griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Hopefully no more 5 minute loading times just to find out the server doesn't work.

Typically long load times are merely because the server isn't optimized correctly.

Will a DayZ mod come out for Arma III right away?

Or are you guys sticking to the stand alone version for now?

Edit:

Or will the stand alone version be with the Arma III engine?

Edited by CerebralZombie

Huh.

I see my post where I expressed my perspective on your decision was removed.

That is an interesting policy taking into consideration that you claim you value player feedback.

Next time you disagree with my opinion, feel free to ban me while stating a reason or whatever. You either want to hear what we have to say or not.

that is the definition of censorship

Cant wait for stand alone, buying a new $1000+ computer to play it :D

looking foward to it

Hope this game makes warz irrelevant

WarZ makes WarZ irrelevant.

• Like 2

Can't wait.

All I really would like to see from a technical standpoint is DayZ being less CPU deficient than the current A2 engine. Better multi-threading would be great and probably allow for higher view distances. 2k would be epicness.

looking foward to it

Hope this game makes warz irrelevant

Take a look at War Inc. DayZ has nothing to worry about.

Edited by pengs
  • Like 3

How many years until this is out?

Rocket said he wants the Alpha of the standalone out before the end of the year, some say possibly eve by October / November.

As long as they keep fixing up the mod until then, im happy to play it, the only real problem for me, is that i have absolutely no desire to play any other game other than DayZ ....

Pls fix the mod!

Actually i think it is a lot more important to keep the mod running! Because right now, it became unplayble (since 1.7.2.5) - with cars and tens not saving this game makes absolutely no sense at all! Fix that! No one needs Standalone when the mod is completly destroyed by one single update -.-

Pls fix the mod!

Actually i think it is a lot more important to keep the mod running! Because right now, it became unplayble (since 1.7.2.5) - with cars and tens not saving this game makes absolutely no sense at all! Fix that! No one needs Standalone when the mod is completly destroyed by one single update -.-

I agree with you, however i guess the only reason why 1.7.3 has been delayed is because graphical bugs are still there (i was told that by a guy who had the opportunity to play it at gamescom)

I hope other stuff have been fixed (tent, vehicles, random coast respawn, backpack dupe while wearing camo, .. )

That being said, i reckon dev team have not finished the development of this fantastic mod at all, rather then they are focussing on organizing the huge work for the incoming standalone version.

I agree with you, however i guess the only reason why 1.7.3 has been delayed is because graphical bugs are still there (i was told that by a guy who had the opportunity to play it at gamescom)

I hope other stuff have been fixed (tent, vehicles, random coast respawn, backpack dupe while wearing camo, .. )

That being said, i reckon dev team have not finished the development of this fantastic mod at all, rather then they are focussing on organizing the huge work for the incoming standalone version.

Hmm graphical issues are no problem, just Press Shift and the Numpad '-' and enter 'flush'. Arma II will load the graphics again and the bugs disappear.. everyone should be able to manage that - but why don't they bring out a hotfix for tents or something? It is a lot more important than the graphic glitches.... Hope we will hear something from the Dev-Team within the next three or four weeks, but I think they stopped giving information to us, I don't know why.

Not good for DayZ in times of 'State of Decay'! This one's almost finish and runs absolutely stable on Unreal Engine 3... so.. if DayZ doesn't run absolutely smoothly over the half of the players will change the game soon..

RPS: Is the standalone more Arma 2 or more Arma 3?

Hall: It’s more like Arma 2.5, and there’s a very important reason for that. Arma 2 has reached a certain level of maturity, and that’s important for Day Z. We want to do things like support a simple ragdoll, rather than the complex ragdoll that Arma 3 has, because we’re multiplayer and PvP focused. So yeah it’s more like Arma 2.5, but because we’ve got the guys who created the engine working directly on this game, we could soon see Day Z codebase looking very different. It’s actually based more on the Take On Helicopters architecture than what we’ve done with Arma 3.

No Arma 3 engine :D owned again! keep the hype going

It`s becoming obvious that dev team sold out.

RPS: So now Day Z is a standalone… will it have mods?

Hall: A military sim mod of Day Z!

RPS: Could that happen?

Hall: Initially, no. We have to lock it down to start with, and that will disappoint some people. It disappoints me, in a way, because Day Z came from modding, but to allow user content in we have to define those rules and structures, and we don’t have the time to do that right now. We need to make sure we can deal with hacking, at least to an extent, so initially we focus on that, and we deal with everything else later. We’ve got to just get it established before we look at user-content.

And they acting like every other big Company, locking content, pathetic.

Edited by kempinukas

Hall: Initially, no. We have to lock it down to start with, and that will disappoint some people. It disappoints me, in a way, because Day Z came from modding, but to allow user content in we have to define those rules and structures, and we don’t have the time to do that right now. We need to make sure we can deal with hacking, at least to an extent, so initially we focus on that, and we deal with everything else later. We’ve got to just get it established before we look at user-content.

Try reading his answer again, with your finger.

Try reading his answer again, with your finger.

Identical excuse that DICE/EA gave after a question about modding tools for Battlefield 3.

Use your brain not your fingers.

Edited by kempinukas

Hmm graphical issues are no problem, just Press Shift and the Numpad '-' and enter 'flush'. Arma II will load the graphics again and the bugs disappear.. everyone should be able to manage that ...

I regret to inform you that this is not a solution for everyone. What you said is a well known TEMP fix that works only for few users. (i.e in my case to avoid such bug i need to switch windowed mode and then back to fullscreen, sometime i need to change memory settings for video card, ...)

BTW sorry for the off topic!

What is the point (exept Roket's money) of stand alone DayZ?

I think I would never buy standalone DayZ, it is borring to fight brainless zeds to get to NW airport, get weapon and just delete the game when you sucseed.

I have a price idea, now I doubt I will be heard, but I was thinking for a starting price around 15$. It's cheap and a lot of people would buy it right away, then slowly escalate the price as you go up and up in development. Also I highly recommend getting rid of BattlEye, it seems to not work, I still get in loads of servers with hackers... Almost every time I play actually.

These are just my opinions and suggestions, if I offended anyone, or made a retarded post feel free to PM me or reply here that this was outright retarded. Thank you for your time, happy zombie hunting.

15 dollars is too much for an alpha. no more than 10 at first.

Sorry but 10 is too much for an alpha in my opinion, especially with the issues the mod has had.

Sorry but 10 is too much for an alpha in my opinion, especially with the issues the mod has had.

yea thats why i said "no more than"

Rocket has mentioned the number '15' (as in 'starting at') quite a few times already...

Identical excuse that DICE/EA gave after a question about modding tools for Battlefield 3.

Use your brain not your fingers.

Well time will tell, but I think that Rocket's strategy and intents can't be compared to EA ones. For me their positions are rather contradictory.

it is borring to fight brainless zeds to get to NW airport, get weapon and just delete the game when you sucseed.

the game is all about to survive! so after u get to nw airport to equip urself with weapons you are able to fight the bandits or help the noobs! it makes fun to infiltrate other bases, starting big fights against 5 or more peoples but then it sucks to play this on dayz alpha while everyone is able to serverhopp/ghost away serverhopp back, kill from behind!

the game can be fun, much more fun once it is stable!

maybe they should add an option where you want to spawn! there are a few bigger cities

Zelenogorsk // Stary Sobor // Berezino // Krasnostav // Chernogorsk // Elektrozavodsk // Solnichniy // Kamyshovo

Edited by mischlig