nodes themselves (such as NY) got stuck.

Bringing up a network of over 300 server's is pretty difficult. Just as the system was recovering itself, one or two nodes would crack under the pressure and the cascading failure started again bringing down more and more nodes as the central server became overwhelmed and stopped accepting connections. I then bought down the website to try and help the server cope, and took down all nodes myself and manually bought them up (kind of like how you recover after a powercut).

[/quote']

So what, we just wait?

New moral decision. Never hit a girl, but its possibly OK to blow them away with a shotgun.

For those struggling with the decision.. its not supposed to be a decision. Its a fact, are you a guy, or a lady. I'm sure somebody has told you by now.

Is the ghillie suit actually functional in the sense that it will provide a level of security to not being seen in normal' date=' crouched or prone mode?

[/quote']

This is a military simulator. A Ghillie suit wont make you "vanish" at certain levels. It will blend with the grass around you, just like real life. If a trained eye sees you, you'll be shot. There is no RPG factor to "+2 to invisibility." Either you hid well and we can't see you, or you didn't and we can.

I ve chosen female skin,

then i respawned correctly as a female, played 15 min killed a survivor and changed to bandit skin o_O.

Now whatever server i connect i m still a bandit.

The waiting for server is an issue now' date=' because we had several nodes go down at once combined with a hotfix happening at the same time, as well as heavy website demand. This then caused a cascading failure leading the the central server itself to die. The system recovered but then began falling over as the entire network effectively DDoS'd itself from withing. Even the local nodes themselves (such as NY) got stuck.

[/quote']

So what you're saying Is that The website pretty much rapped Itself... !

Every server I try, every version I switch to, it says I'm using the wrong version.

sorry ladies but I'm shooting women on sight. too much a chance that it's bandits looking for people to hesitate.

Whats the Problem of playing a girl? Never played tomb raider? ;)

No problem, choose it. He's just stressing its a final choice, no redos. Its not against the rules to switch it up, its just permanent.

Every server I try' date=' every version I switch to, it says I'm using the wrong version.

[/quote']

there is a 1.6.1 hotfix/update.. not sure why there isn't a thread for it.

No bandit skins? Girl skins? WHO CALLED IT' date=' MOTHERFUCKERS?!

;)

[/quote']

A 350 post suggestion topic in the suggestion forum ;)

A 350 post suggestion topic in the suggestion forum ;)

Silly Hunter. Rocket doesn't actually listen to the masses! He knows what's up.

Hey Rocket. Brofist.

Can you change how the females look? (Like how you change how the males look in the main menu)

There appears to be a mismatch betwen 1.6.0.1 clients and servers (1.6.0.1 servers are reporting to be 1.6.0).

Stop crying about female characters' date=' its so if you are female: pick it, if not, stay male. Its not a "oo i cant decide, oo i want to change it every month". You totally misunderstand the concept.

In addition, dont post skins here, a good part of this game is discovering the mystery, project Day Z is unlike other games by big companies - those types of games publish every single detail about the game in manuals and online. Here you have to find out for yourself. Which is one of the best aspects.

[/quote']

I agree 100% thanks for the post FreedomTea couldn't have said it better..

+1

I heard that if you choose a female player, you can't use any of the new skins. My friend said that he couldn't put on a ghillie suit because of his player model.

Will this be fixed soon?