griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

That's dumb. I was really looking forward to RV4, and I know many others, were looking forward to ragdolling zombies, and a overall better engine on RV4.

Awww, really?

I was looking forward to DayZ on RV4. :(

This is most excellent news!

I wonder how you will make use of the VR4 engine, if the dynamics of the zombies when you shoot them will be better for an example. It will be mostly intriguing to see how Rocket plays this role, how he will counter problems, what will exsist in the game, how will the designs look like, how buggy will it be and how interaction with other people will work. I do really hope he doesnt add any disadvantages for bandits, or even remove the feature... since I think its a fun thing. I hope he keeps the thrill of seeing someone else, and the outmost will and desperation to actually be the one to come out alive. I hope he keeps the nature that the game is more of a revelation of your true behavior, how paranoid can you be, your trust comes to play and the knowlage of whats at stake. And how many weapons will there be?

well anyway great news! just hope my pc will cope with this or that I'll buy a new one till then.

Yeah, that's the name of the engine, so what?

it was meant for those who get confused with all this: engine here, engine there, arma 2, arma 3, arma 2.5..

the Real Virtuality engine for DayZ will have the good from the Arma2 version + new features from the Arma 3 version

but it won't be neither of these two it will be DayZ

and I kind of think it is even better this way

*snip*

Cant understand shit, but u left your phone number in the end of the message? dafuk?

Edited by Max Planck
Don't quote spambots please

How dumb could I have been. Never noticed this before, you just broke everything down to the essential points.

Thanks ererneviele!

Awesome, but how about fixing the fact the tents and vehicles dont save. That would be a great start because if the game doesn't work properly I'm not sure how many people will buy it.

• Like 1

Awesome, but how about fixing the fact the tents and vehicles dont save. That would be a great start because if the game doesn't work properly I'm not sure how many people will buy it.

I imagine they're working on that.

For a game that takes patience, the community sure doesn't exercise it.

OT: Really excited to see what's in store for the future of this game. I'm glad they were given the opprotunity to do this.

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

yes but some hackers spend alot of money for their hacks so money may not be the issue. and $80? really?

So does this mean that they will leave ARMA 3 alone? I don't want a MilSim to be just a catalyst for a mod, rather than being a damn fine sim.

I'm all for DayZ having it's own game, it means less trigger happy people flood the only Arma 3 servers.

So does this mean that they will leave ARMA 3 alone? I don't want a MilSim to be just a catalyst for a mod, rather than being a damn fine sim.

I'm all for DayZ having it's own game, it means less trigger happy people flood the only Arma 3 servers.

If you mean dayz will be released separtely, yes.

Here's my 2c on the matter, and it's vaguely addressed towards the players that complain about bugs/hackers and the grumbling that "Rocket will have to work harder when we pay for the standalone instead of releasing fucked builds"

My understanding of DayZ is that it's a spit-and-tape mod slapped together using client-side scripting. That's why it's so easy to hack. It's probably also why it's so horribly buggy. The fact that Rocket managed to get that to (mostly) play nice with the Hive is incredible. He's wrangled client-side scripting to read/upload data to a remote server for one million unique users. You can guarantee that was never within BI's scope when they made the game script-friendly.

So my point is this; how do you think he's gonna do with carte-blanche control of an engine?

• Like 3

So...NOT going to use the ArmA 3 engine? That just seems like a really bad idea. Unless you can create the features of ArmA 3 into ArmA 2. There are just so many things coming with ArmA 3 that just NEED to be in DayZ. Gun customizations to start...

So...NOT going to use the ArmA 3 engine? That just seems like a really bad idea. Unless you can create the features of ArmA 3 into ArmA 2. There are just so many things coming with ArmA 3 that just NEED to be in DayZ. Gun customizations to start...

Read the thread. Since the Arma III engine is largely a ramped-up version of the previous engine, most of the features are backwards compatible. DayZ is using a hybrid engine colloquially known as 2+. Whatever features are particularly useful to DayZ (weapon customization) can be implemented, whilst those that are superfluous eye-candy (DX11 lighting) can be left out. Which isn't to say I'm an authority on what parts of the engine will be implemented, I could have it completely wrong and DayZ will be largely on the Arma II engine but prettier. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hi guys, dev team,

will there be the lingor island map for the standalone too? It is my favourite map for this mod: More action,

way better loot, all open houses and the landscape is awesome! I hope you give us the choice to play chernarus or lingor. Otherwise I hope the lingor guys will have the possibility to implement the map into the standalone.

Sorry for my bad english.

With best regards

but

Hi guys, dev team,

will there be the lingor island map for the standalone too? It is my favourite map for this mod: More action,

way better loot, all open houses and the landscape is awesome! I hope you give us the choice to play chernarus or lingor. Otherwise I hope the lingor guys will have the possibility to implement the map into the standalone.

Sorry for my bad english.

With best regards

but

I know they plan to launch the stand-alone with the Chenarus+ map which is bigger than the one in the mod and has more enterable structures, other maps are also planned for in the future but I doubt they will include Lingor but most probably something just like it.

Hah, looking forward to travelling between maps, finally some usage for boats!

I know they plan to launch the stand-alone with the Chenarus+ map which is bigger than the one in the mod and has more enterable structures, other maps are also planned for in the future but I doubt they will include Lingor but most probably something just like it.

I have the feeling that Lingor is too fast paced. You get the good loot too quickly (so many military loot spawnpoints!). I think if Chernarus has more enterable buildings, than we get a pretty nice balance.

I have the feeling that Lingor is too fast paced. You get the good loot too quickly (so many military loot spawnpoints!). I think if Chernarus has more enterable buildings, than we get a pretty nice balance.

I know what you mean, but for me the game is a full pvp game with some anoying infected guys. Thats why i love lingor, all got the option to get fast equiped. Very less spawn camping, but all over the map i meet (hit) people or they meet (hit) me :lol: . I am an old stubborn CS1.6 player. This game will always be a PVP FP Shooter for me B).

Thats why i love lingor!

Best regards

but

I support the Lingor guys but the map is too small for my play style. There is no place for me to run away from players and survive in the woods. Before being killed by a hacker I had a 20 y/o day character with only two murders in self-defense!

No idea, but Im really hoping for a new custom map. There is too much meta-gaming.

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

Amen to that, meta gaming ruins nearly every competetive game. I hope Rocket continues to conceal confirmed spawn points for vehicles, possibly randomize them to prevent server hopping. Also maybe not always giving all of the details every update would keep a bit of mystery :3