griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

It seems you have nothing to say. Just take this post for example. All you have given us so far is an insinuation that you expect developers to entertain you constantly whilst simultaneously developing their game.

*Laugh my hairy ass off and dropped to darkness happy and smiling*

*Laugh my hairy ass off and dropped to darkness happy and smiling*

+1 ;D

When I heard about dayz becoming a standalone and rumoured to be based on the arma 3 engine I was excited because the arma 3 demos look amazing. Since dayz standalone is going to be closer to arma 2 engine than arma 3, I wonder if someone will mod arma 3 as well. By the way, what exactly will be different in the new standalone game? The screenshots show the same graphics, some decoration inside the buildings, but is that it? I mean to ask what reasons are there for someone moving from the mod to the game? Cheers.

Edited by thegreatescape

After playing on Namalsk I find going back to Chenarus to look too bright and cheery.I really hope the SA gets the "Road" look Rocket mentioned.And if the SA rules then I will buy the retail product just as a way to show that a dream game style has emerged.Now if Rocket were to then make offset games based on the Dayz engine but with different back stories then I will buy all of them also. :)

The Road is set in a situation with no animals or vegetation. I wouldn't expect DayZ to look like that

When I heard about dayz becoming a standalone and rumoured to be based on the arma 3 engine I was excited because the arma 3 demos look amazing. Since dayz standalone is going to be closer to arma 2 engine than arma 3, I wonder if someone will mod arma 3 as well. By the way, what exactly will be different in the new standalone game? The screenshots show the same graphics, some decoration inside the buildings, but is that it? I mean to ask what reasons are there for someone moving from the mod to the game? Cheers.

The biggest thing they have done in preparation for the first release is mostly under-the-hood. It probably wont blow you away at first, but trust me it's a vast improvement.

i heard the stand alone is meant to be out by the xmas rush on games? can anyone confirm at all?

Soooo, this has been asked before, but not in the last few pages. Any word on an ETA for the standalone? I hope before 2013 honestly. I'd rather have a broken version of the standalone than a "good alpha MOD" anymore.

This is the easyest thing to find out, people are just too lazy... almost any interview from you tube from rocket regarding the standalone give you that answer...

Not to strain you too much here is the answer: BEFORE the end of year 2012!

ps. and this info has been up like as long as the word about the standalone.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

This is the easyest thing to find out, people are just too lazy... almost any interview from you tube from rocket regarding the standalone give you that answer...

Not to strain you too much here is the answer: BEFORE the end of year 2012!

ps. and this info has been up like as long as the word about the standalone.

take it easy princess... maybe not everyone is as internet savvy as u are...

I also heard rumors about December this year. I hope we get some undeads under the christmas tree. I am waiting sooo badly for this game. (and just to make clear: WarZ is no competition for DayZ,)! I only want to play DayZ standalone. If we won't get the game until December I will turn into a zombie. And Rocket is completely responsible for that! ;)

Did notice that hatchets have to be reloaded?

Did notice that hatchets have to be reloaded?

Reloading hatched is super realisticcc (sharpening). Would awfull to hack zeds with blunt axe... <_<

This princess is mad because the lazy people.

Edited by Zeppa

Being a newcomer to DayZ, I'm curious... will this mean development on the Mod side of things will disappear and it will continue to be in an alpha state or will updates continue to happen?

Second question, what precisely are or will be the differences between a pay-for package vs the mod? What will drive me to BUY a product when I can play a mod? What are the benefits over mod vs pay for product? Will the stand-alone run just as well on older hardware (in my case a QX9650 on a 780i SLI with a GTX280 and 8GB of RAM) like the mod is currently?

Might be nice to put that information into the OP as to actually inform people of why it might be a good idea to invest. All I'm seeing right now are a bunch of people that are, please don't take this the wrong way - no disrespect intended, fanboys, and are willing to put money down without a concrete idea of why they're even buying the product. I get it, I've been there before myself with other games, however, being that I'm new to DayZ (and do really enjoy the game) I'd like to know why buying (aside from just giving some cash to the devs :) ) is a good idea.

I would like to say in response to:

It seems you have nothing to say. Just take this post for example. All you have given us so far is an insinuation that you expect developers to entertain you constantly whilst simultaneously developing their game.

That's a bit ignorant, lol. Two lots of screenshots have been released showing some of the new areas of Chernaraus Plus.

Post Hoc makes a valid point, albeit maybe stating rather offensively... Me being relatively new to DayZ, the OP did not provide much and was pretty much just "fluff" and not informative at all? If a thread is worth an "announcement" it might behoove the owner of the thread to give some more detailed information? It has nothing to do with "expecting to be entertained" or being "ignorant". It's an announcement thread, it's supposed to be used to provide information about a topic. There seems to have been enough threads about a "standalone project" that it was pretty much a given and assumed that we knew a standalone was due. However, announcing that it will have a price point and not releasing more information ABOUT the PRODUCT we are BUYING or are being PRESENTED TO BUY, that's rather passe/ignorant on the original thread starter, wouldn't you say? Not very good marketing in my opinion...

Edited by sniperdoc

The mod will continue to be supported alongside the standalone game. If you don't want to buy the standalone and would like to keep playing the mod, that's absolutely fine.

The standalone will have much better anticheat support, less bugs (due to it having it's own engine and not trying to make the ArmA 2 engine do things that it doesn't want to do, lol) and obviously will be able to go above and beyond the limitations of the current engine, i.e. new interfaces, medical system, inventory system etc.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Rocket twitted that he's going to NZ for few weeks in December. It can mean two things 1. The standalone will be released in early December or 2. The standalone will be postponed....

The mod will continue to be supported alongside the standalone game. If you don't want to buy the standalone and would like to keep playing the mod, that's absolutely fine.

The standalone will have much better anticheat support, less bugs (due to it having it's own engine and not trying to make the ArmA 2 engine do things that it doesn't want to do, lol) and obviously will be able to go above and beyond the limitations of the current engine, i.e. new interfaces, medical system, inventory system etc.

Thanks mZLY. I'd be interested in seeing some more details about the standalone, i.e. more concrete information, such as system specs and what not. I'm excited for everyone about the standalone, but also curious if my aging system can handle it and whether the excitement is warranted for me... xD

Being a newcomer to DayZ, I'm curious... will this mean development on the Mod side of things will disappear and it will continue to be in an alpha state or will updates continue to happen?

Second question, what precisely are or will be the differences between a pay-for package vs the mod? What will drive me to BUY a product when I can play a mod? What are the benefits over mod vs pay for product? Will the stand-alone run just as well on older hardware (in my case a QX9650 on a 780i SLI with a GTX280 and 8GB of RAM) like the mod is currently?

Might be nice to put that information into the OP as to actually inform people of why it might be a good idea to invest. All I'm seeing right now are a bunch of people that are, please don't take this the wrong way - no disrespect intended, fanboys, and are willing to put money down without a concrete idea of why they're even buying the product. I get it, I've been there before myself with other games, however, being that I'm new to DayZ (and do really enjoy the game) I'd like to know why buying (aside from just giving some cash to the devs :) ) is a good idea.

I would like to say in response to:

Post Hoc makes a valid point, albeit maybe stating rather offensively... Me being relatively new to DayZ, the OP did not provide much and was pretty much just "fluff" and not informative at all? If a thread is worth an "announcement" it might behoove the owner of the thread to give some more detailed information? It has nothing to do with "expecting to be entertained" or being "ignorant". It's an announcement thread, it's supposed to be used to provide information about a topic. There seems to have been enough threads about a "standalone project" that it was pretty much a given and assumed that we knew a standalone was due. However, announcing that it will have a price point and not releasing more information ABOUT the PRODUCT we are BUYING or are being PRESENTED TO BUY, that's rather passe/ignorant on the original thread starter, wouldn't you say? Not very good marketing in my opinion...

Since Flashpoint til Arma 3-> Simply put we are dealing with iterations of Real Virtuality engine by BIS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_(game_engine)

As I generally understood - moving content between engines is kind of smooth, so developing on top of Arma 2/Take on Helicopters and migrating to Arma 3 is possible without being pain in the ass Not using version of engine for Arma 3 was explained, that previous engine is burned in and work as expected. A3 engine is still in development for the game.

So point of standalone is building on top of Take on Helicopters. I didnt play it, but point i get from reading is: It contains kind of hardcore mode for controling of helicopter. So I you find helicopter in dayZ, there is prability, that if you havent flight with chopper before, you will have ti learn it ingame hard way:-) I hope it will be like this, cause it is whole point of DayZ. You own skills, not skill tree. I learned basics about night sky, how to look for south with watches etc.. If this is route rocket follows, i am glad..

Another point of standalone and biggest reason for standalone are hackers. You need to rewrite how engine work. It will be more server oriented rather that client oriented. It will not save from hackers, but it will make them at best scarce. And you cannot make such changes withou breaking underlying engine on which Arma 2 is played. So standalone was best decision, once proof of conctept had been reached many month ago. More about engine here: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430567933/whatever-you-say-it-is-it-isnt

For lack of communication i am glad, lot of communication happed two month ago - so who followed the topic have quite accurate idea what will be going on with releasing standalone. Radio silence means, works is being done, PR later. Rocket has things to do after new year so it is not only pressure from community, but from himself to meet deadline before newyear. Otherwise he will have move his duties or continue game after pause and loose momentum.

Mod alone will be supported from developers. Interesting point will be merging features (game mechanics) from standalone with community oriented developement. From what I see, it is possible. But we will se, how it will workout.

• Like 4

Snip.

All you asked and much more are said several times, here let me give you a nice topic to check..

...well I cant "502 Bad Gateway", for some reason this forum is fkdup again and cant brownse it, If I remember the section right check dayz information. There was topic where rocket answered HUGE amount of questions asked by us.

No offence.. but most of the guys come here without bothering to seek what is already been said.

-Watch interviews about the mod and about the standalone to get the difference

-read forum info, there is lots of it.

Some of you just wait that someone will hand it to you. If you had done this you woudnt need to ask these questions.

Mostly new people that havent been around and havent seen the development and the news flowing, so you join now as its quiet when they are busy working with the game and think they havent given info...

Edited by Zeppa

Well hello! new member here and never played DayZ before..BUT i watched thousands of video's and yes! great news here :) can't wait for this!

hi i'm new. how do I buy game. i throw $10 bills at the screen,, insert checks in disc drive. not worked, it's making noises now. plz help.

nah now seriously, I'm jimmy wales can i have $5

now for real, can't wait for this to be released. specially after reading you actually need to know how to triangulate your position in the map, find out where's the north... sounds s-sweet. What do we know about player generated mission boards, bounty hunting? Ty everybody.

Edited by Itsnotcrazyuntilchachacha

Will the debug moniter be fixed?

Will it be back at all?

Will the debug moniter be fixed?

Will it be back at all?

From what I heard, they are going to do away with the debug monitor. They are trying to remove as much clutter from the screen as possible and use more visual cues instead. Whether this will be seen in the initial release or a later release, we don't know, but that is what's planned. We'll have to wait and see how things progress.

Edit: Refer to the thread where Rocket answers questions from the community and his tumblr for most of the released information about what is being worked on and what is planned.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38476-the-one-line-questions-for-rocket-thread/

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Edited by Lights Out

Ya know, even if they only make this game $10 if a fraction of the people that currently play buy it they will be making millions of dollars. And I don't play, but I know I will be purchasing this very early on. So add on the hundreds of people who didn't buy Arma 2 but will buy this.