ripbabyg@hotmail.co.uk

DayZ Development Blog #1: The end of the beginning

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning

OSH, cannot wait.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 46

Leads to a tumblr "not found" link, so you know it's legit!

Not exactly a surprise. They must have inked some paper somewhere.

I'm guessing a forked version of Arma III.

I'm hoping some sort of discount will be in order if you actually own ARMA II CO or ARMA II and OA. Good to see it happen tough :)

Long as the server doesn't blindly execute client script injections...I'm all for it.

• Like 4

At work, site blocked. ;(

That suck's, ill quote it for you because im really generous.

That's right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project le… and then a broken URL here.
  • Like 2

What is it? Not clicking the link.

Going to guess, just another it's going to be standalone info? Already knew that. Anything of real interest?

Hehe this comes in not long after I posted http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63216-the-war-z-is-bashing-day-z-hard-are-you-gonna-stand-for-it-rocket/ . Maybe it's a coincidence...

... but this is great news, congratulations to Rocket and his dev team for getting this far - amazing work guys! Looking forward to more updates on what your plan is with standalone.

Edited by sinisterpink

What is it? Not clicking the link.

Going to guess, just another it's going to be standalone info? Already knew that. Anything of real interest?

They are starting Standalone development.

That suck's, ill quote it for you because im really generous.

Thanks dude. \m/

http://dayzdev.tumbl...f-the-beginning THIS IS THE NEW URL GO CHECK IT OUT

http://dayzgame.com/ <--- This will be the new Home of DayZ, here is the extract of text from the website for anyone that can't access it at the moment.

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

Edited by Authentic92

Yanno I'm like...totally happy for Rocket and all that.

But til I hear some engine details, what their plans are for fleshing this out and "taking it to the next level" I simply could not be bothered to give a fuck.

We knew this was coming. All that mattered was the when, and now all that matters is the details....which we don't have.

• Like 1

The fact that he is the lead Designer, with BI behind him, makes me very very excited.

In fact, I believe I just pitched a tent.

• Like 8

Yanno I'm like...totally happy for Rocket and all that.

But til I hear some engine details, what their plans are for fleshing this out and "taking it to the next level" I simply could not be bothered to give a fuck.

We knew this was coming. All that mattered was the when, and now all that matters is the details....which we don't have.

Damn, way to be an asshole. Give them a bit of credit, there had to be a load of red tape and discussion between BI and Rocket for this to happen. Now its set and we can stop worrying about "If" it will turn standalone and focus on what is gonna be like/when its gonna be released.

• Like 1

1mil players in 4 months, doubling sales of Arma II just for the mod, and an awesome active community. Of course its going standalone. It's pretty awesome news... hopefully they get a different anti-cheat program to do something about the hacker infestation and this will be awesome. Pretty exciting shit for Rocket though. Glad this is happening can't wait to see the what he can do to polish a stand-alone. Will be awesome

Hmm, will be good to see if he can implement his ideas about underground buildings and how he works on things like that, cannot wait to see a few features. And a few details on what will be in the stand alone game, look's like he got full financial backing of Bohemia however.

Edited by Authentic92

Hmm, will be good to see if he can implement his ideas about underground buildings and how he works on things like that, cannot wait to see a few features. And a few details on what will be in the stand alone game, look's like he got full financial backing of Bohemia however.

Yea very excited about this. Either way since I started playing Dayz its become an unhealthy obsession. I been a gamer for 30 years of my life and never been infatuated with a game like I am with Dayz,

Cant wait to see what Dayz turns int.

GL Rocket! I pitched a tent.

Edited by opeth
  • Like 2

I don't like to beg, I will simply say this. Choose an anti-cheat that allows admin tools.

Congrats by the way!