griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I wonder what you consider a "good" computer? You don't get much more than the worst piece of crap on the market for 600 USD.... I spent maybe 1700-2000 USD (roughly do not know what the exchange rate was at the time) on my current computer (including monitor) and it wasn't even high end when it was new, would easily have to spend the double for a really good one.

You dun goofed. I wouldn't count the monitor as you buy that only once really. My 4 year old computer that I paid ~ 600$ back then can run everything maxed out, except no AA, VSync, post process effects and object details on middle as these 4 make visually close to no difference @ 1920x1200 with decent frames.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

You should really be leap-frogging your PC upgrades...that's the benefit of owning a PC.

Upgrade 1 component 1 year, and upgrade another, another year...and so on. I usually do RAM/GPU one year, mobo/CPU another year

Link to a compilation of answers Rocket gave on the standalone: http://dayzhq.com/ne...the-standalone/

edit: Also not listed in that link related to the standalone is Rocket answered somebody's suggestion that he make a list of what will be in the standalone alpha and not be released in the mod before then and he said he would.

Edited by Chaos5061

I wonder what you consider a "good" computer? You don't get much more than the worst piece of crap on the market for 600 USD.... I spent maybe 1700-2000 USD (roughly do not know what the exchange rate was at the time) on my current computer (including monitor) and it wasn't even high end when it was new, would easily have to spend the double for a really good one.

It's odd you're not sure how much you spent....but anyway....

LIST HARDWARE PLEASE :)

A good computer in my opinion should be able to play any AAA game at very high settings at least @1920x1080. How the hell can you get one for USD600 when a decent mid-range video card alone goes around 300 bucks and realistically you need two for a SLI setup or you will be forced to downgrade graphics. I'd say 2K is the sweet spot but you may go much higher and I'm not talking overpriced Alienware bs, just assembling the PC from the parts you get online at lowest prices.

A good computer in my opinion should be able to play any AAA game at very high settings at least @1920x1080. How the hell can you get one for USD600 when a decent mid-range video card alone goes around 300 bucks and realistically you need two for a SLI setup or you will be forced to downgrade graphics. I'd say 2K is the sweet spot but you may go much higher and I'm not talking overpriced Alienware bs, just assembling the PC from the parts you get online at lowest prices.

What are you talking about? Mid-range video card goes around 120-160 bucks. I don't like going off-topic and derailing this thread but take a look at this just as an example: 600$ gaming build If you want something really good, pay another 100-150$ for the graphics card and 100-150$ more for the cpu, then you're at 800-900$. You then got a HD 7870 and an i5-3570K. You won't get much more performance even if you pay 3 times the price.

and look a bit around here: http://www.tomshardw...m/forum-13.html

Edited by DieBrotmafia
  • Like 1

It's odd you're not sure how much you spent....but anyway....

LIST HARDWARE PLEASE :)

Chieftec Smart Series 550W PSU

AMD Athlon II X4 630 AM3 (2.8 Ghz)

Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H, Socket-AM3

Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4BG KIT, CL9

Hitachi Deskstar P7K1000 500 GB, 7200RPM

XFX Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5

Creative SB X-Fi XtreamGamer

and with the screen BenQ 24" LCD G2412HD

Also used my old raptor hdd to store the OS on, so that one is not included in the price.

Ordered this just after xmas 2009 so the computer is almost 3 years old, I have also got few extra hdd's and upgraded the RAM while I had it.

I also just check the actual price I got it a bit wrong, it is 1550 USD (with today's exchange rate though).

This is obliviously bad spec's for today's standards and I need to get my self a new computer rather soon, with that said I really can't understand how the fuck you can get a _good_ (as in will run any current game on highest settings) computer for 600 USD.

Edited by Grodenn

I cannot wait to ragdoll 5+ zombos with a jeep. Honestly I don't think people have discussed the physics benefit of the VR4 engine enough. No more cars warping through obstacles and then blowing up 20 feet down the road. No more zombies taking 3 steps after eating an AK round... I can't wait to mow down a pack of zombos with a shotgun and watch them fly back into each other.

Bring on VR4 and the standalone!

• Like 4

I've read most pages of this 35 page long topic, and I haven't seen it asked anywhere.

Realistically, how many players could a server have if it does use a slightly changed ArmA3 engine?

I've been playing a bit on the 80 player server, and whilst at times it can be very frustrating it can also be super fun.

The more the merrier it seems to me, to an extent.

I've read most pages of this 35 page long topic, and I haven't seen it asked anywhere.

Realistically, how many players could a server have if it does use a slightly changed ArmA3 engine?

I've been playing a bit on the 80 player server, and whilst at times it can be very frustrating it can also be super fun.

The more the merrier it seems to me, to an extent.

Rocket on Reddit said 100 - 200 people and he is planning on making a larger map.

• Like 3

"DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model."

Ok then its muste the same Price as Minecraft! :)

Will the standalone be available on Steam?

Hopefully!

I cant wait for the physics to be introduced to this! eat grenade sniper noob!! BOOOOM!!

FLY PRETTY BIRDY FLLLYYYY!

Would love to see more regular blog updates (maybe once a week) regarding the development of the game.

Not just, [x] feature added, something else fixed - But actual technical information, problems and challenges that either need to be overcome or are being planned out right now. Things like programming solutions, design aspects, new art/models/UI concepts, engine modifications etc.

I know writing a blog post only adds to the amount of work, but it shouldn't be a problem to make a weekly development blog update.

ragdoll physics will probably be the best thing introduced in to the Arma engine

• Like 2

ragdoll physics will probably be the best thing introduced in to the Arma engine

Amen

Do you know if its gonna have underwater zombies griff? ............................. I kid I kid :lol:

Amen

Do you know if its gonna have underwater zombies griff? ............................. I kid I kid :lol:

yes and instead of dogs as companions you have turtles

Edited by Onaturi