griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

ill buy it if its the arma 3 engine,, otherwise 2 much hackers and script kiddies will ruin the game :D

The hacking is happening not because of the Arma 2 engine, but because the engine wasn't made for DayZ.

When the standalone comes they can make things different, like removing the unnecessary features from Arma that DayZ won't use, keeping only the relevant things for the game.

That will, of course, eliminate a lot of possibilities of hacking. There will be some hackers, maybe, but that happens in every game.

I would love the Arma 3 engine but not because of what you said, but because of the graphics! :P

In multiple interviews Rocket has said the initial standalone release will be out late September at best and worst case early October . So is this true ? Then he would implement the minecraft updateing style or whatever .

In multiple interviews Rocket has said the initial standalone release will be out late September at best and worst case early October . So is this true ? Then he would implement the minecraft updateing style or whatever .

I think he is releasing it on December, follow his twitter or read other post that contains Rocket answering questions about the standalone. :)

barely no1 will buy the game, the game needs some sort of END GAME it won't work otherwise people wil lget bored as most people already have pfff but u know nuffin aobut game making i understand SCRUBS

Minecraft didn't have an official 'end game' until strongholds and ender portals were released(1.0.0 i believe), just because it doesn't have an ending doesn't mean that it's bad. With Skyrim you can finish the main story line, but there are 1,000's of side quests that you would have to complete in order to hit complete 'end game.'

Edited by Leburgerking

36. Q: Any chance of a new island when you go Beta, specifically Taviana or Lingor? [skint]

A: For the alpha (december), no. I am hoping we sell 1, 2 million copies. Then we can get really ambitious... what use are islands when you have proce... I've said to much.... :P

Procedural maps? Hell yeah, Nothing beats the first time spawning in and exploring the unknown. Please make it so.

what do you mean by Procedural maps?

Standalone will never come, too easy to host your own servers now, why would anyone pay to do it?

Standalone will never come, too easy to host your own servers now, why would anyone pay to do it?

You wanna continue playing this buggy, unoptimized mod rather than better made(hopefully) standalone.. well, you do that.

You wanna continue playing this buggy, unoptimized mod rather than better made(hopefully) standalone.. well, you do that.

Thanks, i will, as i host my own server & only start it when we/clan wants to then it's all good, tents save, vehics save with all inventory inplace & with fuel, great game as longas u only play private hives.

Thanks, i will, as i host my own server & only start it when we/clan wants to then it's all good, tents save, vehics save with all inventory inplace & with fuel, great game as longas u only play private hives.

You and your clan have fun then, the rest of us will play a proper game.
  • Like 2

Your basically playing watered-down DayZ. If your servers only up when you want it too then your vehicles are always safe, wheres the fun in that? I breathe a sigh of relief when I log on and see my car still sitting there. DayZ creates an atmosphere that your missing out on when you play it like you are. Try actually playing the game as it was intended, you might get a suprise.

Your basically playing watered-down DayZ. If your servers only up when you want it too then your vehicles are always safe, wheres the fun in that? I breathe a sigh of relief when I log on and see my car still sitting there. DayZ creates an atmosphere that your missing out on when you play it like you are. Try actually playing the game as it was intended, you might get a suprise.

Been there, done that, that's why we now use a private hive, players not in the clan can join when the servers up & many do, thanks.

Edited by Razorman

Awesome.

Now make it so I can "Pre-order" the game right now.

So your studio can see the numbers even more!

Im going to laugh my fuckin ass off. Once this game outsells all Arma games combined. I totally see it happening, even without marketing.

Make your boss realize, he should be putting more focus on Dayz.

I bet Dayz ends up front page on a few respectable magazines. Where Arma I bet has never seen one.

• Like 3

Awesome.

Im going to laugh my fuckin ass off. Once this game outsells all Arma games combined. I totally see it happening, even without marketing.

I bet Dayz ends up front page on a few respectable magazines. Where Arma I bet has never seen one.

I can bet that it'll be on the cover of GameInformer...

Edited by Leburgerking
  • Like 2

Awesome.

Know what's funny? Arma never tried to ''outsell'' itslef like some stupid, massively available COD forced at every store to you. The game did just fine for its lifetime ( over 10 years ). If it wasnt for the arma community and its stuff ( A lot of developers has come or got recruited from its community) you, most likely would not able to join dayz mod today.

You now may stop posting such BS as in the end everybody wins

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 2

solid discusions my thoughts are what if the game fails at pleasing other games obviously no refunds and if it is the new best thing why is it going to be the best and yes i did buy arma 2 for dayz but every time i buy a new game they have to modify it with a different number like the way its always bin oop sorry smoked to much weed k nvm pce

I smell a prick in the thread.

oh hay guise wats goin on in this threa-

Standalone will never come

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Where do these people come from?

Edited by RooBurger

Awesome.

Arma was never meant to be an "Everyones game" that is heavily marketed and readily available everywhere. Arma is a mil sim, not some run and gun, die and respawn instantly deathmatch FPS.

All the people who bought this just to play DayZ will probably never touch the campaign or even an online server that isn't DayZ, and that's a little saddening if you ask me.

• Like 2