Sign in to follow this  
oZiix

DayZ standalone will use Real Virtuality 4 engine!

Interview is from today

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/from-mod-to-game-how-dayz-will-evolve-as-a-standalone-release/

EXCERPT:

But there will be some changes to playability brought on by the move from mod to game. Rebuilding from the ground up with the latest version of Bohemia's Real Virtuality engine (which was shown to great effect powering ArmA III at this year's E3) will also allow the standalone DayZ to have more diffuse nighttime lighting, rather than the practically unplayable near-pitch-blackness of the current mod.

• Like 24

Pardon posting from my iPhone if there are errors

'ArmA was designed for a pretty broad purpose, but it was designed as a military simulator," Hall said in an interview with Ars.The purpose of DayZ is very different, so that's why it needs to make the transition'

Seriously?! its not about money?! Naaaaaaaaah..

Edited by WolcottBro

??? It's about stability. He can make the game he wants in its current form. Sure he will make money in the process but I don't give a shit as long as the game is good. He can get my dollars.

• Like 6

'ArmA was designed for a pretty broad purpose, but it was designed as a military simulator," Hall said in an interview with Ars.The purpose of DayZ is very different, so that's why it needs to make the transition'

Seriously?! its not about money?! Naaaaaaaaah..

Rocket isn't one of those people in the gaming industry who are are greedy bastards who make shit games for money.

That's EA.

Edited by chunkeymonkey79
  • Like 41

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

Real Virtuality 4 confirmed for DayZ, Beans for OP.

Edited by Dallas

Ok so does this mean I'm gonna need like a 10 core quantum processor at 1,000,000,000,000 Ghz and about 500 terabytes of ram nitrogen cooled to play this? Because thats what I think is about to happen. <_<

• Like 1

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

Oh you mean like how Rocket made the DayZ mod for free, and is still developing it in parralel with the game?

• Like 4

Ok so does this mean I'm gonna need like a 10 core quantum processor at 1,000,000,000,000 Ghz and about 500 terabytes of ram nitrogen cooled to play this? Because thats what I think is about to happen. <_<

Nope, just floppy disks and a monitor.

• Like 2

I don't know anything about the new engine but if its any good it will be quite scaleable.

u do realize its not just rocket whos creating the game and funding it, its bohemia too as he'll be working in their HQ. Im just praying to god that it isnt going to be a pay monthly thing because they compared it to EVE and im hoping it wont be a pay 2 win either. I have a feeling its all guna go downhill from here. But i will try to be as optimistic as possible :P

Nope, just floppy disks and a monitor.

That's what you should need to play the current version of the game :(

Meh, DayZ standalone is going to be shit and buggy most probably, no change there...yeah the "current engine isn't made for what dayz is trying to achieve" so yeah let's use the newer version from the one were using that serves the same purpose as the last one, hurr durr. The less work the better.

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

• Like 10

Er no. I have happened to work with one of BI's clients. We the public get ARMA 3 first, its sold as a game but it wont really matter if it doesnt sell a lot or break even, we play it and every bug gets squished and it all gets optimised and streamlined. Once this happens and the military clients are happy with the platform they then get the next upgrade in VBS (Virtual Battle Space). The largest chunk of money comes from the military contracts, it is designed for military simulation.

• Like 3

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

What the hell are you talking about dude? My PC has no problem running this game, I average around 30 FPS in major cities and anywhere else 45-70, which is plenty. But just looking at this game and the graphics etc, you would think ANY PC could run it on max settings and never drop below 40 FPS. I mean, it's just a huge WTF for me and many other people. And no, I can't get it on my "gaystation". Why insult it? Like does it make you feel cool? Consoles provide people with hours of enjoyment, I don't see the need to bash any console.

• Like 8

Talk about gratuitous flaming.

DayZ using RV4 isn't a surprise, also a good news: The playable alpha will come out way sooner than with a new engine. :D

I'm an adult and I have a shitbox computer. I spend my money on other things, like raising children, rock climbing gear, and home brewing. I like DayZ too, so let's all hug and get back to discussing the mod-gone-game.

Going stand alone should allow rocket to close off features (to limit hackers), which is something a mod cannot do.

• Like 15

u do realize its not just rocket whos creating the game and funding it, its bohemia too as he'll be working in their HQ. Im just praying to god that it isnt going to be a pay monthly thing because they compared it to EVE and im hoping it wont be a pay 2 win either. I have a feeling its all guna go downhill from here. But i will try to be as optimistic as possible :P

This must be troll. He's said he doesn't want to go free to play because he doesn't want money to have any effect on the game, IE: No pay to win. He's also already mentioned the price model, pre-order early and you get to play the alpha and beta and get the game on release. The Minecraft model. Please don't post this stuff without checking it out, even if you're just saying you're worried about it. You wouldn't have the feeling its going to go downhill if you read what rocket has said.

Recommended settings is a GTX 560 Ti and a i5 CPU, from what I heard in an interview.
  • Like 1

Uhh bro, some of us spent two grand on our computers within the last year on pc's with core i7 quad core hyperthreaded cpu's and solid state hd, 16g ram, GTX 570 SC, etc, and can't even get near maxing out the current game (arma2) without having garbage fps.

I'm talking having shadows and aa on low just to get a decent first person shooter experience. Yet I go back to skyrim, deus 3, bf3, anything new-age really and remind myself once again what my computer is capable of. Everything maxed out with silky fps.

What are you playing on, a server? The game runs terrible. Yes it's old and wasn't necessarily designed for newer equipment, but you just talked so much garbage I mentally saw the dumpster pour.

In actual relevance, I hope an nvidia 560 really will properly run this game as they say it will haha.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 5

Uhh no, some of us spent two grand on our computers within the last year on pc's with core i7 quad core hyperthreaded cpu's and solid state hd, 16g ram, GTX 570 SC, etc, and can't even get near maxing out the current game (arma2) without having garbage fps.

I'm talking having shadows and aa on low just to get a decent first person shooter experience. Yet I go back to skyrim, deus 3, bf3, anything new-age really and remind myself once again what my computer is capable of. Everything maxed out with silky fps.

What are you playing on, a server? The game runs terrible. Think before you talk bro, I've never heard so much nonsense in a good while lol.

sigh, its not your computer its arma IIs bad optimization.