rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

I have a question a about the findable skins.

When you find one and change your skin, do you reset back to the default skin when you die, an respawn?

When you find one and change your skin' date=' do you reset back to the default skin when you die, an respawn?

[/quote']

Yes

and tents NOT disappearing??

Protip : tents doesn't disappear. They're simply getting hung after a server restart or a crash. But they're still there. Meaning after another restart they should come back.

When you find one and change your skin' date=' do you reset back to the default skin when you die, an respawn?

[/quote']

Yes

Can I argue against this and possibly make this debatable? :D

Either way I'm hoping they aren't really that rare, or we're going to get morons who will gun down others simply for their clothing.

So just think of the skin as clothing, or an item.

When you die, it drops

[/quote']

Yes

Can I argue against this and possibly make this debatable? :D

Why would your clothes be persistent after death if gear isn't?

[/quote']

Yes

alright thankyou for the answer Rocket been curious about that for a while.

Humanity does persist so...

And yeah, I hope they arent lootable from corpses or else people will start killing for skins.

I was kind of hoping the skins were persistent through death just so I could differentiate myself from other survivors, and perhaps it may change, but if not then oh well.

And yeah' date=' I hope they arent lootable from corpses or else people will start killing for skins.

[/quote']

They are already killing for beans, water, soda, ammo, weapons, backpacks, maps, compasses, knifes, tents, matches and for lols.

Why shouldn't they kill for clothes?

I was kind of hoping the skins were persistent through death just so I could differentiate myself from other survivors' date=' and perhaps it may change, but if not then oh well.

[/quote']

It's alpha. Everything could change at any time.

I think this is all part of the master plan, add something to make people think twice about killing perhaps, while at the same time adding another element of the game that people will kill to obtain.

Really interesting manouvering the way the development is taking place... Cannot wait to see 1-2 months from now!

I'm going to laugh when somebody finds a bug that switches them to being a male/female character and they have to beg the devs for a switch.

Somewhere, somehow, with locked female avatars, female survivor bodies and skins, this could entirely be possible.

And yeah' date=' I hope they arent lootable from corpses or else people will start killing for skins.

[/quote']

"Humanity does persist" yeah I was thinking the same thing and hoping that clothes would stay until you found another set better to ur liking. While this wouldn't be incredibly realistic it would allow for diversity among other people you see, cause after the bandit skins are removed all were gonna really see is survivor skins and I just feel it takes away from the immersion slightly.

skins persisting through death would be an immersion killer.

Yet everyone looking the same isn't an immersion killer?

skins persisting through death would be an immersion killer.

Yet everyone looking the same isn't an immersion killer?

agreed

there will be people that dont die every 15 minutes, it will set apart those that are surviving longer. yes, clones are a bad thing. but that does not justify persistence of skins. it just highlights the need for randomised starting clothing.

Another thing that could possibly be touched upon is the fencing kit and how it never disappears unless taken down with a toolbox which is way harder than it sounds. Could you possibly make it so that the fencing kit when placed has a duration of some sort before it disappears, have it reset on any server restart, or widen the "use area" when trying to take it down with a toolbox to be the whole barbwire fence itself, rather than just the very center of it. For example, on one of my favorite servers someone has placed a barbwire fence in front of a ladder making it inaccessible unless taken down, yet this isn't the irritating part. The irritating part is that the center of the barbwire fence is hidden behind a wall and can never be taken down, hence no one can ever use that ladder in game because barbwire fences do not have a duration, and the center of it is hidden meaning it cannot be taken down. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

Another thing that could possibly be touched upon is the fencing kit and how it never disappears unless taken down with a toolbox which is way harder than it sounds. Could you possibly make it so that the fencing kit when placed has a duration of some sort before it disappears' date=' have it reset on any server restart, or widen the "use area" when trying to take it down with a toolbox to be the whole barbwire fence itself, rather than just the very center of it. For example, on one of my favorite servers someone has placed a barbwire fence in front of a ladder making it inaccessible unless taken down, yet this isn't the irritating part. The irritating part is that the center of the barbwire fence is hidden behind a wall and can never be taken down, hence no one can ever use that ladder in game because barbwire fences do not have a duration, and the center of it is hidden meaning it cannot be taken down. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

[/quote']

My guess is this is fixed with the right-click context menu for equipment noted in the patch notes, as well as the two other notes regarding fencing in the patch notes. Not a duration, but being able to remove the fence without having to find the 6x6 group of clickable pixels.

[/quote']

Humanity has nothing to do with your clothes anymore unless I'm mistaken. And even if it does, it really shouldn't.

I completely hope that clothes will be lootable. They're clothes. Granted they could be ruined when you ventilate someone a bit too much. Also washing blood off... more features!

there will be people that dont die every 15 minutes' date=' it will set apart those that are surviving longer. yes, clones are a bad thing. but that does not justify persistence of skins. it just highlights the need for randomised starting clothing.

[/quote']

Also this.

One point of those kits is that they are persistent. The goal is to eventually allow players to fortify things. Tank traps, fencing kits and sandbag/pits are currently what's up.

With hatchets and wood we may see some more types in the form of fences or wooden barricades.