Sign in to follow this  
oZiix

DayZ standalone will use Real Virtuality 4 engine!

Search function is your friend...my friend. :P

• Like 1

Apparently not, they are still developing the mod at the same time as developing the stand-alone. I imagine they will experiment with lots of ideas in the mod and, if they are successful, they will add these into the standalone.

Though to be honest I'm pretty sure the mod will be left unfinished/polished somewhere down the line so Bohemia/Rocket have more time to put into standalone.

• Like 1

Lets put it this way.. stand alone day z = more money to rocket.

More money to rocket = more development for day z

more development for day z = better gameplay experience

better game play experience = more money to rocket.

etc.. etc.. etc..

going stand alone as is will probably net them a pretty penny which im sure a good chunk of that will go directly into making DayZ a better game for all.

Na probably not the mod, but the stand alone will hopefully get past it, they will however add more stuff to the mod at least to the real alpha of the game is released, because the work spent here can be integrated with the new game. But when people can start buying the standalone I think the mod has fulfilled its purpose and will fade away.

Lets put it this way.. stand alone day z = more money to rocket.

More money to rocket = more development for day z

more development for day z = better gameplay experience

better game play experience = more money to rocket.

etc.. etc.. etc..

going stand alone as is will probably net them a pretty penny which im sure a good chunk of that will go directly into making DayZ a better game for all.

you mean BESIDES the people who shelled for Arma2 C:O just to play DayZ.

Let me point something out. The problem with Arma 2 not being designed for something like DayZ is because it allowed players to run any script they wanted on the server at will. Since this game was designed primarily as a simulation game they assumed that everyone playing would be in it for a genuine experience. The problem comes along where a mod like DayZ introduced persistent loot and so forth. Now you have scripters who can run almost anything they want on the server because the engine just straight up allows it. When Rocket finally has access to the source code he can just block this kind of stuff outright. There will still be hackers but it will be 1000 times easier to develop ways to stop them. On top of that with the source he can literally mold the engine any way he desires instead of just bending the rules of what modding allows. This is the best possible outcome for the mod in every sense.

dont buy it.. wont fix the hackers.. the war z looks better..

Why are you even here?

• Like 5

I'm more interested in which anti-cheat method they are going to use.

If it's BattlEye then I may pass.

You've invested 700 posts... Don't kid yourself!

• Like 2

I'd really like to see them using PunkBuster.

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

Except you're playing a free mod. Given away for free. That cost nothing. As in. Free.

• Like 1

Except you're playing a free mod. Given away for free. That cost nothing. As in. Free.

A free mod which is meant to collect data on what would be good to add or remove in a stand alone game. Given away for money. As in. MONEY.

And that's fine, because that's the way it is. Never do something you're good at for free.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

Why are you even here?

Ignore he is just attempting to troll and derail.

I laugh at all those saying stand alone was going to be on the old engine we have now. It was obvious... More cost effective too.

Now wait for the trolls: "this looks too pretty, I like clunky animations of the old engine, it looked more fitting before, etc etc."

Those complaining about money- stop playing video games and go get some sticks in the yard and pretend to raid some imaginary castle... That's about the only free entertainment you're going to get. If youre an adult complaining about this, it might be time to wake up and realize you're not the only person that needs to make money. As a businessman, I say it's about time rocket cashes in... But he can cash in on a quality product he sees through much better than a flop of a game. He knows this, and is passionate.

Edited by evoxtom

Meh, DayZ standalone is going to be shit and buggy most probably, no change there...yeah the "current engine isn't made for what dayz is trying to achieve" so yeah let's use the newer version from the one were using that serves the same purpose as the last one, hurr durr. The less work the better.

I'm quite sure he said that they were going to use the same engine, not make it a mod of Arma III, which means he can change the source code without affecting the base game (Arma III.)

Read wrong. Taking back post. Apologies. :)

Edited by evoxtom

Except you just bought arma2 and OA to play,. which gives money to BIS. which is the company who Employ Rocket.

thus. mod gives BIS money. thus. not really free;.just the illusion of such.

Except you just bought arma2 and OA to play,. which gives money to BIS. which is the company who Employ Rocket.

thus. mod gives BIS money. thus. not really free;.just the illusion of such.

Nope, it's still free.
  • Like 3

Don't kid yourself, we know you are going to buy it.

Except the issues with the game haven't been the protection, but the engine itself. If there are 50 holes in the boat, you cant blame the one guy who supposed to cover every hole when the boat sinks.

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

Incorrect. There are those who make games to make good games. Ed McMillen is one modern example (albeit, indie, but unfortunately...that's where the true passion lay right now). Yes, money plays a part in the continued release of games from a company in their future, but a good company won't let that mean taking their flagship IP and have the trilogy come crashing down on itself all for the sake of delivering the product in 2 years instead of 3-4. And yeah, that's a cut at Bioware, I'll forgive them when Kotor 3 comes out.

Edited by calthehunter