Jahgrid

PvE DayZ servers petition.

Why is it so difficult to understand? The creator of the mod said this would never happen, on several occasions. If you remove PvP from DayZ the game goes to crap. I'm glad you people think you know better than Rocket, but this is his mod, and he will do what he wants with it. He is not going to implement something that will destroy what he created. Argue all you want, petition all you want, bitch all you want, complain all you want, it isn't going to happen, the creator said no. If you can't deal with the PvP in this game, go play something else. There are literally hundreds of other zombie games out there that offer MUCH better PvE experiences.

@StrengthAndHonor - You're right. The guy who created a mod from scratch and currently has almost 1 million people playing an alpha version of his game, which is full of bugs, lacks any real content and depth, is obviously the wrong man for the job. I really hope you aren't put in charge of hiring anyone for any company in the near and distant future.

@StrengthAndHonor - You're right. The guy who created a mod from scratch and currently has almost 1 million people playing an alpha version of his game, which is full of bugs, lacks any real content and depth, is obviously the wrong man for the job. I really hope you aren't put in charge of hiring anyone for any company in the near and distant future.

Oh, please. Day Z is just an open world zombie apocalypse survival game. THAT ALONE, THAT GENRE RIGHT THERE, would attract millions of players on that premise alone. Don't give Rocket credit for fans loving an ALREADY established genre that has had hundreds of movies and TV shows, with recent ones like Walking Dead and I am Legend and others....

The problem is, there are no 1st person open world MMORPG zombie survival games yet. Day Z is the first to do it, even though it's a mod based on Arma II. Give Rocket credit for doing that, but not for being a genius or creating a new genre.

Let's be realistic. People are mostly here for the established zombie survival open world game, not for anything Rocket invented himself.

Let's be realistic. People are mostly here for the established zombie survival open world game, not for anything Rocket invented himself.

I am asking not out of any particular desire to defend Rocket, but more out of selfish desire to find more good games to play... Are there other open world zombie survival games that offer more than 32 players per server, have open PVP, and require you to scrounge for gear?

I am asking not out of any particular desire to defend Rocket, but more out of selfish desire to find more good games to play... Are there other open world zombie survival games that offer more than 32 players per server, have open PVP, and require you to scrounge for gear?

Not yet, but War Z is coming out in a few months.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/19/the-war-z-a-new-zombie-survival-experience

Right I cant see this working mainly because players are the main threat in DayZ. Seeing as all servers are linked, this means people could hop on a PvE server, get lots of loot, then hop back on a PvP server. Solution seems simple though; simply let these "private" server (DayZ sanctuary etc) have the ability to turn friendly fire off. I'm sure Rocket will implement this feature in the future. Personally I wouldn't use it as I love the tension in the game, but so what if people don't want to PvP. No need to attack them, as most of you do, without even backing up your argument.

Right I cant see this working mainly because players are the main threat in DayZ. Seeing as all servers are linked, this means people could hop on a PvE server, get lots of loot, then hop back on a PvP server. Solution seems simple though; simply let these "private" server (DayZ sanctuary etc) have the ability to turn friendly fire off. I'm sure Rocket will implement this feature in the future. Personally I wouldn't use it as I love the tension in the game, but so what if people don't want to PvP. No need to attack them, as most of you do, without even backing up your argument.

World of Warcraft has both PVP and PVE servers. The way they do it : Once you play on a PVE server, you can never again go back to a PVP server with that character.

Problem solved.

Edited by StrengthAndHonor

World of Warcraft has both PVP and PVE servers. The way they do it : Once you play on a PVE server, you can never again go back to a PVP server with that character.

Problem solved.

I guess he could implement a system where you have 2 character then? One for a PvP, one for a PvE? Still, if this was ever going to happen, which I doubt it will, it would be close to the final release of the mod.

This idea would only work well if the characters on PvE servers were held on a different database from those on PvP servers.

Otherwise you'd have people gear up on the PvE servers to camp high population areas on PvP servers.

I still think it ruins the post-apocalyptic feel, as high tension and banditry would be the logical outcome of such a situation.

Rocket most likely won't do this though, it would take too many resources and would mess with his vision of what the Dayz mod should be.

Problem solved.

False, you can indeed transfer characters to PvP server from PvE; but the PvE gear provides no advantage in the area of PvP.

On top of that, you can still engage in PvP on PvE servers by flagging yourself or taking place in instanced battlegrounds.

Bad information is bad

Edited by Badjr

Terrible idea

I mean i can just go in a PvE server and loot everything, then i go back to a PvP server and kill everyone

Terrible idea

I mean i can just go in a PvE server and loot everything, then i go back to a PvP server and kill everyone

So then just make it so anyone who plays their character on a PVE server can never again play on a PVP server until their character dies.

You are too quick to throw out "terrible idea"... are you 13 or something?

The map and game mechanics as they are now cannot be used for PvE servers.

To make this enjoyable & challenging there needs to be content (missions, goals, the usual stuff) AND the loot has to be cut down to 10% or less.

But honestly imo, the game needs to be revamped completely for PvE.

So then just make it so anyone who plays their character on a PVE server can never again play on a PVP server until their character dies.

You are too quick to throw out "terrible idea"... are you 13 or something?

Are you? Did you not read the part where Rocket said he would never do this? Did you not see the interviews where he said he would not do this? Did you not read and see Rocket say that players are going to be a bigger concern over zombies in terms of survival? It isn't going to happen. The man who is in charge of putting this feature in the game said no. Yet you continue to ask for it over and over again. No means no.

• Like 4

Are you? Did you not read the part where Rocket said he would never do this? Did you not see the interviews where he said he would not do this? Did you not read and see Rocket say that players are going to be a bigger concern over zombies in terms of survival? It isn't going to happen. The man who is in charge of putting this feature in the game said no. Yet you continue to ask for it over and over again. No means no.

This is basically it. Everytime i glance at the suggestion forum.

Never going to be implemented, because of this

rocket says that the pvp will never be changed in it's basic structure.

and sweet baby jesus thank you for a game that finally doesn't hold my hand or tells me how to do things.

This game is about survival.

Basic survival - not zombie survival, not bandit survival.

You want to shoot someone? Do it and deal with the consequences.

You dont want to shoot someone? Do it and deal with the consequences.

You want to group up? Do it and deal with the consequences.

Rocket already said, that DayZ...

- doesnt need millions of customers

- will always have free4all pvp as a core mechanic

- is meant to be impossibly dark and cruel

- is meant to evoke fear, paranoia and frustration

Therefore it is pretty safe to assume that none of these suggestions, that would greatly change/modify/prevent/punish the core mechanic of this game, is ever going to be implemented.

This is not Left4Dead.

This is not Chernarus Apocalypse.

This is DayZ.

Flag PVP characters with PVP only access. Flag PVE characters with PVE only access. Require a server restart to change from PVE to PVP. Make both games identical.

Anyone saying anything different just wants to keep sniping carebears on the coast because they're being bullied at school by the fat kid who keeps taking their lunch money, bullied at work by the guy with mustard on his tie who tells too many long-winded jokes, or unemployed alcoholics who hate their dead-end lives. Once you get over the hurdle of tagging character creation with PVE or PVP only, there's no more work to be done at all. The complaints are coming from people who will now be surrounded by characters who are READY for them and who they can't exploit by pretending to be nice. Now all of the lunatics will be locked in the asylum with the guards.

Personally, I play my FPS's hardcore with friendly fire, so I'm not particularly concerned. But it's funny listening to the bandits whine that they won't be able to fake innocence and then hatchet players in the face anymore because everyone will be just as ready for combat as they are. Which brings up an interesting point...hm...

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 2

It seems that a lot of children now play this game..., and im not talking about the people who want PVE, I am talking about the people Nerd raging at other people for wanting something different, I personally love the way the game is, it is the only game of its type, you are in constant danger from PEOPLE and zombies (When the Bugs are gone) people have a right to say their opinion on what they want BUT PVE servers will not and should not happen in DayZ, this Mod was built my a man who has clearly said what he wants the mod to be, he wants a gritty zombie survival simulater where YOU chose how to play.... people are misinterpreting that as please tell me (Rocket) what to build) NO it means you dont have to be a bandit, you can play this game without shooting other players it just means you have to be more careful in doing so because if a player who wants your stuff or just wants blood sees you before you see them its over, all in all what i am trying to say, lets use L4d as an example, i dont see people posting for hey lets fundamentally change this game to suit what we want as opposed to how it was built, why would you ask this of Rocket and his Dev team?, this is dayz, this is what it was made to be, if you dont like the play style please dont ask for it to change just go play a game more suited to your style, It sounds to me like people who want this to change are just playing it because it has boomed in popularity, if its not fun for you then dont play it. That is all i have to say on that topic and if anyone made it to the end of my post i salute you sir, I salute you

Edited by Gareth_Sims

Hate this idea. The reason people want PvE is that PvP is too difficult starting out and doesn't encourage players to work together in any way for an end goal. Add reasons why players should work together and punishments for senseless killing and people will start working together more...

• Like 1

well going by the op's post with FF disabled these would be the conditions to kill people

You're contradicting yourself; if you want to kill people, then do it on a PvP sever. No need to make an entirely different environment based on NOT killing people.