Xianyu

Why this mod is failing

I fully comprehend what you are saying, I'm just simply pointing out the fact that you are a tiny minority who feel that way. When you make a misleading and arrogant title about this game with the word "failing" in it what did you seriously expect?

This game would be boooooring without other players wanting to kill you and you having to defend yourself, or the other way.

It's amusing how you tried to preemptively shut down anyone who might suggest you're crying, sorry to break it to you but you are. Here's an idea, create your own solution. A lot of people love this game because of the fact that it's so brutal and open-ended. You sound very much like a MMO player who doesn't understand the concept of sandbox play. "What's the point?!" the point is whatever you make it.

Play on a server where your friends do, develop your own safe zones. Create your own alliances, rivalries, etc. I know you're a badass and all and have never been sniped, but personally I don't agree with your assertion that people being murderous scumbags by nature is ruining the game... it sounds like sour grapes to me.

this mod has already failed miserably... hackers on EVERY server i play... and i mean EVERY server.. died so often and lost all my stuff to hackers on EVERY server i played.... theres no discussion about it... the game is great... but the pathetic game engine and its vulnerabilities to hackers destroyed the mod. maybe the stand alone based on arma3 will be better... maybe..

I fully comprehend what you are saying, I'm just simply pointing out the fact that you are a tiny minority who feel that way. When you make a misleading and arrogant title about this game with the word "failing" in it what did you seriously expect?

>129 beans for the post saying the game is broken

>Tiny minority

Hold onto that dream.

For every person that gave me beans, there's five other people who don't use the forums or already quit the game.

• Like 1

>Tiny minority

Hold onto that dream.

For every person that gave me beans, there's five other people who don't use the forums or already quit the game.

So less than 0.1% of the player base?

Good... very good OP!

About dumb people stating the beans given a clusterfuck of shit! Say that for 1 beans given, it represent 1000 (yes it does, as the mod have 1 million of individual players) other players that are too lazy to have a user on the forum or other similar shit!

>Tiny minority

Hold onto that dream.

It's not a dream, it's reality, you are the one who needs to wake up. Just keep watching the top 3 stats on the main page grow, maybe then you'll get what I'm saying.

It's not a dream, it's reality, you are the one who needs to wake up. Just keep watching the top 3 stats on the main page grow, maybe then you'll get what I'm saying.

You know, I was going to go through a whole rant showing how the stats you hold so highly actually PROVE that bandits are a much bigger problem than you obviously think they are.

But fuck that. I'm done talking at you.

You'll have to tell me one day, how nice it is to be immune to logical arguments through sheer ignorance. It must be nice.

Fact is, Rocket saw the problem. Rocket took measures to fix it. So guess what? Fuck you. If you think bandicktry isn't a problem, then riddle me this: Why is the guy who made the mod taking measures against bandicktry?

• Like 1

Don't blame the people, blame the mechanics. People are like water, they always go the most convenient way. If the mechanics on the game make it so killing other people is not only the best way of surviving and gearing up but also the only challenging thing in game, people will do that.

Don't blame the people, blame the mechanics. People are like water, they always go the most convenient way. If the mechanics on the game make it so killing other people is not only the best way of surviving and gearing up but also the only challenging thing in game, people will do that.

I'm blaming it on a little of both.

People point out that the game is what you make it. And it IS a sandbox environment. I've got a 49 day old character with very good gear, and I play near every day without resorting to murdering sprees. It isn't JUST a case of mechanics. But they are most definitely a huge contributing factor.

I'm blaming it on a little of both.

People point out that the game is what you make it. And it IS a sandbox environment. I've got a 49 day old character with very good gear, and I play near every day without resorting to murdering sprees. It isn't JUST a case of mechanics. But they are most definitely a huge contributing factor.

Then you are purposefully doing things the hard way. You have to make up your own challenge cause the game doesn't support it. It's just like playing without backpack. There is no reason to do that other than to overcome a made up challenge.

Chill out mate. Look at how good eve online is. People murder eachother all day everyday.

This game has the same hardcore elements and frankly it doesn't appeal to everyone.

DayZ is not some AAA title devd by activision. It's a niche mod . Just because people shoot on sight doesn't mean the od is failing. People need to learn to adapt.

>mod is failing

>1,000,000+ unique players

Yeah sure bro, whatever you say.

greentext outside 4chan

go back to reddit man.

Also, 1.000.000 means unique contacts with at least one login inside a server. Sure this mod is full of players but we are 100% sure that the average is much much lower.

Anyway, don't forget that forum users are far below, I'd say, 10%~25% of the total playerbase.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

The PvP as a fundamental aspect of the game isn't the problem. The players choosing to go bandit aren't the problem. The problem is that this isn't a game, it's an experiment. And so far, the results of the experiment are that given this particular zombie apocalypse scenario, everyone will ultimately become a "bandit". Day Z attempts to put people in a world of anarchy (no law, no direction), say "go", and see what happens.

No. This is a game. And honestly im all for team death matches. But i can do that in quake/MW2/BF2 and many others and not have to run 10km to fight someone. And no again not everyone would become a bandit. If i walked up to you on the street pulled a gun and said "gimme your fucking wallet or i smoke your ass". You'd give up your wallet. Why? You dont respawn. Also the world of anarchy with no law means nothing with no consequences. I spawn camp you for an hour or more. You die, get frustrated, lose all your stuff, rage quit and or /uninstallDayZ. I laugh and wait for the next nub to trot along with a pack full of beans. I just thank God i bought Arma 2 for Arma 2.

Edit: Oh and OP does have a valid point. Seems Rocket realizes the game was going down hill, why else would he reinstate the bandit outfit?

Edit 2: Oh and i have engaged in banditry of a sort. Usually if someone joins a server and acts like a royal douche. I.E. Spamming mic, weapon ammo hording, ect. Yes. I shoot them in the back of the head and teabag them into a fine paste.

Edited by HannibalLamb

QQ more. Crymore. Carebear. It's an alpha. Sneak. Harden up. tl;dr

Okay, now we got that out of the way, if you intended on posting any of those, a combination thereof, or something similiar, get the fuck out. Intelligent conversation only, and not your brownnosing bullshit.

This game is failing because bandits.

Stopped reading here.

Welcome to DayZ.

You may find this game more to your liking: http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

L2P noob. jeez .. getting tired of babies like you

oh i love that sayin , always comes from the fuckers who cant do shit without help

You know, I was going to go through a whole rant showing how the stats you hold so highly actually PROVE that bandits are a much bigger problem than you obviously think they are.

But fuck that. I'm done talking at you.

You'll have to tell me one day, how nice it is to be immune to logical arguments through sheer ignorance. It must be nice.

Fact is, Rocket saw the problem. Rocket took measures to fix it. So guess what? Fuck you. If you think bandicktry isn't a problem, then riddle me this: Why is the guy who made the mod taking measures against bandicktry?

It's not a matter of logical argument, it's you thinking your opinion is fact and ignoring or ridiculing anyone else who disagrees with it your arrogant selfish prick. And if you think a bandit skin is going to "fix" anything you are an idiot as well(gillie suits cover it btw).

It's not a matter of logical argument, it's you thinking your opinion is fact and ignoring or ridiculing anyone else who disagrees with it your arrogant selfish prick. And if you think a bandit skin is going to "fix" anything you are an idiot as well(gillie suits cover it btw).

It's already fixing things. Why? because being a bandit has discentives now. VISIBLE discentives. People on the beach might think twice about just murdering everyone they see senselessly, beccause if they get marked as a bandit, people like ME, will be taking them down.

It's already fixing things. Why? because being a bandit has discentives now. VISIBLE discentives. People on the beach might think twice about just murdering everyone they see senselessly, beccause if they get marked as a bandit, people like ME, will be taking them down.

I guarantee that the bandit skin will little to no effect on things, so no it's not really fixing anything.

I guarantee that the bandit skin will little to no effect on things, so no it's not really fixing anything.

I'll take that guarantee. What do I get when you fail that guarantee?

I just found out that the bandit skin persists even through respawns. once that becomes common knowledge, people will be even LESS inclined towards banditry, and more inclined to, you know, actually play the game as a game, instead of a deathmatch.

I love how you haven't addressed my arguments once. You're like a little kid sitting on the ground crossing his arms going 'NO!'

This thread was never about 'bandits' per se, but rather the people who aimlessly kill others. And with this new patch, they're going to have an infinitely harder time. Why? B ecause they're going to be noticable. Even after they RESPAWN. Bwahaha.

Oh lordy I hope you're one of those bandits.

lol ok whatever, it didn't really deter anyone before when the whole outfit was changed, you really think that just the headgear is going to do much? You are dreaming, it's not going to deter me or my group that's for sure. And don't forget gillie suits cover it too.