griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

LMAO. 20 bucks and you have been waiting all your ? last of the big spenders

LMAO. 20 bucks and you have been waiting all your ? last of the big spenders

LOL WHUEUAEUAHEUHEAUHEH this game shouldn't even be 20 dollars.

Its not about big spenders its about paying money for a buggy game that's in alpha.

At the start of this thread, there stood "same engine as arma 3" in the opening post. Now that sentence is gone.

I'm wondering what the difference between the standalone game and the mod is going to be.

Just stay away from consoles and we will be good.

• Like 2

Less than you pay to go and see a two hour movie?! This mod has already given me more enjoyment and more missed sleep than just about any full priced game I've purchased in years. I think that the mod itself is more than worth a $60 price tag that everyone else charges for a full game. I understand that there are problems with glitches and hackers at the moment but the fact that despite these issues the game is still more engrossing than just about anything else out there shows the genius behind this game. When judging the worth of something you should look at what benefit you get from it rather than what's wrong with it. I purchased Arma II just to play this mod and if the game stopped running now I would not be able to honestly say that I had not gotten my moneys worth.

I would like to thank the dev team for making something new instead of just the same rehashed shit we've been getting for the last umpteen years, hopefully other developers will take note and realise that there is money to be made by making something new instead of just releasing another COD or FIFA every twelve months.

wut? $60? are you kidding? I'll never buy any game at this price. $10 - 20 it's enough money for already maden engine and concept, only thing they need to do to polish the game.

At the start of this thread, there stood "same engine as arma 3" in the opening post. Now that sentence is gone.

Wow! That means we still have a chance for Cryengine 3!

I agree with many gentle creatures here. Put a price tag big enough, and perma ban hackers, I would imagine it hard whining to parents to buy

the same 80$ game cause the lil sweetheart hacked some.. pretty please?

wut? $60? are you kidding? I'll never buy any game at this price. $10 - 20 it's enough money for already maden engine and concept, only thing they need to do to polish the game.

lol...oh boy...

$60 is a good pricepoint for the game.

Congrats on going standalone. Personally I wish to see it on the ArmA 3 engine. Crytech 3 would be cool but I doubt you could get the same map size and flexibility with it.

Edited by Vertisce

yes, it is easy to hack, somehow I don't think the Razor1911 team dedicated themselves to cracking DayZ.

I'm saying this game didn't come packaged with hacks. It wasn't until more people played this game, did hackers become a problem.

I'll also add an assumption that the main audience that played the Arma brand of games

had more of an interest in playing the game legitimately, where as the DayZ mod,

(a layer on top of the Arma II game), has attracted a whole new audience,

many of whom like to cheat in games.

So I'm guessing that cheating was never really an issue before, as the Arma audience has a completely different mindset for gameplay.

So the Arma brand had less of an issue with cheaters.

It just was not as prevalent.

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

I pre-ordered ArmA 2 CO and would pre-order DayZ given the option. Personally, I bought it for ACE and would love to see some sort of bundle deal i.e. save 10 percent if purchasing DayZ and ArmA 3 together. Just a thought.

Less than you pay to go and see a two hour movie?! This mod has already given me more enjoyment and more missed sleep than just about any full priced game I've purchased in years. I think that the mod itself is more than worth a $60 price tag that everyone else charges for a full game. I understand that there are problems with glitches and hackers at the moment but the fact that despite these issues the game is still more engrossing than just about anything else out there shows the genius behind this game. When judging the worth of something you should look at what benefit you get from it rather than what's wrong with it. I purchased Arma II just to play this mod and if the game stopped running now I would not be able to honestly say that I had not gotten my moneys worth.

I would like to thank the dev team for making something new instead of just the same rehashed shit we've been getting for the last umpteen years, hopefully other developers will take note and realise that there is money to be made by making something new instead of just releasing another COD or FIFA every twelve months.

every 2 hour movie i ever seen, i got to see it straight away.. i didnt have fucking wait 25 mintues before seeing it. and sometimes not see it at all. DayZ is a 60 dollar game ONLY in its finished state. and the mod is a million miles from that.

• Like 2

What I find awesome is that when the game comes out we can say "Yeah, we were here when this game was a free mod, merely in alpha, we rode through them bugs and what not, and still, we are here. Stealing yo' beans."

• Like 1

every 2 hour movie i ever seen, i got to see it straight away.. i didnt have fucking wait 25 mintues before seeing it. and sometimes not see it at all. DayZ is a 60 dollar game ONLY in its finished state. and the mod is a million miles from that.

Most 2 hour movies I have watched, I had to wait a few months (some movies longer) , after the initial preview came out.

Just saying................

I probably wont buy the standalone. Only reason I wont is hackers. They will be a problem in that game and there will probably be no way to stop them...

Unless they change anticheats

Yes do you have a problem with that?

Paying for an unfinished product isn't wrong, you can help the devs, you get a discounted price, and because of you the game can be better at release, see it like pre-ordering but then for less money, and for a better result. stop moaning about buying a game that's fucking awesome, I have many games on steam which I haven't played yet, and I don't feel bad about that, so why not pay a little for a game which is amazing? stop crying..

Dude do me a Favour and think before answering a post. I Just asked i simple question i did not moan or cry about anything . People like you ... first punch him in the face and then start to think * golfclap* for you

I bought the second gun for nothing? I played for 10 days, by the way is with BUG 1.2.7.4 [Horrible texture].

UPDATE DAYZ MOD 1.2.7.5 ARMA 2 or BYE dayz !!!!!!!!!!! >:(

• Like 1

Great news, I hope the dayz team and BI can make it to a good product but I think they will, in 3 months over a million players for a buggy mod? this is gonna be so popular when its done. Cant wait..

Edited by Mezeberelk

My issue with this "Standalone are the following specs given from BI and DayZ directly"

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknow

So essentially my issue is they PLAN to release a game at a retail price *following mine craft business plan* for about $15-25.00 IMO. They also plan to release this as an ALPHA build. My issue with it is the fact that BI KNOWS they made millions already from Arma 2 AO that they would NOT have made because of this mod. I am not complaining, I am pointing out the fact that they already made a crap load of cash they wouldn't have if this mod hadn't existed. NOW they plan to RE-RELEASE, the same product, an Alpha "game" as a Standalone to REMAKE the same money they got from this game/mod without improving the many flaws that currently exist? They say they are planning to use the Minecraft pricing and development model, sure that is a good way of saying " The game will NOT be finished upon release and there will be a ton of continues updates because we are in a rush to push a release to get the money while this game is popular." That is all I got from this press release. I will not be spending any of my cash on a "alpha" game if they do not fix the hacking, glitching and bugs that currently plague the DayZ mod. The only real benefit to all this is that it gets direct support from BI, which I am sure its had for a while now.

Edited by Infidel86
  • Like 2

So essentially my issue is they PLAN to release a game at a retail price *following mine craft business plan* for about $15-25.00 IMO. They also plan to release this as an ALPHA build. My issue with it is the fact that BI KNOWS they made millions already from Arma 2 AO that they would NOT have made because of this mod. I am not complaining, I am pointing out the fact that they already made a crap load of cash they wouldn't have if this mod hadn't existed. NOW they plan to RE-RELEASE, the same product, an Alpha "game" as a Standalone to REMAKE the same money they got from this game/mod without improving the many flaws that currently exist? They say they are planning to use the Minecraft pricing and development model, sure that is a good way of saying " The game will NOT be finished upon release and there will be a ton of continues updates because we are in a rush to push a release to get the money while this game is popular." That is all I got from this press release. I will not be spending any of my cash on a "alpha" game if they do not fix the hacking, glitching and bugs that currently plague the DayZ mod. The only real benefit to all this is that it gets direct support from BI, which I am sure its had for a while now.

I just don't know where to begin with your argument

Edited by Griff
  • Like 4

My issue with this "Standalone are the following specs given from BI and DayZ directly"

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknow

+1

Good news. I've owned and played the whole series from Operation Flashpoint through to ArmA2 and all the DLCs. DayZ was just a great idea and I look forward to buying it. I'm alo looking forward to ArmA3. I thought that the DayZ stuff might have been included in ArmA3 as a game-mode, but a standalong game is good too. I hope Bohemia Interactive see this whole process as a reward for encouraging modding and continue to support mods fully. Other developers and companies should learn a lot from this.... you know... the ones who made their money developing mod-friendly PC games and then jumped ship and started putting out badly ported console games.

Things that I dislike and hope have no place in a DayZ standalone game are:

• Anything to do with consoles.
  • Any watering down of the realism aspects present in the ArmA games.
  • A jump key. I'd love to see someone carrying a weapon, a belt kit and a loaded military backpack jumping and leaping over things. The method of crossing obstacles in the present mod is more than enough.
  • Too many aspects creeping in from MMORPGs. I hate seeing terms like PvP and the like.
  • Any form of microtransaction BS where people pay more money for in game items.
  • Cheats. They need to go. I can't understand how they get away with half the stuff they do at the moment.
  • The current free mod holding back the development of the standalone.
  • The standalone holding back the development of ArmA3.
  • I also dislike third-person view... it borders on cheating... being able to see around corners and over obstacles as if by magic. Google TrackIR... it's worth it, and I hope the standalone game has full TrackIR support :)

Apart from that small list I'm easily pleased.

• Like 1