rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Yes, scrap them. It takes away from the immersion a bit by knowing someone's past (IE, that you killed people) without even meeting them. Plus, it makes the player more cautious about trusting others.

Yes scrap them, seems like all the people who want them to stay in order to be able to tell who's a player killer are playing the wrong mod.

No, a reflection of behavior is a good step towards adding a deterrent, though the mechanic should be tweaked some.

Yes, in fact I'd argue against the whole morality system altogether, but that's another point for another time.

Make skins represent different attributes of a character, but certainly don't force people into positions like this.

Yes, scrap them.

I hate people who kill just for sport as much as anyone, but my vote is to scrap them. I want to be able to defend myself without being punished, and it takes away from the realism.

Yes, scrap it.

BUT IT'S A GOOD IDEA. If you look how old school MMOs did it, they had a flagging system. If you attacked someone, you were flagged as an attacker, and were free to be killed by the defender, defender suffering no penalty. The problem arises that everyone dies in one or two shots, so implementing such a system would be irrational.

The humanity system is a bastardized dumbed down system where a player gets a morality hit, even if he was firing back in self defense. The ordinary become bandits. Most survivors shoot bandits on sight. Bandits either die, or continue defending themselves, plunging themselves even further into humanity debt, until they're in the tens of thousands in the negative. It's flawed, and it must be replaced.

However, an INDICATOR of some kind that would mark you as a player killer, would be the best idea.

Yes, if its causing issues, scrap it. There's probably a better method to achieve the pk indicator status.

Yes. Scrap them.

Simply for the reason that you should be able to choose your skin at start and for the realism. Why realism? I mean why would you show yourself as a bandit if you don't want to? So if you want to play as a bandit, you either choose to be honest and pick the bandit skin or take the survivor skin. And I hope you add some female models. But it's already in a discussion thread about this last one.

I know how complex and problematic the process of changing a playermodel is so if it helps: YES scrap them.

However, we could really use something to disencourage people from gunning down helpless newcomers (with makarovs) all the time.

Yes, I'm leaning towards scrapping the bandit system. It goes against the principle of not forcing anything on the player.

Instead add as many different character models as possible to be selected at the slot in screen. The player can then select the desired character model that's available by reading descriptions on the slots.

edit: I can't vote either.

Yeah, scrap 'em.

I guess for the future it would be nice to have the possibility to change your player model!

P.s. don't have the permission to vote?!? Oo

Scrap them, changing player models in ARMA always has brought its issues with selectplayer and such and its not worth it for the gameplay it ruins.

Yes it is a indicator that someone has killed another player, however it also has a tendency to force people who became bandits through killing in self-defense or something similar into becoming true bandits to keep alive as other players always talk and boast about killing people with this skin on sight (not helped by the fact you don't lose humanity for killing a bandit). I have a bandit skin now and I have been shot at by 4 groups of people because of it, I do not wish to be a bandit however I had to shoot 1 of these groups to protect myself and I dig the hole deeper...

YES, scrap them.

People should be careful in approaching other people not by the skin of the character, but in every encounter. Bandits skins ruins realisticity and dynamicity (not always a robber will wear a hood and be a black man). Trust no one!

Keep them unless you have something else in mind. Just being able to aim at someone and see the bandit tag under their name would be enough, but that doesnt always work currently (the names dont always appear when aiming at someone)

Yes, but there need to be more downsides to shooting random people. There still needs to be away to distinguish 'good' and 'bad' people.

yes if its mean more skins and/or pain in the ass

no if none of the above

I like the bandit skin for an early warning system, however I do not believe it fits that well within DayZ mentality. Positive cosmetic changes could work, or at least some variation for long term survivors would make me fuzzy inside but, in the same light, probably wouldn't fit within this game-type/mentality.

I'd prefer that everyone looked like a standard survivor rather than single those out for killing players, I don't enjoy PvP/PKing but it's there and a fun dynamic to fight against. If someone looks like a bandit because of X, Y or Z it won't matter, new players will try to kill them creating a loop of bandit model..ing..

no, although i believe that you should also add the complete opposite, i.e) a character who has a very high humanity also changes skin, i think that it could be some sort of paramilitary uniform which is a dark woodland camo (enabling the player to be more stealthy) as a reward for

being an honourable person by giving blood transfusions, killing zombies, bandaging people, etc. also i think that the it should be more than one player kill before you turn into a bandit. the other day someone claimed to 'own' chernogorsk and that him and his mates would kill any trespassers so me and my group moved to a position overwatching the town and i sniped one of them who did not have the bandit skin and i was awarded a murder and instantly changed to a bandit. unlike a lot of characters i have no interest in being a bandit, but then i also think that they are a great idea as you never know where you stand with people on this game but the skins are a helper

Please limit your thoughts to a single short sentence

IS IT CLEAR ENOUGH?

So far (page 1 to 8):

Invalid= "yes & no" anwser' date=' "yes, but add this instead", "no, but add this instead"...[/size']

Page 1:

Bandit : yes.

Oktyabr : Yes

Strelok: Yes

The_Goatsenator: Yes

Pale_Rider : No

Nedak: No

vert: Yes

Serova: Yes

Page 2:

Ratszo: No

Alienfreak: Invalid

Gabriel: Yes

b00ce: YES

Acebane: Yes

Schaefer : Yes

wattle: Invalid

MR DELICIOUS: Invalid

Emualynk : Yes

Nuttex: Yes

Page 3:

Skjold: No

Jrod: Yes

Cday: No

TurkeyBurgers: Yes

Panther Modern: Yes

=MeRk= Morbo513: Invalid

Slivo: No

22nd_Chuck: Invalid

The Burned Man: No

relentless: Yes

page 4:

Diamondback: Yes

Griff: Yes.

Baby Stomper: Yes

Zrix: Yes

Sigma:No

Hesher: Yes

Fighter: Yes

Zerulas: No

Panzerfaust: Yes

Page 5:

Flacracker: Invalid

Orbital: Yes

maxud: Invalid

anothermartz: Yes

PRiME: Invalid

TurkeyBurgers: yes

B4N3: Yes

Freeborne: Yes

Murphy: yes

Page 6:

hero43698: Yes

xXlogatorXx: Yes

Korzinski: Yes

Freyar: No

HoboWithAGlock: Yes

Dolittle: Yes

Hei: Yes

McFlurrie: No

Felix: Yes

Interceptor: Yes

Page 7:

Tajin: YES

Zorg: Invalid

jokernthief: Yes

Mister_Proper:Invalid

Captain_English:Yes

mastrovara: YES

vedicardi: No

Rapira: Invalid

Pozzuh: Invalid

Max Butched: Invalid

Page 8:

MrWeed: No

Cpl Taylor: No

Pte.Robinson[6th AB]:no

Total (page 1 to 8):

YES: 41

NO: 15

Invalid: 11

feel free to count again

I'm human after all

People : if the the bandit model induce technical problems it should be scraped. No matter what. Remember it's an alpha, if this feature is gone = less technical headaches = more interesting features.