Jackftw

Take out .50 cals

NOOOOO, I have AS50 And I don't kill people, but I could!

I just like this rifle, Its just great I like its sound!!

I use it mostly as binoculars B) so its useful! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Get rid of the rifles and pistols too while you're at it. Or just put them in 1/50 buildings you search. You're crying about it but yet you have it in your inventory.

Maybe you wouldn't find an AS50 at a russian military base. I can also guarantee you wouldn't find any zombies at one either.

Never underestimate the power of the Jamie Hyneman zombies.

• Like 3

Hacking and Duping are the obvious reasons these weapons are so common, but it's not the only reason. I've seen 3x M107, M14 AIM, L85 Thermal and an ammo crate full of stanags at 1 chopper crash. I have personally never seen an AS50 spawn, but between all the members of my clan I think we've seen more than a dozen of them in the last month or so. All legit spawns. I've walked away from M4A3 CCO's on several occations simply because I didn't need it. Had the room to carry it, but it was just another gun. If you manage to keep yourself alive and "unhacked" for a long enough period of time you'll start to realize that finding the best gear in the game is in all actuality, extremely easy.

Get rid of the rifles and pistols too while you're at it. Or just put them in 1/50 buildings you search. You're crying about it but yet you have it in your inventory.

Yup, exactly. I have one, I have one almost all the time yet I STILL think it should be removed. I'm a hardcore ''zombie fan'' and no good zombie film/book has ever involved people loling through towns and military camps/bases with AM rifles and suppressed weapons.

Lets keep it the way it is and stop nagging about it like a bunch of sissies.

• Like 1

I think they should reduce the spawn rates on these guys, not necessarily take them out of the game.

I usually find a bison, as50 and a FAL at nearly ever heli crash I find

Yup, exactly. I have one, I have one almost all the time yet I STILL think it should be removed. I'm a hardcore ''zombie fan'' and no good zombie film/book has ever involved people loling through towns and military camps/bases with AM rifles and suppressed weapons.

I dunno... if the zombie apocalypse does happen... I think I'm headed to the nearest unaffected military base and telling them to hand me the biggest gun they got and point me toward some zombies.....

There should be military weapons, but they should be extremely rare! Not finding military weapons at a military base is like not finding food in a super market. You want to take out all the food too? Lets take out the drinks while we are at it. Take out the zombies too, that's unrealistic. Actually, lets assume people are no longer living on the island.

Ahh, another day another problem solved.

• Like 1

How strong can the average survivor potentially be?

One of these rifles weighs like 30 lbs, add to this the already heavy coyote bag full of food cans with an assault rifle in it.

Then put an axe, a tool box, binoculars, a rangefinder and a GPS on his belt.

Don't forget to put a chopper main rotor assembly, a car wheel and a full Jerry Can in his pockets...

And the guy can still run a mile in 4 minutes. :huh:

Edited by Nucleqrwinter
  • Like 3

Inventory + Backpack Page 1

dkYR7.jpg

Inventory + Backpack Page 2

1Gr8f.jpg

This gear in a zombie apocalypse? Seem's totally legit.

Sorry, but you're not going to find this shit in an apocalyptic wasteland.

You will find this in any military barracks in the world lol.

In this case, we play on a map that was in progress of a military invasion, so you would probably find more weapons then just in the "normal country" would you not?

• Like 1

How strong can the average survivor potentially be?

One of these rifles weighs like 30 lbs, add to this the already heavy coyote bag full of food cans with an assault rifle in it.

Then put an axe, a tool box, binoculars, a rangefinder and a GPS on his belt.

Don't forget to put a chopper main rotor assembly, a car wheel and a full Jerry Can in his pockets...

And the guy can still run a mile in 4 minutes. :huh:

^ lol

• Like 1

If you're such a hardcore "zombie fan" then why do you do shit that wouldn't be realistic in a zombie apocalypse? You're such a hypocrite. Stop going from town to town looking for weapons. If you encounter a weapon just leave it there. And since when did anyone say this is modeled after a film or book?

• Like 1

Assuming someone hasn't taken them already. I mean come on, I can't be the only one who think's its ridiculous that in a zombie apocalypse there are people running around in ghillie suits with NVG's, M107's/AS50's M9SD's and all this crazy military gear. It's just taking away from the zombie apocalyptic atmosphere.

Its this thing called imagination. Give it a try sometime

I don't care about the one shot kill. I think more weapons should be a one shot kill. It's just that all this crazy ass gear kills the immersion, and makes it more of a deathmatch than a zombie survival game.

dayz is NOT a zombie survival mod. the zombies are just too lame and the survival aspect (food and water) is just a joke... dayz as it stands now is just a deathmatch with zombies.

• Like 1

If you're such a hardcore "zombie fan" then why do you do shit that wouldn't be realistic in a zombie apocalypse? You're such a hypocrite. Stop going from town to town looking for weapons. If you encounter a weapon just leave it there. And since when did anyone say this is modeled after a film or book?

So he should play DayZ in a non-optimal way or else he's a hypocrite? Also his point when he talked about films and books was most likely that they have an apocalypse feeling to them that DayZ doesn't have. How can you not get that?

• Like 1

I'm limited with what I can do ''roleplay'' wise. If I tried playing the game the way it should be played I would just get owned by people camping hills sniping noobs. The game in it's current stating is 70% deathmatch, 30% zombie survival.

I would be a very happy man if the game was made more towards the survival.

So he should play DayZ in a non-optimal way or else he's a hypocrite? Also his point when he talked about films and books was most likely that they have an apocalypse feeling to them that DayZ doesn't have. How can you not get that?

He should play it lie the thinks it should be played and quit crying about it.

• Like 1

Its this thing called imagination. Give it a try sometime

If it's only about imagination then you would be okay with it if Rocket added miniguns then?

Edited by Nucleqrwinter
  • Like 2

I'm limited with what I can do ''roleplay'' wise. If I tried playing the game the way it should be played I would just get owned by people camping hills sniping noobs. The game in it's current stating is 70% deathmatch, 30% zombie survival.

I guess it's not your ideal game. Too bad.

The game is no where closed to finished, so maybe he will add perks for not killing others. As it stands now you have all to gain and nothing to lose by killing others. Of course it is going to be a death match. I am sure it will get fixed.