Taggert1313

Your Shoot On Sight Threshold?

i try not to shoot if i am sure the other player didnt see me first.

sometimes im startled when somebody just pops up infront of my most of the time i dont shoot and just try to leave not acting too aggressive, until now it worked unless 2-3 times i died, but thats fine as well.

if i see a player in distance and im sure he has seen me and has some kinda long weapon (sniper etc.) and keeps going my direction i will try to kill him, even if i die.

and if i see a player looting a players corpse even if he doesnt have bandit skin i will just kill him asuming he killed the poor guy and isnt friendly .

Edited by Rhygar666

This is for everyone who doesn't shoot on sight. Perhaps all 2 of you, it is hard to say. Where do you draw the line on shooting someone? If someone isn't being aggressive, when will you still shoot them?

Will you shoot them...

if they are acting weird?

if they don't seem trustworthy?

if they have good gear?

if they won't stop following you?

if they won't respond to you?

if they took something out of your bag?

I try to run away and hide from someone who is acting suspicious.

I will shoot someone who has a gun and won't respond.

I will shoot someone for stealing from me.

I shoot if I can tell from their voice that they haven't been through puberty yet. 100% of kids have tried to kill me when they get the chance.

My general tactic with strangers is to give them an easy chance to kill me and see if they take the bait. The trick is that I am waiting for them, and they usually die instead.

I had a guy who was running around Electro making Jaws music noises(Dun dun... dun dun...). He was acting really weird... and I wanted to shoot him but I resisted.

And I'm sure 90% of you are going to wonder why I care. You shoot people, I avoid it. We both play the game our way. I die more often then you, but sometimes really interesting things happen when you meet strangers.

I only shoot on sight if someone :

Fires at me

Sneaks up on me without stating their intentions, last guy that did that ended up being shot in the legs, would have finished him off but ran out of ammo!

I found a guy yesterday who nearly ran me over in his Tractor he was bleeding so I bandaged him, he wouldn't reply when I asked for water or even if he was friendly, he stood still for about 3 minutes and I was in a rush to meet up with my friend before I died (8km away). I shot him 6 times but he DC'd.

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Only have mercy if they are completely unarmed. Unless they have something neat like a ghillie.

But you can't loot skins off of dead players, so why would you kill someone in a ghillie?

Hug everybody. Give them blood bags.

Unless its Namalsk. Thats just a giant deathmatch. Thankfully, I don't like to play that map a lot.

If you haven't seen me and aren't hunting fresh spawns, I'll let you pass on by. I reserve the right to change my mind the moment I think you're hunting me or are a forward scout for a squad.

If you've seen me and have a long gun, you're getting shot.

If you've seen me and approach me with a pistol or hatchet equipped, you get shot if you don't heed my warning over Direct Voice.

If you've seen me and approach me unarmed and don't respond to Direct Voice, you get shot if you try to follow me when I back off.

Spray and pray, m60 machine gun #YOLO#SWAG lol_face_by_redlion4201-d4qezio.jpg

Edited by diddi
  • Like 1

I've been playing for two days, and I have already killed one dude...

Personally, I don't believe in KOS or banditry at all, but I can see how it is practical in its application. I won't shoot someone unless they don't respond with VOIP or sidechat, and if they do respond I don't hang around to chat. Besides, most people I've met over VOIP are sore buttholes. But not enough of one to make me shoot them.

I don't shoot immediately on sight unless I turn a corner and you are inches from my face with a weapon pointed at me.

I usually play very quiet and try to leave as little of a trail as possible, including one of bodies.

If they do not respond to hails, or act in the least hostile, I will either GTFO or shoot.

Up to recently If I bumped into someone close by i.e in a building I make sure I point my weapon away from them, make sure my actions do not look hostile and try to make contact. Most of the time the other player pauses for a bit not knowing what to do then just shoots me!!!!

So now I have the mind set if I bump into someone who sees me too I just shoot them before they shoot me regardless of gear! From my experience they are just going to shoot me regardless what I do.

If I come across someone who is not aware of my presence I will not engage, instead I will wAit for them to leave the area before continuing.

I've tried to trust players.............

If I was looking to shoot on sight, I'd play CoD, or some other skill-less POS FPS.

There is one exclusion to my rule: Ghillie suits I don't trust at all. If they have a sniper rifle, they die.

And bandit masks. You got a bandit mask, I don't care HOW you got it, I'm going to drop you. It's not worth losing hours of my time because 90% of bandits want to be pricks.

But normal suited guys just looting? I'm cautious enough to avoid them 90% of the time, and the 10% of the time I end up face-to-face, I move and take cover. If they open fire, I fire back.

Ghillies and bandits are the only 'shoot first and ask questions later' people or me. Also, anyone with a .50.

If there's two survivors at once? BAIL. For some reason, groups are much, much more likely to try to murder you.

I don't like shooting other players. KOS cavemen really do make this game the most psychologically intense experience I've had since being a teenager playing Doom on LSD. If it comes down to me or you dying I'll do what I can to make a corpse of the latter. If I don't absolutely need to kill you, have a fun evening. That said, I do like scaring people as a community service venture.

• Like 1

I don't like shooting other players. KOS cavemen really do make this game the most psychologically intense experience I've had since being a teenager playing Doom on LSD. If it comes down to me or you dying I'll do what I can to make a corpse of the latter. If I don't absolutely need to kill you, have a fun evening. That said, I do like scaring people as a community service venture.

You are welcome. If only more people relized this. If there were no PvP this mod would have died out last April.

My threshold for shooting on site is to ask in the TS I am on if anyone could possible be my target. If they all say no ( most of the time I know where everyone is) I shoot.

You are welcome. If only more people relized this. If there were no PvP this mod would have died out last April.

My threshold for shooting on site is to ask in the TS I am on if anyone could possible be my target. If they all say no ( most of the time I know where everyone is) I shoot.

sounds like a pussy server

sounds like a pussy server

At what point do I mention a server I play on? If you think you can hang come try it out. rapedungen.net #1 you might have heard of it. It plays Taviana and is 50/50/24/7. I nor the group I play with has anything to do with running the server. We just play on it and have our own TS. And let me be clear I know where most of the people on the TS I use are. If you are thinking I am an admin with an admin tool to see the whole server you are dead wrong.

A bandit is shoot on sight for me.

Anything else is avoid and kill if they have seen me/are shooting at me.

Survivor killed me for my big bird truck yesterday.

Got lucky and spawned close, flipped a coin and headed in one of the two directions, I figured he'd chose. I got luck at found a player with the same type of weapon that killed me near NE airfield and spotted the yellow truck and decided to take him down. He claimed it wasn't him, but my own mind decided the killing was justified.

Obviously I can't know for sure, but I suppress any doubts I have to maintain my self image as the flawless hero. :)

Yes bandits are KOS, if there aren't bandits, they shouldn't be in populated areas.

Edited by Dallas

Generally, if they're carrying a weapon bigger than a pistol I'll drop them on sight.

If they follow me around they die.

If they get too close to one of my buds, they die.

Oh yeah, and if they have a hatchet, they die too. Fuckin' hatchets.

Edited by Pandema

I just started playing again after about a month plus departure. Joining up with friends we usually, since there is nothing else to do in this game, gather all our necessities and then go shoot people. Sometimes we'll just run straight into Electro or Cherno and hatchet it up with the rest of the players as, again... there is nothing else to do in this game.

Though every server there are hackers, teleporters, god mode, etc. This mod really is on some borrowed time and lacking in replayability

I will shoot if:

1) regardless of weapon or location, I will not think twice before putting him down.

2) If armed and I see then first, if they have decent loot I might go for the kill.

3) if they see me first and fire, ill fire back.

I won shoot if

1) Hero skin

2) survivor that has no weapon or low grade weapons

3) if they made contact with me any time prior to the confrontation

4)If they spot me first and seems friendly.

I'm replacing my 6 year old PC in a few days. I'm killing every motherfucker I see.

Usually just instinct.

Also some people have a voice, and I'm just like "I don't care if I die or not, I want to try and get on his good side!"