ripbabyg@hotmail.co.uk

DayZ Development Blog #1: The end of the beginning

Fuck yes.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothings happening?

Congrats Rocket :thumbsup:

Edited by MadMax

EDIT:

Thanks to SeanOfTheDead for pointing out that it is the Real Virtuality engine.

That's what I got from this interview with Bohemia (dated June 14th),

regarding the Arma III using an improved Real Virtuality engine that Arma II is currently using.

They also discussed the success of the mod, Dayz.

So much speculation as to what/when/how ?.... so I'll add my thoughts.

My understanding from what I read, is that the current DayZ mod (running on Arma II),

will continue to be enhanced, upgraded, on the existing engine. (as a mod)

This will continue to enhance the player experience in the current mod,

get feedback from the community, as well as hash out any additional

Features, Game Mechanic changes for the end product. (Standalone)

The Dayz Standalone will be developed in parallel.

My guess is, (as many others here have stated), that the development efforts for the DayZ Standalone will be on the Arma III engine.

new and improved Real Virtuality engine, the same engine that Arma III will be using.

It just makes the most sense, businesses wise.

• Capitalize on proven technology they already have
  • Reusable assets
  • Rapid development opportunity (as the Real Virtuality engine exist today)
  • Branch out to a different market within the simulation genre using an engine
    designed for military simulation that they have been using for years

I watched a few vids on YouTube, for the Arma III , and they look impressive.

I like the fact that a military simulator engine is being used for this.....uhhh Zombie Apocalyptic simulator.

I would rather play a simulator, than a pure FPS shooter.

Been there, done that, got bored……………

But, that’s just my preference.

looks like we both came to the same conclusion. And for people who think they should make a new engine though that would be interesting it's not necessary at all and would just add to the time till release of the game.

• Like 1

The fact that he is the lead Designer, with BI behind him, makes me very very excited.

In fact, I believe I just pitched a tent.

Don't put anything inside, or it might get lost at server restart.

On a completely unrelated note to this thread.

Sig`d.

• Like 2

So Bohemia finally realized that the Day Z mod is the only reason that people were buying ARMA? Well, that's nice but even more it does explain why no updates have been done to the MOD.

So Bohemia finally realized that the Day Z mod is the only reason that people were buying ARMA? Well, that's nice but even more it does explain why no updates have been done to the MOD.

Sorry, I've had a couple beers.

But you're straight up retarded.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 4

Sorry, I've had a couple beers.

But you're straight up retarded.

You again? Oh lord, you really don't give up. Remember when I made you look like a blubbering fool the other day? Do you honestly think that ARMA would even be relevant right now if it wasn't for this mod?

Well...lets see what the developers of WarZ have in their portfolio. WarINC looks like shit piled on shit, the warZ is non existent shit piled on real life shit that is quite frankly. Shit. Contrast with DayZ; we've played the alpha, we've seen Arma3's engine at work...and all bets are on....? Rocket and DayZ.

Are people being paid to troll this forum with that garbage? Because I went onto the WarZ's forum and it is presently being spammed with penis enhancement offerings.

• Like 1

Some of us actually enjoy playing ARMA and not just DayZ.

I sort of feel bad for you or maybe it's some sort of forced attrition thing.

Wow! Just checked out the new Arma 3 Engine. I must say, I might have spoken too soon in my earlier post. Perhaps The War Z will not stand up against DayZ after all. There will still be the issue of content. However, with the assistance of an actual build team, I'm optimistic Rocket and BI can pull off an excellent stand-alone version.

I'm not even a fan of Arma 2. (It kinda sucks IMHO). But Arma 3, by itself, looks like it might be worth a try.

*Fingers crossed

Keep up the great work guys.

Edited by WhiskyJak

Some of us actually enjoy playing ARMA and not just DayZ.

Ill be Buying ARMAIII and DAYZ.

I sort of feel bad for you or maybe it's some sort of forced attrition thing.

Maybe I'm dumb but your post makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway....ARMA is an amazing game...it's just not for pussies. They say DayZ isn't either but there sure are alot of pussies playing it so I'm not sure.

The only reason Games like COD outsell ARMA is because the market demographic of mature gamers who can appreciate games for things other than slick graphics and cool cut scenes is relatively small. Yet large enough to to have made development of ARMAIII an economicly sound move. ARMA has never needed gamers like you to be sucessful. ARMA is an amazingly deep and robust military sim....but you wouldn't know anything about that. I don't think I've ever agreed with Zed about anything......until now.

Edited by playZ
  • Like 3

I only got Arma because of DayZ, never being interested in playing Arma at all, not to say other's do not enjoy playing Arma. Im just saying, the only reason i bought it was for DayZ

Edited by Authentic92

Ill be Buying ARMAIII and DAYZ.

Maybe I'm dumb but your post makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway....ARMA is an amazing game...it's just not for pussies. They say DayZ isn't either but there sure are alot of pussies playing it so I'm not sure.

The only reason Games like COD outsell ARMA is because the market demographic of mature gamers who can appreciate games for things other than slick graphics and cool cut scenes is relatively small. Yet large enough to to have made development of ARMAIII an economicly sound move. ARMA has never needed gamers like you to be sucessful. ARMA is an amazingly deep and robust military sim....but you wouldn't know anything about that. I don't think I've ever agreed with Zed about anything......until now.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand what the hell that guy was talking about. Also glad to see another person here who knows what ARMA is about. Beans for you!

• Like 1

You again? Oh lord, you really don't give up. Remember when I made you look like a blubbering fool the other day? Do you honestly think that ARMA would even be relevant right now if it wasn't for this mod?

Do you honestly think that DayZ would even be relevant right now if it wasn't for ArmA's engine?

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

i buy arma because of dayz, but now i will buy arma 3 because arma 2... great game... great mod too