Jahgrid

PvE DayZ servers petition.

I'm not even a bandit and I know that this game just wouldn't work as PvE. What it needs is something to tone down the deathmatch vibe and encourage a 50/50 survivor/bandit split like how it used to be. Half the fun of this game was not knowing who you could trust and who wanted your goodies. We need a lot less KoS with a bit of banditry to keep you on your toes.

• Like 1

the point of having pve is to create the option of being able to play the game the way you want to play it. simple as that. if it doesn't affect you why do you care?

The design and development team don't need the distraction. It's as simple as that. They don't need to hear about how their recent change has effected PvE servers in an unintended way and how it is breaking the game for people who want to enjoy it "that way." And no matter what you say, that would happen if PvE servers were an option.

Players would expect PvE servers to be properly balanced, challenging, interesting, etc., etc. and if a patch came out that had only PvP changes and tweaks, the forums would be awash with PvE players claiming favoritism and demanding attention.

DayZ is a PvP game. PvP is the core threat mechanic and always will be. DayZ servers without PvP are actually less appropriate than DayZ servers without zombies.

rocket said it months ago: if you don't like DayZ's focus on PvP, there are already zombie games out there for you including mods for ARMA 2 that you can go and enjoy completely free of PvP.

He's not going to spend his time catering to you. Petition or no petition.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 4

I really dont understand most of you. Some people want pvp, some people dont. How can you even dare arguing about this, its personal taste and it cant be argued. If someone doesnt get bored by cooperating then why not?

And what i also dont understand is why people on the other hand are all the time crying for pve servers. As i posted before you can do this on your own by hosting an own server and posting it in the newby section to attract as many friendly players as possible or just find enough people to protect a server against bandits. You can have small 40 people server so this should be easily done if just the people asking for pve servers in this forum TODAY would team up. This would not be a perfect pve where you cant get shot but it would create a server like i think most of you pve guys want.

Or just try one of the private hive servers, they often have global chat enabled and i have seen bigger groups cooperating a lot. Its not my personal taste because global chat is just not immersive but its there and you can use it.

Finally: The game is not pve or pvp, its sandbox. We can make of it what we want.

Edited by okami
  • Like 1

It seems pretty obvious that since you all whining sissies want pve servers you have clearly missing the point of the game.

It is not going to happen. Deal with it or:

wait for warZ (yay, money in a post-apo game, class system, safe zones & so called pve, plus the giga pussy mod aka easy mod (you die, you keep your gear. Way to go!))

or try other zeds pve shooter (killing floor, left4dead and so on).

But not dayZ. DayZ is not a zombie shooter. It is a survival, paranoia generator, where player interaction take the first place (even if you halfwited sissies think that the only way to play the game is to KoS (poor little sobbing victims))

PS: moar tears for mah canteen

I wonder if you really find logic in yur thoughts. First cooperation IS player interaction. It's even more interaction than "Haha I sniped you a mile away and you didn't even see me.". Second you are no one to say what is boring and what is not. Everyone has different opinions. Third a flag in the console of the kind "mp_friendlyfire 0 / 1" shouldn't be that hard to add. And eveyone would be happy that way.

What the hell s wrong with people like you sir?

• Like 1

What would be the point? Get fully geared in an hour and then that's it, you win the game?

• Like 1

Yes but some sort of people don't get fun from pvp in this game witch take wrong way. If I want to shoot people on a sight I will play CoD or Battlefield. ( sorry for my bad text but I'm not english and it's not mine main language.

This is one of the stupidest arguments i have ever seen

Since PVE and PVP servers would be a separate thing, people shouldn't complain about their existence, simply everyone would play on the type they like to play.

However I think I can see the problem here.

Since the "bandit" wouldn't notice the lack of PVP in a server where he doesn't play he shouldn't be concerned. Unless...............

Unless he is a butthurt that can't really make it in a true FPS so he wants to pick kills on people who can't return fire. In this case they get affected, because if non-aggresive players move to non-PVP servers, they would have less meatbags to shoot at.

There is no reason to be against servers having options upon creation and everyone having the enviroment as they wish. Thus creating a variety of options for all kinds of players. People against options are just admitting to want other people be forced under the rules they like.

At first glance, you're right, if you like PvP servers join them, if you like PvE join them. But it's just not that simple. Let me lay out a scenario for you, I'm a bandit, I love killing people. I join a PvE server and run all the way up to the barracks, walk right in, grab a gun, join a PvP server, and lay waste to anything in my sight. Another scenario, I'm on a PvE server, not a bandit just a scavenger. I look through every building in Cherno, Elektro, and Berezino. There's nothing there! Well, that's because no one has a reason not to run through the streets of Berezino or Eleketro or Cherno. It's as simple as that and that's why PvE servers are a foolish idea.

At first glance, you're right, if you like PvP servers join them, if you like PvE join them. But it's just not that simple. Let me lay out a scenario for you, I'm a bandit, I love killing people. I join a PvE server and run all the way up to the barracks, walk right in, grab a gun, join a PvP server, and lay waste to anything in my sight. Another scenario, I'm on a PvE server, not a bandit just a scavenger. I look through every building in Cherno, Elektro, and Berezino. There's nothing there! Well, that's because no one has a reason not to run through the streets of Berezino or Eleketro or Cherno. It's as simple as that and that's why PvE servers are a foolish idea.

For the frst scenario remember that a condition that must be fullfilled if PVE servers ever come to be is that you can't take a character from PVE to PVP and viceversa. About the second one, well, it is a problem for people that want to play in the PVE server. I proposed to place a dsclaimer that "by playing on a server without firendly fire you play as is and that no support is provided". You just get it to do whatever you want or can do with it. Believe, there will be a lot of players that would play them anyways.

Like I said I wouldn't play on a pure PVE server but I feel it would be nice for people to have them if it s not too much trouble to implement.

For the frst scenario remember that a condition that must be fullfilled if PVE servers ever come to be is that you can't take a character from PVE to PVP and viceversa. About the second one, well, it is a problem for people that want to play in the PVE server. I proposed to place a dsclaimer that "by playing on a server without firendly fire you play as is and that no support is provided". You just get it to do whatever you want or can do with it. Believe, there will be a lot of players that would play them anyways.

Like I said I wouldn't play on a pure PVE server but I feel it would be nice for people to have them if it s not too much trouble to implement.

Taking out PvP from a game built around PvP is like taking out someone heart or brain, it's like ripping out the motherboard on my computer, it's like taking out the walls on a house, its like taking the pages out of a book. It's necessary and if you don't like the PvP aspect don't play the game, play Left for Dead 1 or 2, play Nation Red, play No More Room in Hell, you could even play S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

• Like 1

Taking out PvP from a game built around PvP is like taking out someone heart or brain, it's like ripping out the motherboard on my computer, it's like taking out the walls on a house, its like taking the pages out of a book. It's necessary and if you don't like the PvP aspect don't play the game, play Left for Dead 1 or 2, play Nation Red, play No More Room in Hell, you could even play S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

Actually. I totally forgot about No More Room in Hell. I was very interested on that project but stopped following it.

When I read this I initially thought it was a joke. Then I realized the OP was in fact a Care Bear. You want PvE? Go play another game. Taking out the danger of other players makes this game suddenly dull and not worth the time. You would get bored in a month. Is there an option on your petition to count as a negative vote? Or maybe we should silence your sad dream with a petition to only have PvP servers.

I'm still thinking of things to do in PVE.

I'd make a massive barbwire and sandbag maze around Elektro, Cherno, or NW airfield. That wouldn't piss anyone off right?

It seems pretty obvious that since you all whining sissies want pve servers you have clearly missing the point of the game.

It is not going to happen. Deal with it or:

wait for warZ (yay, money in a post-apo game, class system, safe zones & so called pve, plus the giga pussy mod aka easy mod (you die, you keep your gear. Way to go!))

or try other zeds pve shooter (killing floor, left4dead and so on).

But not dayZ. DayZ is not a zombie shooter. It is a survival, paranoia generator, where player interaction take the first place (even if you halfwited sissies think that the only way to play the game is to KoS (poor little sobbing victims))

PS: moar tears for mah canteen

get a life...

• Like 2

What the hell s wrong with people like you sir?

We have balls, my good sir, and a fonctionning brain as well. Shooting on sight is not the only type of interaction possible in this game, you're right, that's why I play with a 8 people group.

Oh, by the way, some admins tried to disable friendly fire for their servers. They were banned from the hive. PVE only is not going to happen (plus, dafuq is fun in shooting waves after waves of zeds in dayZ?)

The main danger in the game should NOT be the zeds but yourself & the other players. That's what'is fun about this mod.

Mike123: have you read my signature?

• Like 1

I don't think you people quite understand the immense boredom involved with PvE; you have the best gear, supplies, vehicles... and now what? Are you just going to lay back on top of a tower and nick zombies with your AS50? Humans pose the greatest challenge in this game, Rocket says so himself; he has absolutely no intention of making any PvE servers. It's nonsensical, requires unnecessary time-consumption and effort from the already-overworked creator, (would be) excruciatingly boring and a deterrence for someone's play-style (bandits). If you can't stand the bandits, then you've already lost this game.

Edited by WhiteMustard

with no pvp you have to find creative ways to kill your team mates.

1. shooting your loud gun in the middle of the city or zombie infested area with your group if they are prone jet out first.

2. throwing smoke grenades at camping hill snipers.

3. walking over your teammates causing broken bones and bleeds.

4. drag your passed out enemies or friends to a field of zombies and let them be eaten.

etc

with no pvp you have to find creative ways to kill your team mates.

1. shooting your loud gun in the middle of the city or zombie infested area with your group if they are prone jet out first.

2. throwing smoke grenades at camping hill snipers.

3. walking over your teammates causing broken bones and bleeds.

4. drag your passed out enemies or friends to a field of zombies and let them be eaten.

etc

That's pretty much PvP...

and you can do all of that now... -.-

For people saying PVE is boring. Remember you don't have to play on PVE servers, you don't even have to acknowledge their existence. So it wouldn't be your bussiness if they are boring or not.

Edited by necroslord

I don't think you need to worry. Seeing as the ARMA engine is fairly easy to make mods for (I think), someone will most likely do this if it's not an option in the stand-alone. Everyone should be happy then.

Ps. Telling other people what they should think is fun, that's just a bit weird...

If Rocket is really this anal about changing things and creating worlds where more people can have fun, then someone else will come along and make this game the right way.

It's starting to sound lke Rocket is the wrong man for the job. This is not his creation. This is basically Walking Dead the video game. Or I am Legend. This is not his. So..... someone else can just make this game with the ability to create servers that are just PvE, some that are all PvP, so people who want to play that, can.

I see nothing wrong with that. Let people have their fun.

Edited by StrengthAndHonor

That's pretty much PvP...

and you can do all of that now... -.-

well going by the op's post with FF disabled these would be the conditions to kill people

If Rocket is really this anal about changing things and creating worlds where more people can have fun, then someone else will come along and make this game the right way.

Yes! Please! Let someone who wants to make the bestest PVE zombie game ever make it! Let someone who wants to make the standard formulaic game make the standard formulaic game. That way the people who like this can have it, and the people who want a normal PVE shooter can have it, and everybody can be happy. Excellent suggestion!