Jackftw

Take out .50 cals

You haven´t got much imagination. Too bad for you.

I don't have an imagination because I'm the one saying that there should be more thought into the game's weapon spawns instead of just throwing all the US/british arma weapons onto the map. yup.

Inventory + Backpack Page 1

Inventory + Backpack Page 2

This gear in a zombie apocalypse? Seem's totally legit.

Sorry, but you're not going to find this shit in an apocalyptic wasteland.

Oh, is this your professional opinion? How many real life zombie apocalypse's in a Russian land have you lived through to build this knowledge based, objective and realistic opinion?

Thats what I thought.

Shut the fuck up.

You are just mad cuz you don't have any.

Did you even see the huge pictures I posted on the first page? You blind bro?

Oh, is this your professional opinion? How many real life zombie apocalypse's in a Russian land have you lived through to build this knowledge based, objective and realistic opinion?

Thats what I thought.

Shut the fuck up.

Zombie apocalypse or not, it's still a nationwide crisis, full of anarchy and chaos. And during all that chaos, I'm 99% sure most of the high tier military equipment would be stripped clean in a matter of hours.

It's a fucking zombie apocalypse in the middle of some random shitty country/area. You're not going to be finding anti-material rifles just laying around.

Where there are military, there are surely anti-material rifles lying around.

OP is mad that he got sniped.

I've replied to so many posts like this it's just annoying now. Please read the entire thread before you post :)

I've replied to so many posts like this it's just annoying now. Please read the entire thread before you post :)

You sound mad.

You sound mad.

oRwPP.jpg

Don't take them out. Make them extremely rare. And if you knew anything, you'd know their at heli crash sites, which actually makes sense, doesn't it?

Don't take them out. Make them extremely rare. And if you knew anything, you'd know their at heli crash sites, which actually makes sense, doesn't it?

Actually.... not really. Sorry but you're not going to be inside of a helicopter with a giant AM rifle. If anything, you would have an M24 or DMR. But I do understand your point, and like others have said before, the only reason 80% of players have an AS50/M107 is because of duping, so none of us can accurately judge the rarity of the weapon.

Edited by Jackftw

since we are talking about realism here I think morphine should be removed from the game, since healing bones doesn't happen in 1 second after an injection.

FIX IT.

btw, if you break ur bones you are fucked for life unless you can put a cast on it and wait couple of weeks.

Edited by maximiliousP

since we are talking about realism here I think morphine should be removed from the game, since healing bones doesn't happen in 1 second after an injection.

FIX IT.

btw, if you break ur bones you are fucked for live unless you can put a cast on it and wait couple of weeks.

I think implementing leg braces would be sick! You break your leg and need to use a wood pile to craft a (wooden) leg brace.

Thank god the community isn't full of people like you or we'd end up shooting lollipop launchers on pink dinosaurs.

Yeah actually what I meant is that it would take several years for the weather to destroy all the vehicles the way it did in DayZ and if the events of DayZ are indeed several years after the initial infection then the base would actually be empty.

Then I ask you, why the hell do we spawn on the coast with nothing? Where have we been for 4-7 years? Hibernating?

No sniper rifles and snowball fights would make it really interesting.

Sniping is a good threat. Always watch your profile, run zig zag and the snipers usually concentrate in certain areas.

If you stand up in the airfield towers, your problem. I crouch as soon as i go upstairs. Scan the horizon etc. the point is to survive in an extremely high risk area.

Plan your point of entry, through woods as much as possible.

It's a fucking zombie apocalypse in the middle of some random shitty country/area. You're not going to be finding anti-material rifles just laying around.

For me that is the most fun part - from spawning until you get an as50/m107 or L85 is fun, but the real fun starts when you have them :-)

Then I ask you, why the hell do we spawn on the coast with nothing? Where have we been for 4-7 years? Hibernating?

Perhaps we've been surviving, and used all our ammo, and most of our medical supplies?

No sniper rifles and snowball fights would make it really interesting.

Sniping is a good threat. Always watch your profile, run zig zag and the snipers usually concentrate in certain areas.

If you stand up in the airfield towers, your problem. I crouch as soon as i go upstairs. Scan the horizon etc. the point is to survive in an extremely high risk area.

Plan your point of entry, through woods as much as possible.

This isn't an anti sniper thread, its only an anti .50 thread :P

This isn't an anti sniper thread, its only an anti .50 thread :P

I think if you get hit by a cz550 or an as50 is irrelevant. Maybe the as50 nukes you immediately, but if people wouldnt alt f4 many would lie around and then get picked off in the next shot.

And irl maybe the as50 spreads your organs in a random pattern over the daisies, but you are unlikey to bunny hop away if hit by a normal sniper rifle. They are generally built to kill and not to loose some hp and see a bit less colour.

Edited by Ankhenaten

I think there should be suitcase nukes in the game. Or turn the beaches into minefields. Sorry I'm off topic.

Perhaps we've been surviving, and used all our ammo, and most of our medical supplies?

Wasn't yelling at you but I agree. However it doesn't making much sense that we just walk into cherno/elektro get the supplies and go on living. What I quoted before just doesnt make sense that it would be YEARS after the infection hit. I say a couple months at most.

Only reason it's a problem is because of a) duping B) hackers and c) military zombies, who are wearing body armour are just as easy to avoid and kill as civ zombies. A zombie wearing a helmet and armour should be harder to kill. There should also be way more of them to make getting in and out of high loot areas an actual challenge and an actual threat. At the moment all you need to worry about in these places if other players.

If I shoot a zombie wearing a helmet with a little pistol it surely wouldn't stop it since it's functioning on basic instinct of EAT! since that helmet would prevent the bullet from actually reaching the brain, now this means that people would have to start using more powerful weapons to counter that in military zones. so if I shoot a zombie with my powerful gun I will attract more, and that would be a nightmare if all the zombies in this area are covered in armour.

This way getting in and out of a high level loot zone is actually something to consider, and people may even think twice about taking the shot at other people.

Also, people will keep duping whilst the game bugs and there are arsehole admins who kick players. A couple of days ago, I found an M14 at a crash site, So I took it, I actually wanted a DMR but since I had m14 ammo I dropped my M24 in favour in assumption I would someday find a DMR, so as it stood at that point I had an M14 and an M4A1 CCO With about 300-400 bullets in total between them. Fast forward a bit, I head towards a deer stand. And some douche is there too, he gets trigger happy and starts spraying his AK towards me as if I was his ex-wife. He missed every shot and I pumped two M14 rounds and he was dead within 1 second. I loot his body and find he has an AS50 on him, so I decide to drop the DMR idea and go with the AS50, so I drop the m14 and pick up and AS50 with two mags. I then log out (as I was planning on doing so after I looted the deer stand). So I logged out with an M4 and AS50. When I log back in, I have an M24 and the AS50 with no ammo for either. What the hell? I dropped that M24 at least 40 minutes prior to logging out and the M4 never left my inventory. So why the hell am I left with an M24 and AS50. So, I decide it shouldn’t be a problem I will loot deer stands for an AK to swap the M24, then look for ammo for the AS50 + a new M4 variant or L85. I find a deer stand with an AK, I drop the m24 and get kicked immediately. I then log in to a new server, I have an AS50 and an AK with no ammo (despite picking up the ammo with the AK before)

So, I went from being rich in ammo and weapons to having an AK and AS50 with no ammo for either because of bugs and arsehole admins who kick for no reason. I eventually found a crash site that had only an M249, but I at least have a primary weapon with some ammo so I can start looking for sniper rifle ammo safely. But I will probably spawn in with an FN FAL with no ammo.

As long as this crap happens, people will feel they are entitled to duping and hacking in weapons because if they lose equipment to bugs, they will gain it to bugs with no remorse. Yes a lot of people will still abuse it, but can’t expect people to not dupe items when the game is so hell bent on stripping you of your weapons and putting you in a tough spot.

I think if you get hit by a cz550 or an as50 is irrelevant. Maybe the as50 nukes you immediately, but if people wouldnt alt f4 many would lie around and then get picked off in the next shot.

And irl maybe the as50 spreads your organs in a random pattern over the daisies, but you are unlikey to bunny hop away if hit by a normal sniper rifle. They are generally built to kill and not to loose some hp and see a bit less colour.

All guns are built to kill. That's what guns were invented to do. But you don't magically get a deadlier gun by making the barrel longer. If you want a gun to do more damage to the human body, you need a bigger bullet.

Know what has a bigger bullet than every gun in the game? A shotgun.

Know what has a bigger bullet than every sniper rifle in the game other than the AS50 and M107? Every pistol.

In real life, bullet damage goes in this order from most damage to least damage: Shotgun > AS 50 + M107 > M1911 + Revolver > Winchester > Pistols + PDW + Bizon + MP5 > Lee Enfield + CZ550 > DMR + M24 + AKM + M240 Dragunov + FN FAL > STANAG + AK

But here's how the game treats the guns: AS50 > M107 > Lee Enfield > All other sniper rifles > Shotgun > AKM > All other Assault Rifles > M1911 + Revolver > Pistols + PDW + Bizon + MP5

So you see the shotgun, which is the deadliest gun in real life, is bumped down to the middle of the list. The sniper rifles, which are the weakest guns in real life, end up at the top of the list. And the pistols, which are among the most deadly weapons in real life, end up being not just weak but nearly useless short of a headshot.

But, you know, VideogamesTM.

This is DAY ZERO.

It's not a wasteland - the infection has only just begun,

Military bases are fully stocked (as any would be) as there has been no time to mobilise forces to dispatch the infected.

Also, it's a fucking game.

2srs4u

All i've got is insane.

Hello there slipknot fan :D

All guns are built to kill. That's what guns were invented to do. But you don't magically get a deadlier gun by making the barrel longer. If you want a gun to do more damage to the human body, you need a bigger bullet.
In order to do more damage, you need to transfer more energy into the internal organs of a target, as well as hit vital structures.

Sure, bigger bullets transfer energy more effectively, but higher velocities also work, as does do tumbling and fragmenting bullets.

Lets compare the 9mm bullet to the 7.62 NATO bullet.

1) You think that 9mm is a bigger bullet, when the 7.62 is actually much more massive. The 9mm is usually 115 grains, while the 7.62 tends to be over 150 grains. Caliber isn't the only measure of the size of a bullet.

2) The velocity of that 9mm round is generally less than half what the 7.62 has.

3) The combination of lower velocity and less mass means the 7.62 has FAR more energy to transfer to it's target. The 9mm will kill you if placed in the right spot. The 7.62 will kill you if it passes near the right spot. If the bullet tumbles or fragments, you're almost certainly going to die.

Slugs are similar to pistol rounds in that they're low velocity, but high profile. They're very effective against human targets because they have a high likelyhood of breaking up as they enter the target. Unfortunately, they're not only low velocity, but also rapidly lose velocity. They tend to be effective only over short ranges. Within 20m, any hit to the torso or head should really be a kill. Unfortunately all the damage got nerfed for some reason.

Going back to the high powered rifle, once again the .50BMG round has around 50% more mass than the slug, and is traveling about twice as fast. The slug will tear up your insides, but the .50BMG will blow them right out your back. Not to mention, it doesn't lose it's velocity NEARLY as fast as the slug. It's effective up to a mile, where the slug is only effective inside a couple hundred meters.

The only other point I want to make is that barrel length actually does have an effect on lethality. The longer the barrel is, the more time the expanding gas has to push on the bullet. Basically, longer barrels mean higher velocity bullets. There is a limit, where the force of the gas is less than the friction of the barrel, but that limit is more than twice the length of a normal rifle.

It's not a massive difference in rifles, since modern powders are designed to burn very quickly, but it's there. That's one of the reasons the .50 caliber rifles have stupidly long barrels.

Edited by Falcrist