rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 15 minutes)

* [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)

* [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)

* [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)

* [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)

* [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

* [FIXED] Loosing gear when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

* [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)

* [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)

* [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [FIXED] Invisible character models occuring (No longer invisible models)

* [FIXED] Panic not being activated (Your character will sometimes panic)

* [FIXED] Blood washout sometimes not being displayed (now will always wash out color depending on blood level)

* [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests

* [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin

* [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin

* [NEW] Construction options moved to items in gear menu (right click wire fencing kit to use etc...)

* [NEW] Hospital Loot Spawn probabilities changed

* [NEW] Players can choose to be a female survivor (once only per CD-Key)

* [NEW] Heat packs for increasing temperature in an emergency

* [NEW] Bandit Skin for low humanity is removed

Thanks rocket!!

But what about the vehicle issue?

It's a real priority, in my opinion.

* [NEW] Bandit Skin for low humanity is removed

Yes! Thank you Rocket :)

The tents are working as intended' date=' they're just hard as tits to place.

For vehicles, the only issue is the repair menu ( wich rocket said it's fixed in 1.5.9 ) and the absence of any respawn for them ( like loot ).

Dunno saying " vehicles and tents are broken " while it's not.

[/quote']

I would love to see a video of you placing a tent in the current update. I tried 2 hrs today with a mate placing a tent, ending up trying to place a tent on a completly open area, nothing around, complete flat and it still didn't work. I saw many tents placed on a hill before patch, so it CAN'T work as intented.

I have placed 4 tents in the past few days and have seen many other tents. I found it difficult, but the trick to it seems to be to open the inventory, right click the tent and then walk around slowly (with the inventory still open) spamming the place tent button until it works. It is not a graceful approach, but it works... eventually.

You're my today's hero, haha. It worked. How can i rep+ you?

//rep+ you. :)

I have placed 4 tents in the past few days and have seen many other tents. I found it difficult, but the trick to it seems to be to open the inventory, right click the tent and then walk around slowly (with the inventory still open) spamming the place tent button until it works. It is not a graceful approach, but it works... eventually.

I tried this method, but the gnawing paranoia of being shot in the head finally got me to cave in and drop the damn thing. I wasted over an hour and a half trying to lay it with your method, whilst probably looking like some sort of lunatic/noob sauntering around in the open, staring at the ground...

I can live without them for now, and until they're fixed I've scouted many sweet, less-traveled spots that I can place them in future.

Will heat packs be only be located at loot spawns at hospitals like blood packs or just as a general spawn?

Where should heatpacks spawn guys? fucked if I know. What you think?

There has been a lot of features added but again I'm curious as to what is being implemented or done with about the current situation with the server connection, i.e. 'Waiting for server response..'?

Not to beat a dead horse, I'm genuinely curious - if it is a server/DB over load issue then the server hosting the DB could be scaled outwards. I dont know the actual issue with the server connections as I have not read much about it but would love to hear feedback. If it is a grey area and no-one knows what the issue is or how to fix it I'd like to offer some advice or help (Software Engineer). I doubt you need it - but it seems to be a large issue at the moment which isn't being addressed(?)

Cheers.

P.S - I'm not trolling :)

I'd say just hospitals. If they are as strong as they sound, they should be pretty rare.

In hospitals I guess?

Heatpacks should spawn in Hospital for sure. Anywhere else....hmmm....Low chance spawn in random houses? like the Red Brick Building, and long 2 room black house?

The Pub.

I'm thinking, since it is used as an emergency item, how about spawning it at the hospitals and supermarkets?

....Deer stands? Hunters would probably have some while out there in the cold maybe.

Apartment buildings? For the people who have broken heaters etc...

That is all I got for now hah, plausible maybe?

Stores? That's usually who would sell them.

I must have missed it, but where are heatpacks mentioned and what are they supposed to do?

Edit: never mind, I must have overlooked it in the change log, any way I would assume they should spawn at hospitals, and at stores.

What we really need is drinkable Whiskey bottles to gain some heat :D

Well in real life you can buy the damned things anywhere, so it would make at least some sense to stick them in the general stores.