griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

From what I took from Rocket's update, they are being held back solely by stake holders. If this is true, it's pretty obvious why he hasn't clearly said what is going on. I mean really, if this is indeed the case, do you expect him to say "hey the alpha is done but steam is dragging their feet" or "The standalone alpha is good to go but "insert business partner's name here" is holding us up". You can't bash your business partners no matter who is to blame, you risk losing them and you damage trust/relations between current and future partners.

If I'm wrong and they actually just aren't on track for their planned release, then I agree, the statement should be made.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 2

Does Rocket not know that the world is ending in a couple of days? Fuck, at this rate none of us gonna get our hands on DayZ.

Great to see that myspace Tom supports DayZ! :)

Just a reminder to all,,,, please stay on topic.

Thread cleaned (again).

When there is some news I'm pretty sure this will be one of the first places to be updated.

Thanks.

Why not just lock this thread untill there is news?

Surely that would stop people from refreshing this page to see if the next post is "THE ONE".

• Like 2

Why not just lock this thread untill there is news?

Because people will go and spread the discussion to several other threads. Better keep it all here I'd say. Besides, some people here do state valid points regarding the last few reddit messages by Rocket.

• Like 1

COME ON!!!

Edited by DopeR
  • Like 5

It's frustrating guys i know. But seriously, if you haven't already, go try out the Namalsk map. It's flipping great! Gonna have to release a series of videos on this whilst we're waiting for the standalone.

• Like 1

Is this thread about fcken Namalsk map?

Nobody care's, go make new thread about it.

• Like 3

Yes Budheads, Rocket has mentioned SA optimization several times. Perfomance will be improved noticeably from what I've seen.

nice!, im not expecting too much, but atleast some improvement will be good.

From what I took from Rocket's update, they are being held back solely by stake holders. If this is true, it's pretty obvious why he hasn't clearly said what is going on. I mean really, if this is indeed the case, do you expect him to say "hey the alpha is done but steam is dragging their feet" or "The standalone alpha is good to go but "insert business partner's name here" is holding us up". You can't bash your business partners no matter who is to blame, you risk losing them and you damage trust/relations between current and future partners.

If I'm wrong and they actually just aren't on track for their planned release, then I agree, the statement should be made.

This is possibly the easiest statement to make in the business world without offending anyone. Watch this.

I know everyone is anxious to have an update on the standalone version of DayZ. Nobody is more excited about this product than myself and the development team. I apologize for the lack of information being shared with the community. I felt it was necessary in order to prevent third parties from utilizing some of our exciting new features before we can become established.

Development for foundation release is in a ready state. By that, I do not mean that the game is it's final state, as it will continuously be upgraded and made better. We are currently working with our distribution pipelines to ensure a smooth launch. We do not currently have an exact date for release, as this is a very delicate process with a lot of stakeholders who play an important part in this release.

At this moment we do not have an exact date for release, but our distributors and the development team are working day in and day out to get a product out that meets your expectations as well as ours. If there is any delay, rest assured that you will be among the first to know.

Just know that the infected are coming, and they are coming soon. Be ready!

edit: That statement could have been better, but I wrote it in less than 1 minute.

Edited by Xainn
  • Like 3

The fact that Rocket is using Reddit as his primary method of communication while ignoring Twitter, his dedicated development blog, and even his own mods dedicated forum really makes me question his management skills. Guess it is just safer over there with the Rocket groupies. BIS needs to hire a PR/marketing person stat.

Naturally, the release date which they're keeping a secret, is 12.21.12....the end of the world...the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, Day 0.

namalsk blow get over it if i wanted to own kids in this map i would have played it cherno all the way

The fact that Rocket is using Reddit as his primary method of communication while ignoring Twitter, his dedicated development blog, and even his own mods dedicated forum really makes me question his management skills. Guess it is just safer over there with the Rocket groupies. BIS needs to hire a PR/marketing person stat.

He is still a human being and he communicates whereever he wants to. He still posts official announcements in devblog and on forums as well. And he responds on forums too from time to time.

The Steam winter sale is rumored to begin tomorrow December 20th, and end on January 4th. To me this means no standalone release until after the sale, or maybe a release on the sale with a discount making the sales even larger, but I really do not see it being released in December. I hope I'm wrong.

Naturally, the release date which they're keeping a secret, is 12.21.12....the end of the world...the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, Day 0.

Come on Rocket... We are Friendly ;) We Come in Peace, no weapon, we have food, and water, be confident !

Tell us some NEWS we wont SHOOT YOU !

Friendly !

You say this will be released as Minecraft was, and also priced. Does this mean it'll be around $20.00 and be bumped up a little when the official release comes out?

• Like 1

You say this will be released as Minecraft was, and also priced. Does this mean it'll be around $20.00 and be bumped up a little when the official release comes out?

heres your price from rockets twitter

• Like 3

Now seems like a pretty good time to make a standalone annoucment Rocket. Just sayin'

one part of me says yes to that. But there is a part of me that says announce it, but release it in a month or so. Reason expectations. We are all thinking dayz SA will be great but truth is we are hyping that up. If dayz Sa is rubbish or only 1 thing is off like false promises on steampages, it will be shotdown as heavily as Warz is now. I do think Dayz SA will be better then it, but cause of the Warz there is now a really big minefield out there.

• Like 1