griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Almost bought WarZ, good thing I read first some of its reviews. Will just play nba 2k13 before i say goodbye to my social life when this bad boy comes out. At least Dean told us that this will be released before winter =)

theres still gonna be hackers, battlefield has hacker. But if they solve the hacker problem the aimbot problem will come.

theres still gonna be hackers, battlefield has hacker. But if they solve the hacker problem the aimbot problem will come.

Lol COD. I doubt it. Really the only game I see that has frequent aimbotters is COD. I think I've seen one or two on battlefield. Never on the dayz mod.

It's more important that you see your enemy before they see you. That's why the hacks are more commonly ESP rather than aimbots.

so is there a estimated release date yet? (besides the end of the year)y

No, they're taking their sweet time developing a stable build. I don't mind it though, more time spent in development for me is the better. (besides, im having alot of fun at the Mod ATM, don't know why alot of people are complaining about hackers/scripters since it's been 2 weeks since i've been killed by one)

I really hope that some guys here will have the patience and give it a damn breathing space for the dev team.

So excited about this.

Please, just take all my beans (and my money) :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

No, they're taking their sweet time developing a stable build. I don't mind it though, more time spent in development for me is the better. (besides, im having alot of fun at the Mod ATM, don't know why alot of people are complaining about hackers/scripters since it's been 2 weeks since i've been killed by one)

I really hope that some guys here will have the patience and give it a damn breathing space for the dev team.

Making a game is like building a house. Theirs no point in building a house with a bunch of holes in the wall, and constantly patching them. Hence why many fear that warz is going to be bad. It was built with war incs engine, which is an unfinished house itself. Dayz is built in real virtuality, a tried and true engine. I'm happy rockets taking his time too, because it means it's going to be fun to play when it comes out.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

^^This is possible, i just hope what the Mayans predicted are not true =)

Ya make sure to release the game before akbar kony mayan zombie batman 2012 arrives to kill everyone on earth lol. I think its due sometime in november, from what rocket has said. About 3 to 4 weeks from now

New weather? Awesome. Can't wait.

I hope you (one day) make it snow, and we all freeze to death without shelter (At night to make it fair, or not...) In fact you should halve the number of heat packs, make wood 2x harder to gather, (have you ever tried to chop wood from a tree with a hatchet?) and make matches a limited use item. ;)

Then we can all celebrate a white DayZ Christmas while zombies chew on our frozen corpses like meat Popsicles and we can share gifts of gunfire and hails of lead.

P.S (Add Skis just for a laugh, and Molotovs so I can warm my frozen buddies up faster. That'll beat the cold.)

What does the "Arma 2.5 engine" mean? So, DayZ will never be ported to Amra 3 engine? That is disappointing. I was really looking forward to bigger maps and new lighting system.

• Like 1

What does the "Arma 2.5 engine" mean? So, DayZ will never be ported to Amra 3 engine? That is disappointing. I was really looking forward to bigger maps and new lighting system.

No, Arma 3 engine won't be used but some of the Arma 3 Engine Developers are developing DayZ too so we can expect some features of the engine in DayZ.

Standalone will NOT be using the new ARMA engine? Is that right?

It's using the Take on Helicopter's Engine. The Engine inbetween ARMA 2 and ARMA3.

It's using the Take on Helicopter's Engine. The Engine inbetween ARMA 2 and ARMA3.

Correction: It's using a bit of everything.

And I speculate here; it won't be too difficult for the development cycle to move towards Arma 3-esque engine in future releases...remember you guys will be getting the first version of a standalone game...by this time next year you could have version 2

• Like 2

P.S (Add Skis just for a laugh

Just for lulz? What, the fastest non-motorized offroad mode of transportation?

Just for lulz? What, the fastest non-motorized offroad mode of transportation?

In reality Ski's would be awesome. I've seen footage of Russian Special Forces using Ski's, Arctic Camo and AK-Ms to full effect.

In DayZ however, you could safely presume to add skiing to the list of fundamentally broken game mechanics, in which case, ski's would be a hilarious addition rather than a serious one, at least until they worked properly.

Edited by Fluffythecatslayer

Correction: It's using a bit of everything.

And I speculate here; it won't be too difficult for the development cycle to move towards Arma 3-esque engine in future releases...remember you guys will be getting the first version of a standalone game...by this time next year you could have version 2

just to be sure we only have to pay once for the stand alone right?

just to be sure we only have to pay once for the stand alone right?

Well I bought ARMA2 to play dayz, looks like i'll have to do that again if it's the same engine. Bohemia should give Dean etc access to the newest engine. If they don't, they can f-off.