Xianyu

Why this mod is failing

I see countless posts of "Fuck this, i'm quitting" everyday. I wonder if the main-page stats account for people who haven't logged in for weeks on end. This mod will ultimately fail for several reasons: 1. People like ramatakahn play it and dedicate hours of their life to the game and board 2. There is a stand alone coming out, who cares about a mod? 3. Hacking, battleeye and bohemia. The creators of ARMA have something to do with this. i fucking dare anyone who isn't some ex-military goof ball or paramilitary retard to literally try and play ARMA. Worst. Game. Ever.

When you start with shit, you end with shit.

Sigh. Again, the top three stats grow everyday, how do you not get that this mod ISN'T failing from that??? Escpecially the "Alive Characters" one.

People like ramatakahn play it and dedicate hours of their life to the game and board

What?

Sigh. Again, the top three stats grow everyday, how do you not get that this mod ISN'T failing from that??? Escpecially the "Alive Characters" one.

What?

I don't really engage people who look like neanderthals. They tend to behave and think on the same level as one as well, which you've proven ten-fold in this thread. Also, I was pretty clear with my comment, don't act surprised that people don't appreciate your internet vigilantism.

I don't really engage people who look like neanderthals. They tend to behave and think on the same level as one as well, which you've proven ten-fold in this thread. Also, I was pretty clear with my comment, don't act surprised that people don't appreciate your internet vigilantism.

Resorting to personal insults, classic carebear behavior at it's finest. And I look nothing like a neanderthal, nice try though.

Erm, how does the 'alive characters' number mean anything?

1,051,501 unique players

841,126 alive.

That just means that upwards of 200K people died, and didn't bother making a new character. You know, ragequit.

And it may not deter you, and your group. But guess what? Your new bandit headgear will tell anyone who sees you what kind of player you are, and they can take steps accordingly.

That 800k+ number grows everyday. Me and my group attack anyone we don't know and expect to be attacked at any time, so yeah nothing has really changed.

Resorting to personal insults, classic carebear behavior at it's finest. And I look nothing like a neanderthal, nice try though.

Carebear? I take solace in the fact that I don't even know how that could be seen as an insult. Massive lols at the irony in this post and yes, you look like a neanderthal. Sure, take that as a personal insult but I think it's an apt comparison.

Sorry dude but yeah you do. First thought when i saw your pic was stoneage rapist. Just being honest here. Everytime i see your profile picture i just think "DayZ, so easy a caveman can do it."

And your post from google didnt help because if you shaved their head, you and them would like alot alike. Once again bro, just being honest. Its better to hear it from a beloved friend than a stranger.

Edited by HannibalLamb
  • Like 1

Cut the crap, stay on topic

Edited by Griff

Dude if you dont think you look like one why are you so adamant at making your point that your not one lol. To funny.

Cut the crap, stay on topic

Uh oh.. watch out dads awake.

People take this forums shit waaaaaaaay to seriously.

Edited by HannibalLamb

Dude if you dont think you look like one why are you so adamant at making your point that your not one lol. To funny.

Uh oh.. watch out dads awake.

People take this forums shit waaaaaaaay to seriously.

I thought the whole point of the forums was to have some good, wholesome discussion about the mod.

I mean, after the past two weeks, I'll bet the mods are pretty fucking tired of tsunami of BS that just keeps coming.

Read it all, and I half agree. There NEEDS to be bandits, but there ALSO needs to be more people willing to help and be friendly. I just feel there are wayyyy too many bandits.

Sorry dude but yeah you do. First thought when i saw your pic was stoneage rapist. Just being honest here. Everytime i see your profile picture i just think "DayZ, so easy a caveman can do it."

And your post from google didnt help because if you shaved their head, you and them would like alot alike. Once again bro, just being honest. Its better to hear it from a beloved friend than a stranger.

"Stoneage rapist" is one of the most hilarious things I've heard in weeks.

I thought the whole point of the forums was to have some good, wholesome discussion about the mod.

I mean, after the past two weeks, I'll bet the mods are pretty fucking tired of tsunami of BS that just keeps coming.

The forum is used for it. In theory. But then again thats the internet. Dont like it, move to iraq. I hear its lovely there in the fall.

And the minute this was posted the flame war began. Even though the OP actually posted it with a sense of intelligence. And for me personally he is right. As all of my friends stopped playing the mod due to bullshit. So technically i really dont give a shit what the mods are tired of. The game was great for the first few weeks. Now the game is reamed by fucktards who either grief you (and i mean just camp your spawn locations), or just script there way to awesomeness.

And yes im still playing because i dont give a shit about all that, the hackers and the bandits. I find the game fun. But i am getting sad as all my friends arent as thick skinned as i am and bone out when some ass insta kills them.

The thing I've been trying to point out since the beginning is this.

The game is about finding loot and surviving.

The end game currently consists of hoarding loot, and nothing more. Which is too easy once you know your shit.

Bandits and greifers alike kill new guys and 'survivors', contributing to the KOS mentality. The KOS mentality is futher expounded by a lack of game mechanics (Which is now fixed, and should be slowly righting itself again.)

The thing is, the people who WANT to deathmatch in DayZ are getting what they want. And they CONTINUE to get what they want well past the 'end game' of a survivor. Even regular bandits don't have much to do once they have all their gear, except hunt other players. but what point is there in that when they already have top tier loot?

So basically, people eventually leave this game either from boredom, or being killed far too much. Survivors who would otherwise play this game for the 'friendship' element, the people you all mistakenly call 'carebears', are pushed away by the constant KOS, and greifers.

What it will boil down to eventually is a glorified deathmatch set in a 225KM square map with some nuisance easy to kill NPC's camping all the weapon spawns. Unless action is taken to take the power away from the greifers and bandicks.

This is already beginning to happen.

If you study my original post closely, I never said anything about getting rid of bandits. I never made any allusions to wanting them gone. The only bandits I would want gone are the ones who camp on the hills around Cherno and elektro, killing woefully underprepared players before they can have a chance of fighting back. But they're not bandits. They're plain greifers.

Hacking is a problem, yes. But the greifing problem was one that was going to be much worse.

Why? Because the game systems catered to deathmatchers and greifers, that's why. There's no mid game content still, and there WAS nothing to discourage banditry (fuck yeah bandit skin back \o/),

DayZ was catering to the deathmatchers, and it was becoming more and more apparent. the KOS was the most notable way this was visible. Just reading threads on the forums, you could get a sense of how bad it was.

'I just got killed when I had no weapon, no items, and was calling friendly'. I saw this and variantions of it so many times over. I could easily see the direction the mod was taking. Why? Because when you cater to a certain audience, those are the people you will attract, and retain. And DayZ was retaining the deathmatchers, attracting more, and scaring off the survivors. Banditry was winning. Unanimously.

Maybe it still is? I'm going to wait and see.

But by creating this thread, I was using my god-given right to express my opinion. I wasn't bitching, I wasn't crying. My character is on day 50+ of survival, And I'm rollig with an ever-increasing cadre of players. And with the new patch, I can hunt bandits! \o/

But I was expressing my disappointment in the direction the game was taking.

And if any of you don't like it?

Well, I just don't fucking care. :)

@Xianyu

Just know that the loud, vocal majority on the forums make up for a pretty large chunk of the fucktard community, but there ARE non-shitheads. It's very hard to even communicate with others what with broken chat for alot of players

QQ Noob, you're a kid. This game is not for kids.

Gtfo this forum and never come back.