Sign in to follow this  
YouCan'tGetRidOfMe

B.I. doesn't give a shit about you...

I have a friend that I game with. He is military contractor (former military). He works on base. He knows the VBS2 team, on base, personally. He loves(loved) DayZ. He asked why they aren't doing a damn thing to secure or make this amazing concept better.

They laughed, followed by... "We don't care about the commercial market. ARMA series is not meant to be played on open systems like the internet. We designed it for the user(s) to have full control of the editor, in game. Be thankful it was even released for the private entity."

That is the fucking grossest thing I've ever heard spoken from a rep from any corp. If you aren't gonna support it, don't release it and FUCK OFF!

That is my response. I am seriously thinking about starting a petition and talking to a lawyer about what we can do to get our money back. Cause that is what they will listen too. If half of us slapped them with a class action lawsuit, you think they would listen?

I bet they would.

Fuck BI and fuck their non-participation.

I know this probably wouldn't be fruitful but I am a motherfucker when I get pissed on and make no mistake BI is pissing on us. Especially when they took our money and fixed their game for the 15K Artic circle players that still play the Arma game, but disregard the almost million plus players of this game. Which, mind you, is based fully off their shit ass, non-secure engine.

Fuck them, fuck them in their shitty asses.

• Like 4

The engine isn't meant for a game like this yeah, but you'd expect some support frmo them when DayZ alone has increased ARMA2 sales by over 600%

Wow. Just plain wow.

Let me give you some advise and this goes to more than just a computer game when it comes to life.

Do some research.

I've played the Arma franchise for years. The sandbox design of the game is not secret. It's open for a reason. The contractor could have been more tactful in his response but what he said has truth. The engine was never intended for the commercial market that have large followings that hackers migrate to.

The Arma series has always catered to military sim fans and this is a very small market. When you rent a server for vanilla ARma2, you as an admin have the right to password the servers, lock the servers and ban players.

Rocket has produced a mod using a sandbox game engine and does not allow admin control as seen in vanilla Arma2. The fault doen't lie with BIS as it is a free mod created by an indivdual.

So your lawsuit is frivolous as BIS did not release DayZ. Actually, no corporation released this mod. You bought the Arma2 game to play a free game mod.

Edited by Mega_Death
  • Like 4

What would you open a class action law suit against them for? They did nothing wrong...

I have a friend that I game with. He is military contractor (former military). He works on base. He knows the VBS2 team, on base, personally. He loves(loved) DayZ. He asked why they aren't doing a damn thing to secure or make this amazing concept better.

They laughed, followed by... "We don't care about the commercial market. ARMA series is not meant to be played on open systems like the internet. We designed it for the user(s) to have full control of the editor, in game. Be thankful it was even released for the private entity."

That is the fucking grossest thing I've ever heard spoken from a rep from any corp. If you aren't gonna support it, don't release it and FUCK OFF!

That is my response. I am seriously thinking about starting a petition and talking to a lawyer about what we can do to get our money back. Cause that is what they will listen too. If half of us slapped them with a class action lawsuit, you think they would listen?

I bet they would.

Fuck BI and fuck their non-participation.

I know this probably wouldn't be fruitful but I am a motherfucker when I get pissed on and make no mistake BI is pissing on us. Especially when they took our money and fixed their game for the 15K Artic circle players that still play the Arma game, but disregard the almost million plus players of this game. Which, mind you, is based fully off their shit ass, non-secure engine.

Fuck them, fuck them in their shitty asses.

Your username

"Your" friend says

VBS2 team(which is bohemia) has studio on military base

Yeah, completely legit.

You know a guy who knows a guy huh.

• Like 1

Don't fool yourself, they get paid. No matter what they say. They are part of the corp-cog. Should be treated as such. Especially now, that they play the "I am on your guys side, I won't let corporations control this awesome concept." Well,that is a lie when BI took almost 30 million (and growing) for a dead product and won't secure it. I know a guy that works for the Government and has contact with the VBS2 team on base (He is military) and he plays and loves (well, loved) the game. He asked the BI team on base why they aren't doing anything about the DayZ problem with almost a million customers plus. Their response.... "We don't really care, BI doesn't really care about the commercial market. We released it as a gift to you guys. It isn't meant to be played online with open servers (OMFG) but more on closed secure systems." Well, they did release it, and they by law should support it. I am saddened cause I thought BI was a reputable CORP, and with them being Slavic (slavics, at least Polish Slavs, usually stand up for the little guy -- look up your history) I guess those Czech douchebags need to turn in their card. This whole thing is fucking gross.

Here's his previous post he likes to repeat things.

Why should anyone get a refund?

Because he got all butthurt about buying a good (Not great mind you) game for an alpha test. So obviously this entitles him to his money back.

Here's his previous post he likes to repeat things.

I wish you could downvote people on the forum. This guy is spewing more shit then the shacks on shalka

I wish you could downvote people on the forum. This guy is spewing more shit then the shacks on shalka

So you have the beans button in the corner and it's blue-green, and under that there's a red one that says "BULLETS MOTHER FUCKER!"

• Like 7

Hello there

If Bohemia doesn't care, why the frequent beta patches? DLC's? support in their forums from the dev's?

Even if their is a hint of truth to this, it's probably some jumped up salesperson trying to boost the customers egos for a sale, or to look cool in front of the military by putting the common person down.

On the whole it's a load of tosh.

rgds

LoK

Wait your telling me companies only care about the money we give them...OMG MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE...

OMG...does that mean the hookers that leave after getting paid...ONLY CAME FOR THE MONEY AND NOT MY PENIS??? OMG WHHYYYY

• Like 15

Wait your telling me companies only care about the money we give them...OMG MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE...

OMG...does that mean the hookers that leave after getting paid...ONLY CAME FOR THE MONEY AND NOT MY PENIS??? OMG WHHYYYY

Post of the day! :D

• Like 1

This response is exactly why corps release shit, unfinished products. All the while, you guys pay them money for it, smiling and protecting while they are deep dicking you.

Cool. Not me, though. I will stand up and say something.

Here is something...

Arma 3 won't fix any of these issues. It is the same unsecure system with prettier lights.

GG!

This is what VBS2 (Arma 2) is made for. Wasnt really designed to be a video game, It was designed to used on a closed network where you just know nobody is going to be cheating because they are using it for training sims. Not to play "teh PvPzzz" and the "Zombieszszws!@#!OMG"

I hope that makes sense.

What I am trying to say is unlike commercial video games, which especially for online compeditive games, the game always assumes that the user is going to cheat and has lots of checks and measures to prevent that. VBS2 (Arma 2) was designed from the ground up to to be modable and perform so many functions, and be used as a training simulator, so its actually designed to be used with all these scripts the "hackers" are using. Thats the problem with Arma 2.

It's NOT a video game, its a trainng sim in video game "skin"

Edited by Oddzball
  • Like 2

How's it going cRy. You obviously have nothing better to do than to create new user IDs and troll the forums.

Bravo good chap.

Move along folks, nothing to see here other than your garden variety troll.

• Like 3

Hello there

If Bohemia doesn't care, why the frequent beta patches? DLC's? support in their forums from the dev's?

Even if their is a hint of truth to this, it's probably some jumped up salesperson trying to boost the customers egos for a sale, or to look cool in front of the military by putting the common person down.

On the whole it's a load of tosh.

rgds

LoK

The only things they have done that affected DayZ is put in a filter to take out DayZ servers (for ARMA 2 players) and nerfed weapons (for Arma 2 players) on the engine. Notice, how they are bringing back the damage to zombies (pistols) next DayZ patch)?My logic is sound. Your logic is flawed. Get a clue.

This response is exactly why corps release shit, unfinished products. All the while, you guys pay them money for it, smiling and protecting while they are deep dicking you.

Cool. Not me, though. I will stand up and say something.

Here is something...

Arma 3 won't fix any of these issues. It is the same unsecure system with prettier lights.

GG!

See, the problem is... what you are saying cannot be proven in any way.

I agree that if what you are saying is true, it's fucking digusting.... but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. This is how the real world is... everyone shitting on everyone else to get on top.

HOWEVER... nothing you said here can be substantiated in any way apart from your comments here... it's hearsay an cannot be proven.

~Sol

How's it going cRy. You obviously have nothing better to do than to create new user IDs and troll the forums.

Bravo good chap.

Move along folks, nothing to see here other than your garden variety troll.

You mad, bro?I live a nice life. I have free time. Because I am a Remote-Translator for a Global Corp. I make money while shitting on BI. LOL. They deserve it.