griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Hopefully the people with not good computers will be able to run the stand alone dayz

• Like 1

When are they going to fix the hacking issues, next patch 7.2.4? I hope so, I think that needs to be addressed before anything else, maybe with this stand alone they can use the engine and cut off the scripts being executed. Rocket can you confirm this? or anyone else on the Dev team?

Thanks

Edited by Pure

Khaos Gaming Question:

Khaos Gaming is a growing community and I wanted to ask if there will be a gift feature that way I am able to buy multiple games and do game giveaways to help spread the game.

You mean the website that YOU people made? Unless Bohemia Interactive claims DayZ as part of it's own I'm calling bullshit.

Well, then how about you try the official Bohemia Interactive forums -> http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2203037

Notice the job title of the guy posting this (Maruk aka Marek Spanel)?

Edited by Welsch

/sarcasm So this is going to use Unreal Engine 4, right? ;)

*edit: I really just wanted to say that to confuse the people obsessing over the game engine. It'll be on whatever engine it'll be on. I don't think that will affect whether or not you're going to buy it.

Edited by GiggityGump
  • Like 1

/sarcasm So this is going to use Unreal Engine 4, right? ;)

*edit: I really just wanted to say that to confuse the people obsessing over the game engine. It'll be on whatever engine it'll be on. I don't think that will affect whether or not you're going to buy it.

This, beans fine sir.

I'm curious about zombies in the standalone. Will they only spawn around buildings as they do in the mod, or will we occasionally find random zombies wandering around the wilderness as well (either individually, or as a small 'herd' of 10 or so)?

So many excited people, expressing their excitement in so many different ways. ;)

Beans for everyone! :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Edited by Cyanyde

This is the first game i would donate to, too see it get off the ground. Defiantly going to buy it.

Mod support for a mod / turn standalone. That actually a good idea. BUT only if Rocket makes it still have balanced game play.

Would love to see end game and way more players helping each other. End game of dayz right now is player hunting.

An with a locked engine, hopefully way less hackers. I know people with no hacking ability making small scripts for this game. Usually to get gear. Its to simple.

Ah, another thing I just thought of. Nametags. In the mod the server either has them on and you can randomly find someone from 200m away just by accidentally moving your view over them, or they are off. One thing I think would be great for the game is if they were to show a nametag if you stared at someone for a second or two who were within 10m. That would simulate facial recognition, without the accidental discovering people that happen in the mod.

• Like 1

Isn't the Arma 3 engine just an updated Arma 2 engine? If so, couldn't the current map we are playing DayZ on be ported over to the updated engine, be expanded on, visually improved and have more content added to it?

If that was the case I would be more than happy. It would also be great if it was a completely new location built from the ground up, or if we had the choice of multiple locations in the stand alone game.

Also, to anyone chirping about that other game. Show me that other game in action. Show me some gameplay. All I have seen are a few screenshots that didn't really impress me and a load of generic, restrictive features that I wouldn't want in DayZ...

I've played the core game of DayZ and I love it. I have heard what Rocket and Co. have in store and I have full confidence that they will deliver something original and awesome and that it will just get better and better...As long as they make this game a survival sim first and foremost, they can't really fail.

*EDIT* Haha...Nice word filter. "that other game" ;)

Edited by soapmak3r

I just threw a wad of cash on my computer screen.

Nothing has happened.

• Like 1

Im going to buy 1 for me, my moma, my little brother, my gardner, my wife, my pappy and whoever else wants a copy! Good work Dayz team hope you guys become billionaires

I've purchased arma2/OA, both dlcs and the maps :) My Platinum Visa is on stand by to throw more cash at BI.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Ooooh just thought of a question:

Would this be released on Steam?

Good. Fucking. Question.
  • Like 1

Awesome news guys!

Hope you add mod support!

Wouldnt it be funny if someone modded DayZ and in a few years time it does for DayZ what DayZ did for Arma 2.

Yeah, i know....hilarious!

A steam release would be wonderful for VAC, as well as the wide distribution to consumers (it's the largest online game distributor in the world), we can only hope.

Either way buying a copy, so that's settled. Yeaaaaa

Edited by bonesnap

A steam release would be wonderful for VAC, as well as the wide distribution to consumers (it's the largest online game distributor in the world), we can only hope.

Either way buying a copy, so that's settled. Yeaaaaa

I hope not, if you are in the US steam is great, if you are in EU steam is stealing your money. Why? because 1$ =/= 1€.

Why should some people pay 20$ for a game while others have to pay 20€.

Wouldnt it be funny if someone modded DayZ and in a few years time it does for DayZ what DayZ did for Arma 2.

Yeah, i know....hilarious!

A mod within a mod

Its mod inception... whoa, mind blown

Edited by DimaKarpa