rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

adding mental illnesses

I think there is plenty of that already ;)

I do think there is some room to expand the medical system but haven't really looked at that so far.

thinking mgs3 level gameplay or more loot?

Updated Changelog:

* [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 5 minutes)

* [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)

* [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)

* [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)

* [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)

* [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)

* [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)

* [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)

* [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)

* [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests

* [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin

* [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin

adding mental illnesses

I think there is plenty of that already ;)

I do think there is some room to expand the medical system but haven't really looked at that so far.

Well you could have a sex action that will increase temperature in desperate times but yields the chance of contracting a STD. Also the screams from peeing due to Chlamydia while attract zeds.

Rocket, any negative to chopping wood? So that there is a balancing thought process to the procedure. Such as a loud noise that can be heard by zombies or nearby players. Chopping wood is not a silent process and people would hear it.

Updated Changelog:

* [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests

:heart:

(This is more constructive than words)

Is the hatchet going to take yet another inventory slot or is it marked as a tool?

Item slot.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

[FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)

---------

Are both choppers safe now? (Green & Grey)

I'm hoping this hasn't been answered yet - will bandit skins be removed in the next 1.x update, or with 1.5.9?

+1. I'd rather have a percentage than a Farhenheit scale' date=' much easier to read.

[/quote']

Yeah, I wouldnt know what temperature is too low, por too high, or whatever.

Seeing how much shit we have to carry around and how little inventory space there is. I'll make a character named Keith Flint [Firestarter] running around with Wood, a fire axe, matches, and fire wood.

Rocket is a scam.

confirmed reddit scum!

PS. I am joking. I love reddit.

They are the most delicious tears of all.

What about the issue with the vehicles' date=' tents, and etc being broken...

Looks good, anyway. Can't wait for the fix.

[/quote']

This..

Spent 5 hours last night trying to pitch a tent in 100s of various locations.

Now even if I get it down, Id worry about losing it due to server restarts.

My number one request is to fix the glitch where zombies get alerted through walls when they can't see you and you're not making any sound. Far too often I lay prone motionless in a house, and one zombie starts going nuts just outside, because it magically spotted me.

My number one request is to fix the glitch where zombies get alerted through walls when they can't see you and you're not making any sound. Far too often I lay prone motionless in a house' date=' and one zombie starts going nuts just outside, because it magically spotted me.

[/quote']

This, and perhaps rolling out vehicles for testing, that'd be awesome.

Rocket, You are what all devs should be like. Good community presence, Frequent updates on what's going on, the ability to have a laugh! You win at life.

Once the hatchet is implemented; how about making wood abundant, since, well, it IS abundant, and adding a count of 20 to the matches while making them more accessible rather than only at the store since many homeowners use matches to light their own fire places? Surely that is easily done since you have the GUI and models for the matches and just have to write a similar script as the flares or chemical lights, etc. It would also prevent survivors from having to occupy 2 slots for wood. And allow players to cut wood wherever there are objects of certain class names. The chopping wood would actually make noise but gathering from woodpiles would not.

Since the flashlight takes the place of a pistol, why not add batteries as magazines?

Would it not be easier/cheaper/more efficient to create this mod for servers that run the persistence scripts on their servers which manage all users that use their server rather than having a global persistence system? You usually only play with whoever is on the server at that time and it would prevent the whole server response thing because of impatient gamers as well as create a better bug handing situation for you devs who must be, going out of your minds. Server owners could even set it up and manage the system on their own across multiple servers. Is that the actual plan?

You only have so many inventory spaces in your backpack, you know. The changes you're suggesting are sort of pushing the smaller backpack's loadouts.

Rooket can you fix the loot spawns on Omtel Island? The loot spawns under the Boat garage and ontop of the water making it impossible to fetch.

Rocket, what about melee weapon in the game?

Sometimes I'm feeling like i really need it. For example, i dont want to attract zombies just for killing a cow. Or it would be really cool to stab a sniper in the back with a knife.

Also, it's way more realistic, i think - this is not a militarist country in the end, so real weapons must be very rare. At the opposite - all sorts of knifes, baseball bats, tubes - they must be everywhere. How about wood stick as start weapon instead of makarov? This will also reduce the PK amount at the starting locations.

So, Rocket, if u can, please, respond!

Rocket' date=' what about melee weapon in the game?

Sometimes I'm feeling like i really need it. For example, i dont want to attract zombies just for killing a cow. Or it would be really cool to stab a sniper in the back with a knife.

Also, it's way more realistic, i think - this is not a militarist country in the end, so real weapons must be very rare. At the opposite - all sorts of knifes, baseball bats, tubes - they must be everywhere. How about wood stick as start weapon instead of makarov? This will also reduce the PK amount at the starting locations.

So, Rocket, if u can, please, respond!

[/quote']

Uh.. there was no specific ending. There was a couple endings to Chernarus, here is what happens at the end..

http://i.imgur.com/5y7d7.jpg