tobiassolem

Dark day for script-kiddies coming

Great... glad he's fixing the hackers by banning random people. Yesterday I was killed twice by hackers and then globally banned. ... funny thing is I don't hack. Battleeye is so broken it can't tell a guy hunting for hours for gear from a guy spawning in 50 battleships, and then teleport killing people. .

GG

worst cheat protection ever.

It is nice to know they are on it and Rome wasn't built in a day. Great thread OP and thanks for the update :thumbsup:

It is nice to know they are on

It is also nice to know there are firefighters protecting me. But this turns out be a coal mine fire and as a miner those firefighters cannot do very much about it.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the work and effort the devs put into BattleEye. But as I read many things about the nature of the mod and why hacking/scripting is so easy, I do not expect any great improvements in this matter. I count on the standalone version, only.

I have done extensive research into this subject and can confidently give you this statistic that I have pulled straight from my arse. 95% of the people who use hax are children, the other 5% will never grow up. When developers are happy to stay in a niche market, as BIS seem to be, they will still produce great games, even if 1 million people don't buy it. YAY for BIS. Charge me more BIS, I will pay it. Fuck the masses, the only solution to this haxor problem is for this game to become unpopular again. DayZ sux!! Arma 3 will sux!! Dont play it! Person developing my dream game for me from the ground up, just because you want to, need to, I love you, don't give up! I promise I will keep it secret how great your game is this time. I don't want to be part of something big any more, I want to go back to the fringe. Go away 1 million peoples, I thought you were like me but you are not. Go away exclamation mark. Steadfast and hardcore modding community, I admire you soooo much. BIS for president of the world!! Somebody hire those hackers/crackers and get them on our side!

Sir! The capitalist democracy is broken!

Are you sure? Lets have a vote on it, if that doesn't work, throw more money at it.

Great... glad he's fixing the hackers by banning random people. Yesterday I was killed twice by hackers and then globally banned. ... funny thing is I don't hack. Battleeye is so broken it can't tell a guy hunting for hours for gear from a guy spawning in 50 battleships, and then teleport killing people. .

GG

worst cheat protection ever.

sounds likely...

It is also nice to know there are firefighters protecting me. But this turns out be a coal mine fire and as a miner those firefighters cannot do very much about it.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the work and effort the devs put into BattleEye. But as I read many things about the nature of the mod and why hacking/scripting is so easy, I do not expect any great improvements in this matter. I count on the standalone version, only.

Sums it up nicely, I have stopped caring about hackers (I never cared much to begin with because getting mad is what they want) in the mod and hope the standalone will greatly reduce their numbers. I play, I get script killed, and I dust myself off and play some more.

I have done extensive research into this subject and can confidently give you this statistic that I have pulled straight from my arse. 95% of the people who use hax are children, the other 5% will never grow up. When developers are happy to stay in a niche market, as BIS seem to be, they will still produce great games, even if 1 million people don't buy it. YAY for BIS. Charge me more BIS, I will pay it. Fuck the masses, the only solution to this haxor problem is for this game to become unpopular again. DayZ sux!! Arma 3 will sux!! Dont play it! Person developing my dream game for me from the ground up, just because you want to, need to, I love you, don't give up! I promise I will keep it secret how great your game is this time. I don't want to be part of something big any more, I want to go back to the fringe. Go away 1 million peoples, I thought you were like me but you are not. Go away exclamation mark. Steadfast and hardcore modding community, I admire you soooo much. BIS for president of the world!! Somebody hire those hackers/crackers and get them on our side!

Sir! The capitalist democracy is broken!

Are you sure? Lets have a vote on it, if that doesn't work, throw more money at it.

wat is this i dont even

I agree.

They should simply be labeled as cheaters, not hackers.

cheater sounds like to much for a script user.

Battleye more like Battltie my hands behind my back does not have a solution for every solution comes another problem... Like posted above within 48 hours a bypass was conducted on update as long as people are willing to put money into pockets of sites dedicated to hacking they will have a supply and demand to answer to... thus making it a full time job to place hacks back online in the smallest amount of time for finacial gain... I don't think BE can stop this

Battleye more like Battltie my hands behind my back does not have a solution for every solution comes another problem... Like posted above within 48 hours a bypass was conducted on update as long as people are willing to put money into pockets of sites dedicated to hacking they will have a supply and demand to answer to... thus making it a full time job to place hacks back online in the smallest amount of time for finacial gain... I don't think BE can stop this

i had to laugh about your post.

Do you really think MONEY is paid for a hack for ARMA?

Seriously, Arma2 is a half-indie game with a small community, who would PAY for hacks?

First of all, your impression of the "scene" is just hilarious.

those "hackers" are just people who want to show off their skills, thats it! Have you never done sth bc others think you couldnt?

i know one personally, and he gets no money from anyone for sure :D

We just have 2 major problems here, which Bohemia appearently does not want to see.

1.) The servers execute CODE received from clients (WTF???)

when i first heard of this, i fell half of my chair. i don't know WHO had this bright idea, but he has apparently NO idea of serious software engineering. thats just a failure in the project management like i have never seen before.

the servers don't control anything (except the scripts.txt pseudo regexes), not even your HUD consistancy, otherwise i would not be able to get additional items just because the connection is unstable/delayed.

that leads to the nice conclusion that you will NEVER be able to stop items from being spawned by an injected script, thanks to BIS's security standards of 1980.

and guess what? that's why you can use tools like dayznavigator to find ANY tent, ANY vehicle and ANY player on the whole map - because arma2 is not interested in the slightest in the consistancy of the client-server communication. Client asks for all tent locations? oookaaaaay here ya are!

2.) BattlEye

there is a lot i could talk about... lets get started!

a) BattlEye loads upon joining the server. and thats just too late, i hope you dont need further explanations.

B) BattlEye (afaik) communicates with the arma2client without any uses of encryption, you could corrupt the communication between them quite easily, i dont know how the current injections are exactly working

c) BatllEye does not hook writeprocessmemory, thus it will ALWAYS be quite easy to manipulate it!

d) we saw no hash-functions usage in the battleye-assembly-code, maybe they just use the version function from the DLL (unsure about that, have not investigated further... yet)

that were the most "annoying" problems, as their effects harm the players' gaming experience quite harsh. But 99% of them are NOT caused by genius, wellpaid "hackers", but by elementary mistakes in the planning of Arma2.

As DayZGame will use arma2's engine, and rocket said "it is being dealt with by Bohemia's key programming mind" i can only shiver about what will be the outcome, as they appear to programm more like a headless chicken than a serious software company. (sorry, im quite angry)

if anyone of BIS's staff reads this: we could actually help you... but you would have to take us seriously. Implementing a BLACKLIST of codesnippets is NOT an effective way of dealing with an unchecked client-server communication.

If dayz should be a GAME, than you will have to implement it as a game and not as a helicopter-company-hellokittyonlinegame-rippoff!

clients must NOT get more informations than they have the right to!

im SICK of watching people driving from one tent to the next just because they got dayznavigator on the second screen and see anything!

• Like 1

Do people think they're cleaver when they pop up and say "They're not hackers, they're script kiddies, hackers are MEGALEETZ"?

Semantics people.

Oh and BE?

Yeah, I won't hold my breathe, we've been hearing the same shit for months now.

Still, actual real people work for BE and at it must be really discouraging to put work into it and hear all this negative feedback about how shit and ineffective they are, at least they are doing something.

One month and 23 days later, still no progress.

Very soon. lul

i had to laugh about your post.

Do you really think MONEY is paid for a hack for ARMA?

Seriously, Arma2 is a half-indie game with a small community, who would PAY for hacks?

First of all, your impression of the "scene" is just hilarious.

those "hackers" are just people who want to show off their skills, thats it! Have you never done sth bc others think you couldnt?

i know one personally, and he gets no money from anyone for sure :D

We just have 2 major problems here, which Bohemia appearently does not want to see.

1.) The servers execute CODE received from clients (WTF???)

when i first heard of this, i fell half of my chair. i don't know WHO had this bright idea, but he has apparently NO idea of serious software engineering. thats just a failure in the project management like i have never seen before.

the servers don't control anything (except the scripts.txt pseudo regexes), not even your HUD consistancy, otherwise i would not be able to get additional items just because the connection is unstable/delayed.

that leads to the nice conclusion that you will NEVER be able to stop items from being spawned by an injected script, thanks to BIS's security standards of 1980.

and guess what? that's why you can use tools like dayznavigator to find ANY tent, ANY vehicle and ANY player on the whole map - because arma2 is not interested in the slightest in the consistancy of the client-server communication. Client asks for all tent locations? oookaaaaay here ya are!

2.) BattlEye

there is a lot i could talk about... lets get started!

a) BattlEye loads upon joining the server. and thats just too late, i hope you dont need further explanations.

B) BattlEye (afaik) communicates with the arma2client without any uses of encryption, you could corrupt the communication between them quite easily, i dont know how the current injections are exactly working

c) BatllEye does not hook writeprocessmemory, thus it will ALWAYS be quite easy to manipulate it!

d) we saw no hash-functions usage in the battleye-assembly-code, maybe they just use the version function from the DLL (unsure about that, have not investigated further... yet)

that were the most "annoying" problems, as their effects harm the players' gaming experience quite harsh. But 99% of them are NOT caused by genius, wellpaid "hackers", but by elementary mistakes in the planning of Arma2.

As DayZGame will use arma2's engine, and rocket said "it is being dealt with by Bohemia's key programming mind" i can only shiver about what will be the outcome, as they appear to programm more like a headless chicken than a serious software company. (sorry, im quite angry)

if anyone of BIS's staff reads this: we could actually help you... but you would have to take us seriously. Implementing a BLACKLIST of codesnippets is NOT an effective way of dealing with an unchecked client-server communication.

If dayz should be a GAME, than you will have to implement it as a game and not as a helicopter-company-hellokittyonlinegame-rippoff!

clients must NOT get more informations than they have the right to!

im SICK of watching people driving from one tent to the next just because they got dayznavigator on the second screen and see anything!

People pay money for these hacks.

People pay money for these hacks.

nope, they dont.

as i told you i know one myself, he is defenitely NOT paid.

the most advanced hacks are even open-source, so... not the slightest need to pay for a hack, you can just compile and modify them yourself.

guess the best thing we can do is hope for proper anti-cheat regarding dayZ, i really didn't expect BE to do anything other than rolling out banwaves anymore because of the upcoming standalone

you have my respect, BE

keep it coming

I agree.

They should simply be labeled as cheaters, not hackers.

it's just to differenciate between the normal cheater, using exploits like duplicating and the advanced cheater, who uses scripts and stuff like that, it's not meant to insult any other programmers but the little script kiddies

you could start callig them scripters, but then again you'd have people not scripting but manipulating dll files and using hooks to manipulate the data, and those aren't scripters

it's the easiest to call them hackers