Xianyu

Why this mod is failing

Alt+f4 disconnects

I didn't think Alt-F4 worked any more, it seems to be disabled on my game.

My god. I didn't truly realise how many retards were on the forums when I made this thread...

I put it right there in the first post...I've never been sniped. Not once.

Well, unless you count that one time I died to a sniper spawning literally in front of my in the barracks and blowing my head off with a .50. That's not really getting sniped, though.

I don't get killed by bandits. I know how to find my shit. But I discovered something.

You have nothing to do once you know all how to gain all these items with ease. I don't want to go kill noobs. I don't want to have to go spoil someone elses fun. That just isn't fun to me, because I'm not that kind of person. And I can't go HELP people, because guess what? The community has already skewed the gameplay towards 'shoot on FUCKING SIGHT!' so far that 98% of people will shoot you before attempting to talk to you, and 80% will STILL shoot you even if you announce 'friendly'.

Bandits make this game fun.

But rampant CoD fuckstains strung along the coast and up at the NW portions of the map have ruined the game.

The game is what we make it yes. And we've made it crap. Maybe not crap for you, who likes to sit in the grass with a sniper rifle and shoot people for fun. No. We've made the game shite for everyone ELSE.

• Like 2

This mod is clearly not failing, your post is.

I think you deserve a prize for being the HUNDREDTH FUCKING PERSON TO SAY THIS.

Jesus. Fucking. H. Christ.

Are you all retarded? Did I once say 'This game is in DECLINE because'? Did I say 'This game is not SELLING because'? No. I said it's FAILING.

fail·ure (famacr.giflprime.gifyschwa.gifr)

n.

1. The condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends: the failure of an experiment.

2. One that fails: a failure at one's career.

3. The condition or fact of being insufficient or falling short: a crop failure.

4. A cessation of proper functioning or performance: a power failure.

5. Nonperformance of what is requested or expected; omission: failure to report a change of address.

6. The act or fact of failing to pass a course, test, or assignment.

7. A decline in strength or effectiveness.

8. The act or fact of becoming bankrupt or insolvent.

I highlighted the ones that apply, as a great many of you obviously lack basic reading comprehension and don't understand anything more subtle than a brick to the face.

This mod sets out to be something different. But it's not.

It's deathmatch with zombies. You find kit, you kill noobs. That's it. The end result is always the same. No matter how many 'oh hey, I made up a NEW thing to do!' ideas you come up. the be-all, end-all of this mod for the majority of its players is to just kill other players. Not survive, like it's supposed to be. Just kill. And this is reinforced by both the game design and the community.

Grow. A. Fucking. Brain. PLEASE.

We just hit 900k.

Are we still failing your highness?

Also... I dont see you making mods that do any better :D

Edited by core.-

We just hit 900k.

Read the post before yours. You know, if you can comprehend anything beyond 'qq more' any more.

You can tell its school holidays. 20 pages of the same shit, please close this thread.

Edited by Horrgakx
  • Like 1

Read the post before yours. You know, if you can comprehend anything beyond 'qq more' any more.

I REFUSE GOOD SIR!

I believe it is YOU who are actually doing the qqing!

You are using the all too famous "Blame your opponents of qqing so it seems like you are not the one qqing" technique of qqing!

Face it pal. You are the one crying. Either man up and create your own mod or just put up with it.

You'll prolly get 900k unique users in a day with your successfull ideas.

Edited by core.-

Mod is not failing by any definition of the word.

Right now, a part of the player population is under the delusion that this is L4D. Banditry isn't going anywhere. Either adapt to a sandbox game mentality, and do something about it yourself, start the Whitehat Anti-Bandit Fluffy Motherfuckers clan, or play something else. That is all.

Even after this part of the player population leaves, the game (standalone soon enough hopefully) will have enough of a following to be viable for Bohemia to support.

You can tell its school holidays. 20 pages of the same shit, please close this thread.

Or maybe a moderator should clean this thread of all this bullshit to let a civil discussion.

\

This mod sets out to be something different. But it's not.

It's deathmatch with zombies. You find kit, you kill noobs. That's it. The end result is always the same. No matter how many 'oh hey, I made up a NEW thing to do!' ideas you come up. the be-all, end-all of this mod for the majority of its players is to just kill other players. Not survive, like it's supposed to be. Just kill. And this is reinforced by both the game design and the community.

Grow. A. Fucking. Brain. PLEASE.

Maybe that's a failure by your standards but maybe lots of people actually want that gameplay? PvP is fun, this is the most complex pvp out there and you want to take that away. You may have your idealization of what DayZ ought to be like, with everyone helping each other, but it was never like that (except maybe in the beginning when only a couple people played) and it probably will never be like that.

Edited by Benjamin

If you want a game where players aren't assholes, go get L4D, Black Ops, or any other game. DayZ is a mod about pure survival. Kill or be killed. There would be absolutely no fun in dayZ if it was player vs zombies. It would just like EVERY other zombie game. Have you not fel the thrill of following a player with amazing loot, and he does not know you are there? Or the sound of a vehicle driving around, and you wip out your sniper rifle and hit the driver in the head, free vehicle! Maybe coming across a squads base, loads of gear. Come on now. Don't be whining about players killing you? Just sit back and enjoy it. The thrill of it is being the best of the best. And at some point, when your on top of a hill, sniping down onto some airfield, with absolutely everything you could want, bandages, morphine, painkillers, ammo, the best guns and a vehicle, a noob with a pistol and nothing else is going to sneak right up from behind you and shoot you. And then they start from the bottom again.

To OP:

lol....or....hacks are ruining the game....

Now, that is a real problem. If DayZ falls apart, it will be because of the hackers.

And at some point, when your on top of a hill, sniping down onto some airfield, with absolutely everything you could want, bandages, morphine, painkillers, ammo, the best guns and a vehicle, a noob with a pistol and nothing else is going to sneak right up from behind you and shoot you. And then they start from the bottom again.

That's why this game destroys mmo's and games with silly +10000 super power perks. A bullet is a bullet and you have to fear all of them.

It is what is wrong with the game, but it isn't failing.

Id love to help players or group up with other players, but they will shoot you in the back the second you hand them a gun or get some good loot.

I don't mind being killed by bandits, I did when I first started, but now not so much. I like having firefights and all that, but I don't really WANT people shooting at me.

I'll defend my "Return fire only" policy to the death (or more so: deaths) and I warn anyone I see to part ways with me when I do see them.

Plus my friend is usually 1000+ meters away outside the city with a 50 cal covering my position, so even if I die Ill get my stuff back one way or another.

Though honestly I die more in this mod by ramping bikes off mountains or falling off buildings than I do players or zombies.

Maybe that's a failure by your standards but maybe lots of people actually want that gameplay? PvP is fun, this is the most complex pvp out there and you want to take that away. You may have your idealization of what DayZ ought to be like, with everyone helping each other, but it was never like that (except maybe in the beginning when only a couple people played) and it probably will never be like that.

PvP sure is complex, what with the dupeing, server hopping, disconnectings, ghosting, etc. definately the best out there.

• Like 1

We just hit 900k.

does that count all the people that have stoped playing too...

• Like 1

Every day another thread, another circular discussion going nowhere because the discussion is based upon a fundamentally flawed premise: that there are two types of people in DayZ - survivors and bandits.

Nobody ever wants to account for the fact that most players are somewhere in between.

I do all of the things people seem to claim they want from the "survivor" portion of this game - I travel with companions, I share food, water and equipment, I bandage wounds and apply blood bags and epi-pens, I defend my friends from zombies and players, I cooperate to build and repair vehicles, I search for high-value loot, I've explored every inch of the map, I help new players learn the game and acquire basic tools for survival, etc. I do all of this every day I play the game.

But, I do it with people I know and trust.

If I don't know you and don't trust you and you run up on my squad expecting a high-five and a hug? You're going to get whipped into a fine paste by my M249.

Is that a flaw in the game design? That I don't want to be best friends with every stranger that sidles up to me unannounced?

I say no. I say a flaw would be some system of arbitrary and artificial restrictions and rules that would force me to be friends with you even though I don't want to. There are reasons I don't have more friends than I do already, and I don't want to play a game that forces me to make more. The day rocket adds some mechanic to force me to team up with every Cheeto-fingered, Mt. Dew-swilling ne'er-do-well who plays the game is the day I retire.

I've tried cooperating with random strangers I meet in the game. They run when they should walk, stand when they should crawl, shoot when they should wait, approach when they should stay back, lack communication skills, basic terrain knowledge, map-reading skills, etc. This usually results in my death or the death of a friends from either friendly fire or a zombie or hostile player that was alerted to our presence due to the actions of this stranger. It's not worth it. I don't want to be friends with you, okay? I don't want to cooperate with you. I have my squad and we're full so go away or face the consequences, eh?

The real meat of the issue is that people aren't used to playing games where trust and reliability matter so much. In WoW if you get a random dungeon finder with some assholes who don't know what they're doing, big deal. You lose a bit of item durability and 45 minutes. Okay, no biggie.

In DayZ so much more is on the line. Many hours, days, months of play and survival.

I'm sitting on Day 48 with 1200 zombie kills and you want me to put that in the hands of any old jackanapes who pops his head up and says "friendly!"?

Not a fucking chance.

rocket can do all he can to support and encourage cooperation, but he can't "game design" you into human relationships. You have to find those yourself, work on them on your own and then use them in the game to your advantage.

I've met some friendly players that are totally incompetent, and I just leave them alone. But I have met several players that have actually been good companions for a couple hours, and we help each other get geared up, then leave. I dont think the game should FORCE you to be friends, but I think part of DayZ is the fact that you can be put into situations where grouping up with strangers in beneficial, and you make a new friend to play with. It's a hell of alot more intetreesting then just shooting EVERYONE on sight. PvP is vital but it's very overdone, and gets stale when you haven't actually met somone (that doesn't shoot you or run away) in a week of play.

All the noobs sucking at this game much, having nothing better to do then going around forum and posting "DayZ is failing" or "why this mod will die" etc.. look at the forum, its spammed with those sort of threads.

Just gtfo of here and go play CoD. How can this mod be failing? There is not even one thing about this mod failing that can back up your argument at least by 1%. Each day more and more people download arma oa, and come here playing. Its alpha get that in your braindead head. Of course there will be bugs and problems. With every new patch some things get fixed. So cut the crap and get lost.

All the noobs sucking at this game much, having nothing better to do then going around forum and posting "DayZ is failing" or "why this mod will die" etc.. look at the forum, its spammed with those sort of threads.

Just gtfo of here and go play CoD. How can this mod be failing? There is not even one thing about this mod failing that can back up your argument at least by 1%. Each day more and more people download arma oa, and come here playing. Its alpha get that in your braindead head. Of course there will be bugs and problems. With every new patch some things get fixed. So cut the crap and get lost.

id say people are more upset about the direction this game is going then the bugs...

The game had an end-game solution. Habitual PK (bandit skin) versus survivor PvP. Just like Eve has survived so long because its PvP is shaped by the struggle of in-game factions. Maybe it had some minor issues but it was a great mechanic because it made PvP part of the story and allowed new player friendly ad-hoc co-operative player behaviour without limiting PvP. And most of the good press, when they're not just playing with Rocket on a locked server, came from this time.

And then Rocket removed it so it became unstructured (barring out of game groups) and meaningless PK. And he removed it because it was much more important to implement bear-traps... :/

I think someone's butt hurt. Here's the thing...if you can actually imagine a zombie apocalypse, there would be no government, no military and that means NO LAW. Therefore, mindless, senseless killings will take place from those who try to establish themselves as a supreme ruler/king. If you play this game solo...then I can understand how it'd be boring. You need to learn some social skills and take a chance at befriending others and forming or joining a clan. Survival of the fittest...period.

If it was survival of the fittest the world would be ruled by tigers or bears. It's dominated by humans because they are a social animal that naturally works in groups and is made much stronger thereby. This would be especially true when there is a powerful external threat.

I'm really hoping the ones who believe it is only the cops stopping citizens slaughtering each other live far away, because that's a sick society.

• Like 2