rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Yes, remove them. Like other posters have said, it's simply not realistic that you get a giant floating marker saying "This player has killed someone!"

Sidenote: Considering I lose most of my gear when I turn from bandit to survivor 100% of the time due to a bug, once I go bandit from something (self-defense, player killing, accidental friendly fire, doesn't matter), there's no reason for me to not deathmatch anyone I see just so I don't lose my gear.

That and humanity should be static based on player actions, not slowly rising/falling if you're within a certain number.

Yes, it completely removes the "Can I trust this guy?" feeling.

Yes' date=' it completely removes the "Can I trust this guy?" feeling.

[/quote']

I dont know wich mod you have played but I do have plenty of that feeling right now.^^

Like I said before I fear changing it will remove completly the "I can trust this guy" feeling wich isnt exatly very prominent in the current version.

Keep Them I like seeing at least some high Res models, seriously though until a better recognition system is available get rid of them.

I can't cote. However you could have a system where you either spawn in a random uniform or you could pick it yourself at spawn or find other uniforms that are better camoflaged or armour if it exists.

or find other uniforms that are better camoflaged or armour if it exists.

ARMA2 does not allow for the changing of character models apart from equipment loadout in a session, however ARMA3 will :). I do like the possibility of choosing at spawn though, still headache where many better features and fixes are needed.

Yes, scrap it. I would rather see a system where you can earn skins through achievements.

Remove imo. All kinds of different skins should be lootable.

No.

This would IMO kill any kind of non-preformed coop play and would lead to a giant deathmatch poop.

Now, the humanity system certainly needs improvement, but giving grievers (and yes, I agree that not every bandit is a griefer) basically free reign would be very detrimental to the game.

scrap em, selectable skins would be better. in real life, you cant determine a killer just by what theyre wearing. this is supposed to be a zombie apocalypse, not a game where you hunt guys with masks

I like identifying who is a player killer, so that's a no for me. On the other hand, I hate how it's seen as an acceptance to kill these player killers.

They all have their own stories, they may have killed in self defense, and with everyone trying to kill them due to their looks, they must continue killing to live.

Where I come from, that's racism. Don't judge by their looks, a survivor can still be scum, and a bandit could be your best friend. Still the model helps.

I originally said "yes" but I've seen some improvement in the humanity system and think things are starting to balance out.

For the record I rarely shoot first at a bandit just because he is a bandit. And yet more often then not they are the ones to immediately jump to aggression. Is this out of a perceived self defense or because those still running around with bandit skins really are "bad guys" for the most part? Or some of both? I'm not sure but in my opinion they are working better today then they were when this thread was started.

Would still like to see more skins some day.

I would say scrap them and give player a option to customize their character at start (in region of map space that is not near T/K)' date=' giving them control would allow customization up to them. It would also mean no more auto model swap, I think this would be possible?

Another option which might be in addition would be allow players to collect uniforms and clothing they find in game (from that spawn) to be used, this would mean instead of having everything available they would need to first collect clothing they like to be in. I think this would be fantastic and if you need help Rocket let me know, I might play with this idea myself to see how easy it would be to ad.

I know that a mission called War In Takistan allowed players to swap into uniforms whenever they liked without issues. There however is one thing to consider, you would need to make all selectable clothing backpack compatible ones. I think that isn't a big issue but I do not know what options that gives, will check it out.

PS. I can't vote, no permission.

[hr']

Additional something will need to be done about Bandits, would it be possible to ad in a Players killboard ingame, lets say just another Killboard selection from ingame that brought up a very basic list of players on server atm which you could see each player and check their kill stats, one of these stats might show how many people they have shot in that game session?

This is just a idea, a way to identify player killers (and spawn killers) needs to exist, rather then direct coms which hardly works. I'm just throwing out ideas, another one would be to have red markers show up on map (dots/circles) for known player killers. If something isn't done, then dayz will eventually become a deathmatch/team-deathmatch game, you may argue this but EVERYONE I have encountered ingame agrees its going that way if not already.

I think this kinda ruins the concept of the survivor mod when people are just killing everyone else for the hell of it (why take risk/why even bother playing game when you just kill people for their loot etc etc...), by making it so player killers are easily identifiable you will naturally reduce such element (other then the automatic desert camo model switching thing). Also increase the humanity recovery system from 5mins to 15.

Dude he said one fucking sentence. Personally I think its nice to have them so I can be more cautious around bandit players, but if it gives you a head ache stop them. I love you <3

Yes, some feel they serve a purpose right now, but that shouldnt be the case in the future, and the longer you wait to remove them the more uproar there will be once you do.

They should definitely be kept, but the system that governs them needs to be changed. Shooting a survivor in self defence shouldn't result in someone turning into a bandit.

I also think perhaps a system where the less murders you have committed within a given time (or perhaps over your collective lives) the shorter you stay as a bandit might be better. Or maybe you are only revealed as a bandit to a player if the player has followed you for some time. It's not easy to say what is the best way of governing it without trying, but as someone who doesn't shoot survivors I strongly feel bandits skins have a purpose.

Yes in the real life it wouldn't be easy to tell who was a bandit or not, but in the real world life has more value, you don't just respawn at a beach when you're time is up.

Yes scrap them. If I went outside and killed someone right now my appearance wouldn't instantly change to reflect that.

Yes remove them, they alter the game play dynamics of the game. If I am a bandit and I happen to bump into a survivor or another bandit, I just shoot them on sight because I fear they will shoot me first. Not only does this make it hard to recover humility, there is that bug where if you switch skins, you lose your gear.

No, keep the bandit skin. Remove the humanity system entirely. Make skin selection either via website or ingame command, (/skin bandit, /skin survivor_black2) and have the changes take effect on respawn so you don't have to worry about the inventory related bugs associated with dynamic skin changing/scanning and replacing dynamic backpack contents.

I say YES to taking out the bandit skin. It will make things even more difficult to determine who is friendly. I love the tension and stress this game creates and I want more gimme more!!!

You could give the ability to change to different skins at will As The Lamer suggested above me.